Remove Advertisements

Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Arnock » Fri May 03, 2013 2:42 pm

Well, I was main tank for my guild for awhile back in TBC.

Granted, we never went much past Kara/ZA, but it was fun.
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Chunes » Fri May 03, 2013 3:37 pm

Yeah. I tanked just about everything that didn't require a gimmick.

Gruul I just sort of sat there hitting the thing while our war and druid did their thing. RoS in BT pretty much required a warrior tank for spell reflect in P2 I think. One of the bosses in hyjal with the periodic silence hurt my feelings.

But it was all ok when we got to illidan and I was like "Shear? I'm a pally. Combat table coverage, I got dat."
Chunes

Postby bldavis » Fri May 03, 2013 4:51 pm

i started playing just before wrath, and joined here when i was just starting to level my paladin, who was my first tank
i now have all 5 tanking classes, with 3 90 tanks (my 90 druid is kitty/heals)
back when i first joined MTadin, i barely knew how to play, and compared to some (most) of the posters here i still suck...:D

honestly, i have to say i dont agree wrath as a whole was the best...parts were awesome but others werent so good
personally i hated leveling a new tank because it was annoying getting to 535 def just to do heroics and not be squishy

honestly i think i would have quit if i had started playing during BC though, based on my first 2 80s being my hunter and paladin

i also didnt realize i joined MTadin before someone i remember seeing on here for ages...Bene! :shock:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Worldie » Fri May 03, 2013 9:49 pm

Chunes wrote:we had threat problems

By "threat problems" you should mean "we did so much threat that warriors and druids couldnt remotely hold aggro off us provided we had the mana for it" :D

I was one of the very first Paladins progression tanks, I believe I was the third to progression tank Illidan and one of the first handful to successfully tank Brutallus (see guides in the Archive :mrgreen: ). What really sold me convincing our GM to let me take the Main Tank role when our warrior tank quitted shortly after Sunwell release, was the fact that all of our DPS team was excited to be able to go all out without having to watch KTM (who remembers it??), while with our warriors (which were quite good even) they had to use threat dumps, misdirects and what not all the time to not overaggro.

Memorial image from the good old time to give a idea of what I mean by "insane TPS".

DafuqshituiIhad?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Fri May 03, 2013 10:32 pm

holy shit....that is...wow

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Worldie » Fri May 03, 2013 10:46 pm

Bare in mind the top DPS in my group were all pushing over 2k DPS in Sunwell.

And that's nothing, in farm runs I even had started using SP flasks and SP pots ^_^ Also being the MT also allowed me to stack my group with caster buffs ... :D

I should have some pictures of Brutallus somewhere...
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Fri May 03, 2013 10:58 pm

yeah..now i know i wouldnt have lasted if i started a year earlier

bldavis

Postby Worldie » Fri May 03, 2013 11:24 pm

Hehe for reference and showoff, I found a picture of a farm run... check the TPS :) You can tell I'm in spelldamage gear since with both commanding shout and blood pact I have barely 21k HP :)

p.s. dont misunderstand the "FAP" macro, it means Free Action Potion XD Hyjal tankers will remind them :)

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Sat May 04, 2013 3:55 am

Yeah, I remember coasting at 129% of our tank's threat (warrior) in T5 and T6 content (and having to hold back.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Anub'arak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Fenrìr » Sat May 04, 2013 6:11 am

Ah the joys of that fight for trials. Always made or broke them, lol.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Darielle » Sat May 04, 2013 11:20 pm

My amusement of the day; you still consider yourself fairly new around here, and are all the way back from wrath - the first expansion where a paladin tank was more than higghly situational (I remember having a paladintank i tbc who's sole job was grabbing the .. murlocs?.. on the giant in SSC and then being the aggro target for waves in MH, while we "proper tanks" (druids) tanked the bosses or wen't dps on the go when not tanking)

Hilariously, we were pretty much the best theoretical tank for Tidewalker himself, more so than Warriors and Druids.
Darielle

Postby benebarba » Sun May 05, 2013 4:01 pm

I've now found myself in 3 guilds (ended up joining the guild I raided with last tier with one of my alts, may do a toon shuffle to bring my main in there if we start raiding again)... says the guy who back in dragon soul was worried about leaving his friends and family guild :P
benebarba

Postby benebarba » Mon May 06, 2013 6:42 am

A Know Your Lore that addresses a question I've had in my head since the first time I went into Sunwell: http://wow.joystiq.com/2013/05/05/know- ... #continued
benebarba

Postby Nooska » Mon May 06, 2013 7:41 am

Darielle wrote:
My amusement of the day; you still consider yourself fairly new around here, and are all the way back from wrath - the first expansion where a paladin tank was more than higghly situational (I remember having a paladintank i tbc who's sole job was grabbing the .. murlocs?.. on the giant in SSC and then being the aggro target for waves in MH, while we "proper tanks" (druids) tanked the bosses or wen't dps on the go when not tanking)

Hilariously, we were pretty much the best theoretical tank for Tidewalker himself, more so than Warriors and Druids.

But the difference between paladin tanks and other tanks was even greater when looking at the murlocs (it was murlocs, wasn't it?) - hence "paladin tanks the adds" (well combined with our RL having switched to a druid tank shortly before we got that far in SSC, having been geared in our alt runs in Kara, and him wanting to lead while tanking as it was "easier" (I think it was).)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Chunes » Mon May 06, 2013 7:48 am

Worldie wrote:By "threat problems" you should mean "we did so much threat that warriors and druids couldnt remotely hold aggro off us provided we had the mana for it" :D

Should have specified at low levels.

Trying to get full CTC and still have enough spell power (fucking spell power, lol) to be competitive with warriors/druids who didn't have to worry as much about that was tough.

I remember not having issues once I was about halfway through T5. T6 and beyond, you're right, it was no longer a problem.
Chunes

PreviousNext

Return to General