Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Chunes » Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:28 am

Fenrìr wrote:Soooo...joined a World Boss group as per my usually weekly world boss mount attempts go. Go do Oon first and as a tank with a OS of DPS, I feel ok with it. I end up destroying everyone at something like 180k (closest person was around 110k). I get a whisper from the RL saying he's kicking me because my dps may impede the group due to the other people thinking they're playstyle is wrong and end up leaving...overall hurting the other three world bosses he intended to kill.

"Not sure if frustrated or flattered..."
Chunes

Postby Teranoid » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:00 am

Fenrìr wrote:Soooo...joined a World Boss group as per my usually weekly world boss mount attempts go. Go do Oon first and as a tank with a OS of DPS, I feel ok with it. I end up destroying everyone at something like 180k (closest person was around 110k). I get a whisper from the RL saying he's kicking me because my dps may impede the group due to the other people thinking they're playstyle is wrong and end up leaving...overall hurting the other three world bosses he intended to kill.

I have no words.
Teranoid

Postby bldavis » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:01 am

wow....:lol:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby cdan » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:17 am

In the land of the blind the one eyed man is...stoned to death.
cdan

Postby Worldie » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:19 am

That's probably the most amusing thing about WoW i've heard of
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby benebarba » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:20 am

Where's Klaud with a jackie chan pic when you need one?

Also, when I read a story like this on WI today, I seriously though 'hmm... I smell something fishy'... apparently this really does happen.

Either way, I guess that RL doesn't want easier kills?
benebarba

Postby benebarba » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:23 am

bldavis wrote:wow....:lol:

The story or that Teranoid had no words? :P
benebarba

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:46 pm

benebarba wrote:
halabar wrote:Umm... we are talking uproar and outrage over not being able to sue the maker of a game box, right?.. Sure, they are bastards, but it is a game box..

Contract lawyers probably don't see it (the SC decision and it's results, that is) that way. And I'm not sure I can disagree with the idea.

-- edited to add: actually, all I've seen discussed on legal blogs, law school class sites, etc. is that the SC decision only related to arbitration clauses (i.e. sounds like you can go to arbitration but not sue for damages if the contract so states), so I wonder how much comes down to a writer's interpretation vs actual legal interpretation. I assume this is mainly people getting pissed about the fact that they think they may have no or little recourse if the Red Circle of Doom happens again.

On to actual amusement: terrible reviews pouring in for WWZ, which seems to be yet another 'let's call it the same thing as a well-recieved book and hope we make loads of money' movie.

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/national ... ors/66443/

The SCOTUS just gave their ruling today on an antitrust/arbitration issue
The Supreme Court didn't. The Court's opinion, written by Justice Scalia on behalf of the conservative justices (Sotomayor recused), argues that the agreement between the parties is more important even than any other consideration. The majority argued, in short, the contract is the most important consideration.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:48 pm

benebarba wrote:

Where's Klaud with a jackie chan pic when you need one?

Also, when I read a story like this on WI today, I seriously though 'hmm... I smell something fishy'... apparently this really does happen.

Either way, I guess that RL doesn't want easier kills?

---
Klaudandus

Postby benebarba » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:56 pm

I knew you'd deliver :D
benebarba

Postby Teranoid » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:58 pm

benebarba wrote:

It takes something truly stupid to have me at a loss for words.

This was one of those times.
Teranoid

Postby Amirya » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:06 pm

Ummm....what?

/flabbergasted

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:50 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/faa-boeing-787-di ... 29770.html
Another day, another 787 in the news.
---
Klaudandus

Postby bldavis » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:41 pm

benebarba wrote:

mostly the story, but teranoid having no words was pretty amusing as well

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:58 pm

heh, it is pretty amusing to see Teranoid without anything to say.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General