Remove Advertisements

Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Nooska » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:33 pm

No - there currently are none (well none significant) ;)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Flex » Tue Jul 09, 2013 12:42 pm

Nooska wrote:No - there currently are none (well none significant) ;)

I don't know...baseline interrupt is kinda significant.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Tue Jul 09, 2013 1:35 pm

Flex wrote:

Or the potential removal of Readiness... (oh! was that too emotional for you Flex?.. I do declare, I don't know what came over me...)
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Amirya » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:07 pm

The girl at the fast food restaurant. I wasn't hungry, didn't want to eat, but have to because of my meds. So I ordered the kids' meal size.

First, she tried to upsize the entree from the mini to the basket. "No thank you."
Then she tried to offer an additional side. "No thank you."
Then she reminded me that the mini is really really small. "That's fine."
Then she tried to upsize the drink from the mini to at least an adult sized small. "No thank you."

It was absolutely hilarious, the look on her face.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Jabari » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:11 pm

halabar wrote:
Flex wrote:

Or the potential removal of Readiness... (oh! was that too emotional for you Flex?.. I do declare, I don't know what came over me...)

*shrug* The massive buff to Arcane Shot will probably make up for losing Readiness.
(Especially at stupid gear levels, i.e. T15+. Leveling not so much, but whatever.)

I wonder if TotH will be better than Dire Beast even for BM after that change to AS...
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Kelerei » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:11 pm

Just watched the latest Top Gear, with the taxi race-off segment.

After packing up laughing when our local entrant rocked up, I ended up booing it (because as Hamster said, they are indeed hated and despised), then packed up laughing again when it was driven in the same style as down here!
Kelerei

Postby cdan » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:26 pm

Amirya wrote:The girl at the fast food restaurant. I wasn't hungry, didn't want to eat, but have to because of my meds. So I ordered the kids' meal size.

First, she tried to upsize the entree from the mini to the basket. "No thank you."
Then she tried to offer an additional side. "No thank you."
Then she reminded me that the mini is really really small. "That's fine."
Then she tried to upsize the drink from the mini to at least an adult sized small. "No thank you."

It was absolutely hilarious, the look on her face.

This is the kind of unAmerican activity the NSA look for.
cdan

Postby halabar » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:40 pm

Jabari wrote:The massive buff to Arcane Shot will probably make up for losing Readiness.
(Especially at stupid gear levels, i.e. T15+. Leveling not so much, but whatever.)

I wonder if TotH will be better than Dire Beast even for BM after that change to AS...

Arcane change isn't really a pure buff, since the focus cost is increased as well. They are talking about buffing Stampede for PVE, which will help. Have to wait and see what changes they make to compensate for Readiness.

For TotH, I'll wait for Zeherah to add the Arcane change to femaledwarf.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Amirya » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:15 pm

cdan wrote:This is the kind of unAmerican activity the NSA look for.

Let them come. :mrgreen:
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Nooska » Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:44 am

Flex wrote:

That wasn't in the patchnotes when I wrote my post :p

Not sure if I think its significant, we used to have that, then they changed around how we got our interrupt, then it was removed, and now its reintroduced.
Nice, but honestly not significant jus a blizzderp "what are we going to do abbout this"

As for Readiness, well they stated pretty definitively that they are thinking about removing it, but would reduced the stuff baseline or add charges or somesuch (charges is pretty interesting and would be a buff, as you would essentially have readiness for each ability independantly of the others).

But nothing big, like trying to change the playstyle.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby amh » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:41 am

Activated a free 10-day trial yesterday, just to see what the game looks like these days. Found this gem:

Glyph of the Righteous Retreat

There is nothing about this glyph I don't love!
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:54 am

Mandatory glyph for all paladins tbh
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby cdan » Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:36 am

Can I just say a great big thank you to all of the tourists who visit Grand Central Terminal between 6 and 7 pm on weekdays. You make my life so much brighter and it is a joy having to dodge between your lethargic, meandering, plodding paths as you stare, mouth agape, ever upwards. Although a special place in paradise should be reserved for those precious few who choose not to move at all, but wish to remain stationary in small knotted people-clumps all over the central hall whilst another, wonderfully pleasant member of their party takes a commemorative photograph.

I salute you all.
cdan

Postby Era » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:09 am

cdan wrote:Can I just say a great big thank you to all of the tourists who visit Grand Central Terminal between 6 and 7 pm on weekdays. You make my life so much brighter and it is a joy having to dodge between your lethargic, meandering, plodding paths as you stare, mouth agape, ever upwards. Although a special place in paradise should be reserved for those precious few who choose not to move at all, but wish to remain stationary in small knotted people-clumps all over the central hall whilst another, wonderfully pleasant member of their party takes a commemorative photograph.

I salute you all.

My favourite kind of people are the ones who stop and stand around right at the end of an escalator, while the rest of us gets helplessly churned into a ball of torn flesh and protruding broken bones.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Sagara » Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:12 am

pics or it didn't happen :-p
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to General