Remove Advertisements

Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby benebarba » Mon May 13, 2013 2:42 pm

Chunes wrote:
I saw that yesterday and got strangely emotional in the middle of it.

That guy is such a fucking badass..

in the story, there's a link to an article putting forward that this was just another example of how Cmdr Hadfield made folks care about what astronauts did again.
benebarba

Postby Darielle » Mon May 13, 2013 4:34 pm

Klaudandus wrote:The false memory of Wow's difficult past

I think I said it before here that its reaching a point where your short term memory is incapable of knowing everything related to a boss fight these days, specially if you're the raid leader that tells everyone about the fight.

The comparison is also extremely faulty.

Difficulty and even complexity doesn't purely have to deal with numbers of mechanics. An obvious one to point at is Dark Animus. 50% of the DJ is irrelevant. You spend the first minute or so waiting for things to actually happen, then you burn the boss and have a maybe tank swap. But even Horridon follows the same pattern - every door has a void zone, an add with a debuff, a big add, little adds. The fact that one is green and has a different name instead of the other one being blue with a different name ... not particulary important.

This is especially true for mechanics you cannot ignore. Back in the day, on something like Garr, or on Geddon, or on Vael, the mechanics that existed were basically unignorable. Nowadays, you can frequently ignore a couple or just heal through it or stuff like that, and on Normal mode entirely screw up and still manage to react to deal with it. I think that guy has some interestingly tinted glasses just as much as the people he's directing his points to.

He talks about how original 4h was easier to explain compared to some fights now, but that's a very subjective call that really depends on if your attempt to "explain" has to do with trying to read off the Dungeon Journal, or if your attempt to explain efficiently summarises activities for people.
Darielle

Postby Amirya » Tue May 14, 2013 11:18 am

I'm friendly with the cashier at our work cafeteria. Didn't eat breakfast this morning, mostly because I was feeling queasy. She asked me if I was pregnant. "If I am, there's going to be a lawsuit somewhere!" :lol:
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Tue May 14, 2013 3:55 pm

The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Tue May 14, 2013 4:25 pm

Klaudandus wrote:http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/this-is-the-most-epic-brand-meltdown-on-facebook-ever

I watched that episode last week and I was in shock the whole episode. Truly two of the worst people I've ever seen on TV.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Era » Tue May 14, 2013 4:56 pm

Amirya wrote:I'm friendly with the cashier at our work cafeteria. Didn't eat breakfast this morning, mostly because I was feeling queasy. She asked me if I was pregnant. "If I am, there's going to be a lawsuit somewhere!" :lol:

I quite often feel queasy in the morning, though as a guy I don't really worry much about it. :roll:
Of course, one never knows...

Klaudandus wrote:http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/this-is-the-most-epic-brand-meltdown-on-facebook-ever

Just read that myself! :lol: Been a while since I've seen a meltdown like that. Might have to go watch the episode!
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Fetzie » Tue May 14, 2013 5:10 pm

I'm friendly with the cashier at our work cafeteria. Didn't eat breakfast this morning, mostly because I was feeling queasy. She asked me if I was pregnant. "If I am, there's going to be a lawsuit somewhere!" :lol:

I can't eat anything within an hour of getting up without feeling ill.
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Amirya » Tue May 14, 2013 9:34 pm

As she didn't know, I wound up explaining to her that my uterus was removed 2 years ago, so I physically am incapable of being pregnant. Her expression was hilarious.

New one tonight: In LFR MSV, I wind up as the top healer on Feng (on my shaman). They start trash pulls, I am rezzing the idiots who die to the explosions on Feng. Then the other healers start talking about a tank who outheals a shaman healer. I'm not sure who they're talking about, as both DK tanks are ranked below all three shamans.

"Celulii, are you healing at all?"

What?

After Gara'jal, I'm #2, 0.3% behind the disc priest, but because of the spirit world stuff, I usually don't bother with that.

I'm not entirely sure if that was sarcasm, or if it was a true LFRetard moment. I was #1 on both Stone Guard and Feng, but didn't really bother with trash healing.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Wed May 15, 2013 1:17 am

Fetzie wrote:I can't eat anything within an hour of getting up without feeling ill.

I have that too! Only times I can eat soon after getting up is if I've slept really long (as a student, really long == reaaaally long, like past noon :roll: ).
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby lythac » Wed May 15, 2013 1:34 am

Era wrote:

Just read that myself! :lol: Been a while since I've seen a meltdown like that. Might have to go watch the episode!

Guys, guys, relax it wasn't them -

Facebook page wrote:Obviously our Facebook, YELP, Twitter and Website have been hacked. We are working with the local authorities as well as the FBI computer crimes unit to ensure this does not happen again. We did not post those horrible things. Thank You Amy &Samy

Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Nooska » Wed May 15, 2013 2:42 am

Of coruse it wasn't *tinfoilhat*
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Klaudandus » Wed May 15, 2013 5:45 am

---
Klaudandus

Postby Fetzie » Wed May 15, 2013 6:00 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/1 ... ostpopular

Apparently this guy went through every thrift shop he could, bought all the Abercrombie and Fitch clothes and gave them to homeless people as a reaction to that "we only want cool people wearing our clothes" comment.

Fetzie

Postby Klaudandus » Wed May 15, 2013 6:40 am

Something that happened at work: You don't call the superintendent dumbass when you have him as your facebook friend.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Sagara » Thu May 16, 2013 3:39 am

Years down the line, I realized that Artha's plan for WotLK was actually a re-tread of the exact same plan Mal'Ganis used on him.

* Throw a plague in our face (failed)
* Taunt us to come after him (success)
* Cut off our supply lines (failed)
* Force us to his side (failed BIG TIME)

When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to General