Remove Advertisements

Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Worldie » Mon May 06, 2013 10:42 am

Hearing what happened to our guild, some guys from Kebab decided to sympathize with us and made this post on the forums:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7426593250
It was worth a smile in this disastrous moment. Faith in humanity is a bit higher now.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Amirya » Mon May 06, 2013 11:23 am

Worldie wrote:By "threat problems" you should mean "we did so much threat that warriors and druids couldnt remotely hold aggro off us provided we had the mana for it" :D

Oh man, I fondly remember that. First Karazhan run, the warrior tank is telling me he'll take Attumen off to the side while I tank the horse.

Attumen liked me better. :D

"Wow, Ami, I've never seen anyone tank them both at the same time!"

Apparently, everyone else in the other runs had to separate them or the OT would go splat pretty quick. Whereas in his case, he wound up just sword & boarding DPS for that.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Chunes » Mon May 06, 2013 11:35 am

Apparently I either had a fucking monster of a warrior MT in my bc guild, or I was just really bad at the game

:S
Chunes

Postby Worldie » Mon May 06, 2013 11:56 am

Everyone could be a monster tank in TBC if he got all the misdirects.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby benebarba » Mon May 06, 2013 1:18 pm

World of Gnomecraft 2.0
Because if gnomes could be pallies, I'd racechange in a heartbeat.

(somehow I'd never seen this before).
benebarba

Postby Arnock » Mon May 06, 2013 3:11 pm

So, Disney has given EA the exclusive rights to publish future Star Wars titles.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Darielle » Mon May 06, 2013 3:55 pm

But the difference between paladin tanks and other tanks was even greater when looking at the murlocs (it was murlocs, wasn't it?) - hence "paladin tanks the adds" (well combined with our RL having switched to a druid tank shortly before we got that far in SSC, having been geared in our alt runs in Kara, and him wanting to lead while tanking as it was "easier" (I think it was).)

~ Add tankin came down to pickup. If the Warrior tank didn't suck, he could pick up adds. There were even guilds where a Holy Pally was the one who did the Murloc pickup.
Whereas Tidewalker tanking was a careful consideration of burst. Warriors could be Crushed since whatsisname ate through Shield Block, Bears furred their way past Crushes, we could take out Crushes entirely.
Darielle

Postby Fetzie » Mon May 06, 2013 5:30 pm

We had a holy paladin with Righteous Fury stand in the spot where the murlocs were tanked.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Andurin » Mon May 06, 2013 11:29 pm

Amirya wrote:
Worldie wrote:By "threat problems" you should mean "we did so much threat that warriors and druids couldnt remotely hold aggro off us provided we had the mana for it" :D

Oh man, I fondly remember that. First Karazhan run, the warrior tank is telling me he'll take Attumen off to the side while I tank the horse.

Attumen liked me better. :D

"Wow, Ami, I've never seen anyone tank them both at the same time!"

Apparently, everyone else in the other runs had to separate them or the OT would go splat pretty quick. Whereas in his case, he wound up just sword & boarding DPS for that.

We had something like that on Moroes when I first got along on my paladin tank. 8 people where against the idea of me running in, tanking all the adds and the warrior to pick up the boss. Only the Warrior tank tought it would be funny :D And after the ninjapull the warrior made then, we never switched back to the normal "cc them all" tactic ^^
Andurin

Postby Nooska » Tue May 07, 2013 1:28 am

Darielle wrote:
But the difference between paladin tanks and other tanks was even greater when looking at the murlocs (it was murlocs, wasn't it?) - hence "paladin tanks the adds" (well combined with our RL having switched to a druid tank shortly before we got that far in SSC, having been geared in our alt runs in Kara, and him wanting to lead while tanking as it was "easier" (I think it was).)

~ Add tankin came down to pickup. If the Warrior tank didn't suck, he could pick up adds. There were even guilds where a Holy Pally was the one who did the Murloc pickup.
Whereas Tidewalker tanking was a careful consideration of burst. Warriors could be Crushed since whatsisname ate through Shield Block, Bears furred their way past Crushes, we could take out Crushes entirely.

We tried that - our holy paladin went splat too often.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Worldie » Tue May 07, 2013 4:34 am

It was the times when Demo shout actually generated threat.

Still, hardly the optimal way.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Zalaria » Tue May 07, 2013 5:34 am

I wanted to tank so bad in BC, but the guild I was in (mostly RL friends, but the guild leaders weren't) was anti-paladin-tank for some reason. Went almost all the way through BC with warrior and druid as the tanks, including Hyjal. I'm still not sure how the warrior managed to get threat on everything in there, but he did it.

They knew I wanted to tank, so I got the consolation prize of leftover tank gear after the dps warrior got his. Still ended up pretty well geared; we got a lot of tank gear.

Wasn't til Sunwell that I got to tank, and it ended up with me swapping prot/holy after almost every fight. That was annoying. Went elsewhere shortly after Wrath hit and main tanked all of Wrath and Cata.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Tue May 07, 2013 7:27 am

Just heard about Spectator mode for pet battles.

We put a game inside our game, so that you can login to our game and watch someone play a game.

He's proud right now.
Shoju

Postby Worldie » Tue May 07, 2013 7:39 am

Just amazing they can put Spectator mode for pet battles, yet they still can't for Arenas which would be way more interesting to watch.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby benebarba » Tue May 07, 2013 7:44 am

Shoju wrote:Just heard about Spectator mode for pet battles.

wait... what? I mean, hey, cool new features are cool and all... but that seems like an odd place to start. Unless, perhaps it's an easier test environment for something to be rolled out in a bigger context?

I guess this is where I have to ask Barathorn if I can share some of the porch.
benebarba

PreviousNext

Return to General