Remove Advertisements

Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Nooska » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:50 pm

Klaudandus wrote:And one last thing, if you get banned from XboxLive, you lose ALL your games!

That last - won't hold up to courtreview in the EU, so that will be killed off rather quickly.

We actually have a EU court ruling that licenses are the property of the one purchasing them, and they have a right to sell them on when they don't need or want them anymore (and the purchase has the right to be able to use them with only payment for the license being applicable) - I don't have a link readily available, but 90% of the crap MS is spewing will be illegal to try and do in the EU - did someone forget to tell them april 1st has come and gone a couple of months past? someone mixed up their april 1st announcements with the xbox announcements?
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby benebarba » Sat Jun 15, 2013 1:53 pm

realizing for the last page or so when I see 'XBone', that I've been reading it as 'X-bone'
benebarba

Postby bldavis » Sat Jun 15, 2013 2:55 pm

hell that is how i have been reading it all along when its not X Box One

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Era » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:08 pm

I think it's the intended way of reading it. Unless you work at Microsoft.

Also, related (possibly lying)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POvLaziUsTo
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:12 pm

The latest nonsense: The X-Box One will be limited to only 21 countries on release. The console may not even be functional in other countries if you have a valid license from one of the supported locations. The list of countries includes some EU nations, but not all of them - which might be illegal thanks to the shared EU market.

The Witcher 3, one of the games being developed for the console, and one that MS highlighted in their presentations, is being made by a company based in Poland. Where the X-Box One won't work.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby bldavis » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:16 pm

this should go in the random pics thread, but i am being lazy and didnt want to look it up

besides this is highly amusing to me

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Era » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:48 pm

bldavis wrote:this should go in the random pics thread, but i am being lazy and didnt want to look it up

besides this is highly amusing to me

At least there's usually only one person judging you in the latter! :lol:

I did a great job my first time; told me I was a natural! ...at tanking, that is. :wink:
(probably not so much the other, I will humbly admit)
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:19 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/14/ ... pre-orders
Early data for console pre-orders from major online retailers in the United States show consumers pre-ordered approximately three PS4 units for every two Xbox One consoles during the period between Monday June 10 to Wednesday June 12. While this is not an indication of future purchase intent, it does seem to suggest that Sony resonated louder with consumers during E3 2013 than Microsoft.

IGN users were unquestionably swayed by Sony’s messaging during this year’s Electronic Entertainment Expo. We asked our readers who they thought was “winning E3” during the show. Over 280,000 of you responded, and Sony took the top spot with 81% of the votes. Microsoft garnered 12% and Nintendo grabbed the remaining 7%.

“We always knew that our story would play out over time,” said VP at Microsoft Game Studios Phil Spencer speaking with GameSpot. “And even now, I would say, this isn't a sprint."
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Era » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:22 pm

Yes, once the consoles have been around for a bit and there's a decent supply of used games on the market, that's when the Xbox One will truly shine!
Era

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:31 pm

Era wrote:Yes, once the consoles have been around for a bit and there's a decent supply of used games on the market, that's when the Xbox One will truly shine!

And one extra bit regarding the XBone
http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2013/06/13/ ... tethering/
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/arch ... nches.aspx

We received additional information about online check-ins, as Spencer shared that tethering a mobile device can handle a license refresh. "It's kilobytes, not megabytes," he confirmed. "You can also set your console to always have the latest bits in a standby state." Later, Spencer was concrete, "If you have no ability to connect to the Internet, the Xbox One is not the console for you."
---
Klaudandus

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:34 pm

The key thing is this, I think: Microsoft have sat down and designed a games console based on how they think it should work and how they think it should be used, and not on how the user would want to use it.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:40 pm

Yeah. 'cept because the console is very cost-prohibitive, the consumer will tend to go to the one that is the least restrictive. The PS4 has the added bonus of being cheaper to boot.

Heck. XBone requires you to have Xbox Live GOLD to use netflix, the PS4 does not requires PSN+ for you to use netflix on it.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Nooska » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:16 am

Thats the case currently with the 360 as well, no? Need XBL gold for netflix - no way I'll pay a subscription fee to use something I pay a subscription fee for access to.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Fetzie » Sun Jun 16, 2013 4:02 am

Does the Xbone have a wireless NIC in it, or how are you supposed to connect an RJ45 ethernet cable to your phone?
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Teranoid » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:18 am

If your Skynet2000 isn't on the list of the regions supported by Microsoft your console may not even work. When asked by a user why he should buy one if he travels frequently he was told that "if he travels a lot he'll be able to play when he returns home. He should have a 360 for road gaming" IM SORRY? I just gave you five hundred dollars for a game console and YOU'RE going to dictate to me when I can fucking use it? NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOOOOOOOOOOOOPE.

Japan is not one of the primary launch locations for the console. Yeah I get it they didn't have the kind of install base they do elsewhere but WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO TURN DOWN PEOPLE WILLING TO GIVE YOU THEIR MONEY. Microsoft is absolutely out of their fucking minds if they think they're singlehandedly going to force the consumers hand into this bullshit.
Last edited by Teranoid on Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teranoid

PreviousNext

Return to General