Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Fenrìr » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:39 am

Just saw a 'Willy Wilder' NPC at the BMAH...targeted him...rare mob...thought what the hell and killed him. got a brawler's guild invite from him, rofl.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Teranoid » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:41 am

Yeah we were all hanging out at the BMAH waiting to see who won the container and what was in it and he just walked up and got obliterated. Was pretty amusing.

Never did find out who won the container let alone what was in it ><
Teranoid

Postby Era » Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:59 am

Blah blah console talk on previous page.

I've always been fond of Microsoft, but when the time comes to upgrade my console I think I'm gonna get a PS4. I live in the capital of Norway and the internet here is great, but I spend most vacations back in the town where I grew up, which is naught but mountains, lakes and forests. Internet there is NOT always on. Sometimes it just dies and doesn't come back for the rest of the day.

Besides, bought the 360 instead of PS3 last round (mostly because of Halo), so I guess its time for a PS anyway. :roll:
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:31 pm

Era wrote:
Blah blah console talk on previous page.

I've always been fond of Microsoft, but when the time comes to upgrade my console I think I'm gonna get a PS4. I live in the capital of Norway and the internet here is great, but I spend most vacations back in the town where I grew up, which is naught but mountains, lakes and forests. Internet there is NOT always on. Sometimes it just dies and doesn't come back for the rest of the day.

Besides, bought the 360 instead of PS3 last round (mostly because of Halo), so I guess its time for a PS anyway. :roll:

Same. Xbox 360 now, PS4 next year.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:46 pm

Nintendo told Microsoft if they're "worried about used games maybe they should make better games". Died laughing.
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Jun 14, 2013 12:55 pm

Teranoid wrote:Nintendo told Microsoft if they're "worried about used games maybe they should make better games". Died laughing.

LOL. link plz?
---
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:00 pm

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/13/442633 ... tter-games

The Reginator has spoken. Shots fired.
Teranoid

Postby Era » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:21 pm

Teranoid wrote:Nintendo told Microsoft if they're "worried about used games maybe they should make better games". Died laughing.

Loving it. :')
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Nooska » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:07 am

Klaudandus wrote:And the ToS for the XBones includes forfeiting your right to a class-actions suit against MS in case they develop red rings of death
http://www.ibtimes.com/xbox-one-users-m ... gh-1306797

Holy ....

I'm glad I live in the EU where ToS that restrict your rights as a consumer/customer/purchaser are invalid by default (and technically invalidates all other terms, unless they got the wording right).
MS may try to guard agianst CALs in the US alone by that sort of contract, but I think, over time, the EU has been the more dear of the two areas for MS in regards to legal costs (granted, a lot of that has had to do with the monopoly-like state of MS with regards to IE) - and MS can in no way riskbeing shut out of europe especially germany has some rather reactionary courts in regards to some of these things - as far as I remember)

Of course, they could just have different ToS in EU than in the US *shrug*
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:21 am

Jabari wrote:
KysenMurrin wrote:Airbus A350 first flight is underway, and they gathered us up at work to watch the live feed of the takeoff. Or that's what was supposed to happen - the IT department couldn't get the feed working, and we ended up watching it crowded round someone's phone instead. :lol:

You work on that program at all Kysen?

Not directly. I work at Rolls-Royce, who make the engines.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:57 am

Rolls Royce actually made the engines for both the Dreamliner and the A350/A380, they're just different series. The dreamliner uses the Trent 1000 series*, the A380 uses the Trent 900, and the A350 uses the XWB variant of the Trent 900.

*The Dreamliner also uses GEnx engines*

The engine failure reported by JAL 3 days ago on a dreamliner seems to be one equipped with the RR engines. Not the first time this happens, although the previous time it was due to the gearbox which is supplied by an american contractor.

I keep up with a lot of news on airplanes... in part due to my fear of flying
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:02 am

On more MS and XBone news...

MS manages to piss off the military. Best part? The MS guy comes out as tone deaf to the criticism.
http://www.armytimes.com/article/201306 ... e-members-
Not to fear, says Xbox exec Don Mattrick, president of the Microsoft’s Interactive Entertainment division. The company has a solution for those in the military: Just use the old Xbox 360 instead.

“Fortunately we have a product for people who aren’t able to get some form of connectivity, it’s called Xbox 360. If you have zero access to the Internet, that is an offline device”

And a foundation/charity that gets used games for kids to play at hospitals will probably boycott the XBone
http://www.gamepolitics.com/2013/05/22/ ... wned-games

"Normally I don't pay much attention to announcements like this XBox thing, but the 'Pre-owned fee' has me livid. In a stroke, Microsoft has removed themselves from the Foundation's inventory for as long as this policy is in place. In our annual survey, the Foundation's network hospitals have on average less than one dollar per patient per year budgeted for any form of non-medical therapy and treatment. So now, if I send a hospital an XBox One with twenty games, it's going to cost them (at, charitably, .99 each) 19.80 just to play the games I've sent them for free?

And that's just for *one* system! Some of our member hospitals have dozens of systems spread around multiple wards! I can hear it now: "Sorry Jimmy, you can't play this game. Only the Oncology ward has it unlocked. Ridiculous. What a load of tripe. So yeah, no XBox One support from the Get-Well Gamers Foundation, it seems. Anyone who donates them to us, they'll have to be sold so we can buy games that can be played on more than one system. Good grief."

And one last thing, if you get banned from XboxLive, you lose ALL your games!
---
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:05 am

It really is like Microsoft said "hey lets single-handedly kill our console division in less than six months"
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:38 am

Teranoid wrote:It really is like Microsoft said "hey lets single-handedly kill our console division in less than six months"

I'm almost thinking that Sony somehow managed to sneak people into high positions within the MS Xbox division and sabotage the XBone from within.

But then, I realize that Balmer and his cronies are the ones responsible for Windows 8 and I realize that the damage is actually truly self-inflicted. =P

Heck. I'd not be surprised if 10 years from now, the XBone is a case study on how NOT to do things, pretty much like the whole Adidas/Puma thing is.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:21 pm

---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General