Remove Advertisements

Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Jabari » Wed May 22, 2013 1:03 am

Hey Halabar - you tried AoE-ing anything yet? *laugh*

Blink Strikes is dumb:

(LFR, the two bat-packs before Tortos. Pulled both at once. The #1 damage Pali was the guy tanking them all. Had to rez my pet during that as it drew aggro from EVERYTHING at one point. Did I mention that Blink Strikes + the Beast Cleave buff is dumb?)
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby benebarba » Wed May 22, 2013 3:38 am

Koatanga wrote:Demented and sad, but social.

Well played ;)
benebarba

Postby benebarba » Wed May 22, 2013 3:39 am

I seriously spent like 5 minutes at a target dummy after having my rotation feel super slow when I logged in after the patch. I swear I'd just played my pally too and things felt fine.

I blame my monk :P
benebarba

Postby benebarba » Wed May 22, 2013 3:56 am

Worldie wrote:
Flex wrote:
halabar wrote:And progression suffered as a result. Yep, got it. Can only tell people so many times to get out of the pools, and which slime to target.

Social raiding has never really been about progression...

If social raiding is not about progression why so many people QQ as soon as a boss can't be facerolled by social guilds?

KysenMurrin wrote:All raiding is about progression, except for the very top end of heroic raiding where progression is pretty much guaranteed and it's about the race.

not to dwell on it - but the first thing (the QQ) is unavoidable now. That said, I'm pretty sure blizzard doesn't mind a few tears until they have actual data of unintended roadblocks, or simply decide it's time to remove them (Elegon, Garalon). For the second: I think the emphasis on rate of progression is what differentiates groups. If you have a lot of people who'll bail and go to a faster guild because your social guild isn't progressing fast enough for their tastes, I wouldn't call them social raiders.

That said, I think at some point you can only tune content so much. If a very large percentage of your group can't grasp the fundamental mechanics of a fight even with a few weeks (and presumably a number of attempts each night) of trying, I'd argue that is a strong indicator that your group isn't ready to raid at that level, and if that level is the lowest, then they aren't ready to raid. And frankly, that's gotta happen at some point... there's just too many people in this game for everything to be for everybody.

The idea of having a lower tuned 10 man, but allowing up to 15 people could be a possible solution (should still drop the same amount of loot as a 10 man though, IMO), but I feel like if you do it with 10+ in your group, you should get LFR-level drops (or maybe 1/4 upgraded LFR), while if you do it with 10 or less you should get 2/4 upgraded LFR, just so this doesn't become more widely used as a 'AFK for upgrades' method.
benebarba

Postby Worldie » Wed May 22, 2013 4:42 am

Speaking about amusements:

Tonight I had a dream, where I was in a soccer field, then I clicked a corner flag, and I learned triple specialization.

When I woke up I was like "dafuq did I just dream?"
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Zalaria » Wed May 22, 2013 5:26 am

Worldie wrote:Speaking about amusements:

Tonight I had a dream, where I was in a soccer field, then I clicked a corner flag, and I learned triple specialization.

Wasn't there a datamined triple spec on the 5.3 ptr at some point? Maybe it made it in, and the only way to get it is to click a flag on that game field in the Goblin starting area. And you must have dual spec already.

Yes, I know it's impossible. That's the point.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Wed May 22, 2013 6:06 am

So you dreamt you could play both offence, defence and keeper? :wink:
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Nikachelle » Wed May 22, 2013 6:34 am

Koatanga wrote:
Amirya wrote:
Worldie wrote:Hell they are convinced LFR is a social tool even though I've never seen something less social than that in WoW.

QFT

Well, in LFR people bitch at one another, whereas in LFG not a single word is said the entire time.

I'm one of those weirdos that at least makes a point to say hi when I start a dungeon.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed May 22, 2013 6:38 am

That's the social side of LFG: "Hi" at the start, "thanks" at the end. ;)
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Wed May 22, 2013 6:46 am

I occasionally compliment with people if their performance is particularly good or if their transmog is interesting!

Era wrote:

So you dreamt you could play both offence, defence and keeper? :wink:

No, in the dream I was clearly my gnome priest and specced my third spec Holy after this.

No clue wtf my gnome was doing in a soccer field with real people.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Nikachelle » Wed May 22, 2013 6:50 am

Worldie wrote:No clue wtf my gnome was doing in a soccer field with real people.

Your gnome was the ball.

:D
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Maverick13 » Wed May 22, 2013 6:50 am

Playing Football ??
Maverick13

Postby halabar » Wed May 22, 2013 7:34 am

Jabari wrote:Hey Halabar - you tried AoE-ing anything yet? *laugh*

Blink Strikes is dumb:

(LFR, the two bat-packs before Tortos. Pulled both at once. The #1 damage Pali was the guy tanking them all. Had to rez my pet during that as it drew aggro from EVERYTHING at one point. Did I mention that Blink Strikes + the Beast Cleave buff is dumb?)

Those numbers, while big, don't look any bigger than SV AOE-fest, so hopefully big numbers will stay. Those numbers also still aren't bigger than ele shammy AOE-fest either.

I know, it's just hard for a BMer to consider the possibility of doing good AOE.. :D

I haven't tried the AOE yet, I was testing my normal rotation with the changes.

Side note.. hunters need to click off the AoTH buff, and reapply it, to get the buff. I did one whole LFR wing before I realized that I still had the old version of the buff up.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Jabari » Wed May 22, 2013 8:18 am

halabar wrote:I know, it's just hard for a BMer to consider the possibility of doing good AOE.. :D

Good... AoE? Huh? What is this language you're speaking?

I dunno - I've seen good numbers from SV and ELE on those before, but nothing near that. Only thing I've ever seen pull 300k+ on those packs are Pali and Monk tanks. *shrug*

Dumb Aside: I need a name for the Pink Flamingo. I'm awful with names and usually just use the in-game ones. Was using the purple flamingo before ("Torranche"), but now I actually have stable space again and can have both colors. The pink one is just "Deviate Plainstrider" or somesuch though so I have to come up with something else for it. :(

Dumb Amusement: Stampede-ing with 5 differently-colored Tallstriders, just for the lulz. Could also do that with all four Portents (Pocket Stone Guards!)
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby benebarba » Wed May 22, 2013 8:21 am

Jabari wrote:
halabar wrote:I know, it's just hard for a BMer to consider the possibility of doing good AOE.. :D

Good... AoE? Huh? What is this language you're speaking?

I dunno - I've seen good numbers from SV and ELE on those before, but nothing near that. Only thing I've ever seen pull 300k+ on those packs are Pali and Monk tanks. *shrug*

Dumb Aside: I need a name for the Pink Flamingo. I'm awful with names and usually just use the in-game ones. Was using the purple flamingo before ("Torranche"), but now I actually have stable space again and can have both colors. The pink one is just "Deviate Plainstrider" or somesuch though so I have to come up with something else for it. :(

Dumb Amusement: Stampede-ing with 5 differently-colored Tallstriders, just for the lulz. Could also do that with all four Portents (Pocket Stone Guards!)

pink flamingo = Floyd.
benebarba

PreviousNext

Return to General