Remove Advertisements

Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Flex » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:58 am

One of our raiders bought a beefy gaming laptop recently. He has never heard of Steam. He really only plays WoW. Got him to sign up for Steam last night. Trying to talk him into getting Far Cry 3 since it is pretty awesome. His complaint is that it costs $30. He's race changed multiple characters multiple times.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Worldie » Thu Jul 18, 2013 10:58 am

That's normal, I've spent probably a thousand euros on wow between race/faction changes, rafs, store and transfers, but I still cringe at spending 40 € for a PS2 :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:06 am

$30? Shouldn't it be half-price right now or something?
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:09 am

KysenMurrin wrote:$30? Shouldn't it be half-price right now or something?

It is on sale normally for 33% off, its lowest sale price is 40% off, which it currently is at. So $24.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:11 am

Hmm. Checked and it's at £11.99 over on this side right now (-40% sale).

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:13 am

Wonder if there's some anti-american pricing since Ubisoft is a dirty French company.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:18 am

Usually games get sold in the UK on a same-price-as-US-with-a-different-symbol basis, so I'm not complaining.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:22 pm

The Steam Greenlight system makes me insane when I try to figure it out. From my reading it is for new developers and for publishers with no prior relationship with Steam/Valve to go to get community approval for Steam distribution.

Paranautical Activity had a Greenlight page before Adult Swim Games struck a publishing deal with the developers. Valve declined to distribute it on Steam since it has a Greenlight page and didn't want it to appear getting a publisher is a way to get around Greenlight, which is understandable. However Fist Puncher had a Greenlight page, was picked up by Adult Swim Games and was approved for Steam distribution.

The Marvel Heroes ARPG is the only game by that publisher/developer on Steam and it didn't go through Greenlight.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:47 am

The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby benebarba » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:09 am

Klaudandus wrote:http://m.wcvb.com/news/boeing-787-makes-unscheduled-landing-at-logan/-/17428308/21038592/-/131wectz/-/index.html

Almost 10 days without incidents!

What I find interesting is that their stock prices are actually still steadily rising (1 year and 6 month trend). I mean, say what you will about the frequency of failures (all different systems, with only a couple repeats in the battery, it's worth noting), but they seem to be playing the PR game rather well with these incidents, and how forthcoming they are about what they are doing to address the issues.
benebarba

Postby Nooska » Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:30 am

They have learned that communicating is the first step in damage reduction, and the big one in regards to confidence in the company.

No failure is lethal, unless you makee it so yourself. (Or thats what I heard in regards to PR)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:49 am

---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:09 pm

Apparenlty, there was a WOW Movie teaser at SDCC.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:31 pm

Someone today told me people shouldn't be mad at Microsoft anymore for all the DRM stuff because they said they're not doing it now.

The worst part was this person was probably dead serious and thinks there's nothing wrong with companies doing this.

Edit for WoW related amusement/lesson:

Generally when bidding on something on the BMAH it's not a good idea to talk shit to people with waaaaaaay more gold than you that will bid you up just because you acted like a dumbshit and could use the item anyway thus having no chance to backfire on them.
Teranoid

Postby Sagara » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:02 am

You mean people haven't learned the motto "don't be an ass" yet?

PREPOSTEROUS!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to General