Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby benebarba » Tue May 28, 2013 8:32 am

Era wrote:I wish we'd build more buildings inspired by the ancient times and such. "Everyone" thinks they're pretty, but no one seems to consider building newer things in the same style. It's all got to be futuristic and strange. :roll:

or worse: they tear down some awesome older places and put the FOTM up, then get sick of it 10 years down the road.
benebarba

Postby benebarba » Tue May 28, 2013 9:25 am

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/05/2 ... -it-Quits#

I think I know one person who may have thought this was real.
benebarba

Postby Nooska » Wed May 29, 2013 5:24 am

Igot an email from Build-a-bear workshop today, letting me know that MLP would be available from june 1st, in limited numbers. Hmm, I wonder whther its "little" girls or "big" boys that will be buying them the most.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Fenrìr » Wed May 29, 2013 6:13 am

http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/scie ... h/2002679/

I dunno what's more impressive...the distance it's at or how fast the signals still come back to Earth.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Wed May 29, 2013 6:42 am

Fenrìr wrote:http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/sciencefair/2013/03/20/voyager-one-heliosheath/2002679/

I dunno what's more impressive...the distance it's at or how fast the signals still come back to Earth.

Wait until it comes back looking for the creator.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak (Retired)
Klaudandus - BE Protection/Retribution Paladin, Feathermoon (Active)
Klaudandus

Postby bldavis » Wed May 29, 2013 9:46 pm

to all the RL out there

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby tlitp » Wed May 29, 2013 10:52 pm

The fact that many WoW players will point at MC, when inquired about Classic raiding, has amused me for years. But it gets so much juicier when an insider falls to the very same temptation. :P

Sure, MC (and ZG, later on) were iconic to Classic. In the same way that KZ was iconic to TBC. However, "iconic" doesn't necessarily correlate with "best examples of the raiding scene". Things heated up in t2+, respectively in t5+ (to be fair, pre-2.1 Gruul/Magtheridon too).

But hey, the whole Classic was _insert qualitative term here_ because there wasn't much going on in one of the very first raids to ever ship in WoW. Lemme wipe those tears of happiness.
tlitp

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu May 30, 2013 12:19 am

"Particularly in Molten Core" does not mean "only in Molten Core".
KysenMurrin

Postby Fenrìr » Thu May 30, 2013 12:58 am

Lol, Klaud, I said the same thing to my wife when I shared the story with her.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Thu May 30, 2013 11:27 am

Something stirred in the corner of my eye.. I looked up, and there was the blackest spec up against the sun, but it was coming closer, rapidly.. soon more appeared, many many more. I could hear the screeches (and odd ca-ching sounds) as they drew closer. Soon it was apparent that a new plague was upon us. One that would last for months.. I quickly sought refuge in an area where even these new bloodthirsty beasts could not take to the air, and fill the sky...

Armoured Bloodwing mount now available from the Blizz store for $25. Yikes. I'd only consider it at all if I played horde primarily, which I don't, and even then, $25 is a lot for pixels.

I wonder how many we'll see in the Vale tonight.. :lol:
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Worldie » Thu May 30, 2013 12:48 pm

I'd buy one but the blizzard store keeps failing on me -.-
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Chunes » Thu May 30, 2013 12:50 pm

Nice looking mount, but there's no prestige in paying 25 bucks for a fancy ride in WoW to me.

Ugly as it is, I'm farming mimiron's head because I think there's only a handful on my server. Contrast that to something like Ashes which literally every single person idling in dalaran has (thanks Xrealm).

For now though I'm just gonna keep rocking my anzu + drake of the something wind combo.
Chunes

Postby benebarba » Thu May 30, 2013 1:00 pm

Chunes wrote:Nice looking mount, but there's no prestige in paying 25 bucks for a fancy ride in WoW to me.

Ugly as it is, I'm farming mimiron's head because I think there's only a handful on my server. Contrast that to something like Ashes which literally every single person idling in dalaran has (thanks Xrealm).

For now though I'm just gonna keep rocking my anzu + drake of the something wind combo.

basic brown horse. It's like the hipster's mount. :P
benebarba

Postby Worldie » Thu May 30, 2013 1:06 pm

I adapt the mount to the character. That mount looks very hot for my warrior.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Chunes » Thu May 30, 2013 1:42 pm

benebarba wrote:
Chunes wrote:Nice looking mount, but there's no prestige in paying 25 bucks for a fancy ride in WoW to me.

basic brown horse. It's like the hipster's mount. :P

I lol'ed.

I should dust off my old skeletal warhorse on my priest :P
Chunes

Postby Era » Thu May 30, 2013 4:06 pm

"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Fenrìr » Fri May 31, 2013 10:18 pm

Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Jun 01, 2013 3:44 pm

---
Klaudandus

Postby Era » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:05 pm

Klaudandus wrote:This review of After Earth
http://www.startribune.com/entertainmen ... 17811.html

That was a good read. :')
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Jun 01, 2013 5:34 pm

Era wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:This review of After Earth
http://www.startribune.com/entertainmen ... 17811.html

That was a good read. :')

It's not the only review that viciously tears apart AE, and boy it does deserves it.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Worldie » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:41 am

Just ran into this old post:
http://www.sacredduty.net/2011/05/13/ki ... nd-profit/

Made my morning. Good morning btw!

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:38 am

I just, in LFR, got called names and a nerd and social inept for having told people "if you have no clue of where you go at durumu, follow my mark". Apparently I had a "condescending tone" and was behaving like a jerk.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Zalaria » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:14 am

Worldie wrote:Just ran into this old post:
http://www.sacredduty.net/2011/05/13/ki ... nd-profit/

Made my morning. Good morning btw!

I've been on Reddit too much. I was looking for the upvote button on this post.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Fenrìr » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:14 am

Careful, Worldie, you might cause LFR to break up too.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Sun Jun 02, 2013 4:25 am

Worldie wrote:I just, in LFR, got called names and a nerd and social inept for having told people "if you have no clue of where you go at durumu, follow my mark". Apparently I had a "condescending tone" and was behaving like a jerk.

the funniest part of this is basically every durumu run I've been in, someone asks for someone who knows where they are going to please mark themselves, or someone says the same thing... and far fewer folks die thanks to it.
benebarba

PreviousNext

Return to General