Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby bldavis » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:57 pm

ill admit doing the same dungeons over and over sucks
which is why at 66-67 i normally do the ring of blood quests, the hemit quests, or just go exploring and gathering :)

if your lock was horde id offer to tank for you on my pally but alas /sigh

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby benebarba » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:03 am

halabar wrote:So, leveling the gnomewarlockproject last night...

Get into a group that has a tank and healer from the Kel'Thuwhatever server. Tank is chain-pulling, healer only heals him, I die and they keep on moving, ask for a rez (It's steamvaults, so it's a long run) but they keep on going. When it's clear they aren't going to stop, I run back, meanwhile the other two dps are dead as well, and they are still going. So at this point I just tag along, far enough back that I get xp but I'm not in aggro range. They notice, and start dragging bosses to me. Soulstone ftw. We complete the dungeon that way, meanwhile they continue to make comments "they asked for a rez, that isn't in my spellbook, perhaps they meant a res?... " and so on.

Is the rest of that server like that?.. They really are full of themselves.

But at least they cleared the dungeon for me, :lol:

Aside from 'trolls be trollin, mon', I don't understand why they wouldn't just 2 man them by running in, since they'd also get all the loot that way.

Heck, I'm having a blast soloing stuff.
benebarba

Postby econ21 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:45 am

benebarba wrote:Aside from 'trolls be trollin, mon', I don't understand why they wouldn't just 2 man them by running in, since they'd also get all the loot that way.

Because travelling to instance entrances takes effort, just like healing people other than yourself and your pet tank.

It's rare, but still distressing when people in random groups behave like complete jerks. However, the vote kick mechanism does provide some social sanction. The three dead dps could have kicked the trolling healer and tank. The social norms in WoW are actually quite strong and often you'll find people agree on what behaviour can be characterised as that of a complete jerk[1]. It's when you are the minority in a group of 3 or 4 from the same guild that you have be careful. Even then, your ignore list can provide protection against being subject to the same trolls again.

[1]A loud mouthed shaman kept pulling in a Stratholme PuG, refusing to follow the group in clearing out some bosses - that had to be cleared to get to the end - and comically dying/rezzing when left to his own devices. At one point, the healer asked people to wait and the shaman piped up "Why? Are you trying to kick me?" The healer said wearily "If only...". That got me thinking, so I instigated a vote kick - reason for vote kick: "If only...".
econ21

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:56 am

When people are behaving like that they'll almost certainly be making sure never to leave combat long enough for a vote kick.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby benebarba » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:08 am

KysenMurrin wrote:When people are behaving like that they'll almost certainly be making sure never to leave combat long enough for a vote kick.

This. Usually, in my experience anyway, folks who are trolling and know they are likely to be kicked will do this. Folks who are just poor players will often have some pauses.
benebarba

Postby halabar » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:41 am

I've also seen a tank and healer team with one dps to kick the other two dps, so more xp could be gained. Works pretty well considering the amount of damage a good tank does in a leveling 5-man.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Amirya » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:19 am

bldavis wrote:ill admit doing the same dungeons over and over sucks

Temple of the Jade Serpent.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:31 am

Amirya wrote:
bldavis wrote:ill admit doing the same dungeons over and over sucks

Temple of the Jade Serpent.

Gonna level my lock from 85-90 through AV. Never want to see Shadow-Pan Monastery again.

halabar

Postby Flex » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:43 am

We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:50 am

Piracy is a gray area. I do get some content thru dubious means, including comics and shows, but I end up buying them later on unless I totally dont like the show.

Sherlock BBC? torrented, but now own the Blu-Ray
GoT? same.
Transformers comics? Get them online, then buy the trade paperbacks.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:00 pm

Piracy is one of the few things in life where there is no grey area.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:04 pm

I dunno, without it I'd have missed several series... series I later support by buying the actual product.

I know I'm not the only one. Even the guy that owns the local comic shop is of the same idea. Go figure.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Chunes » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:09 pm

I haven't straight up pirated anything in a very long while. Hell, I just ponied up the 130 or so for a legit copy of Office 2013 and I couldn't be happier.

Anymore these days, a combination of having ample disposable income and an extreme aversion to the amount of work it takes to acquire illicit digital stuffs just makes it so if I want something, I buy it through legit channels.

I've been buying games ever since steam made it so stupidly easy and cheap to do so. Only recently though did I begin buying software and music.

If you like something, support the people who made it. If you can't afford to do so, maybe you should budget your funds better?
Chunes

Postby halabar » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:34 pm

Flex wrote:

Piracy is one of the few things in life where there is no grey area.

It's grey when it's not enforced, or there is no legal avenue to view/acquire. My wife watches a ton of Thai TV that's all uploaded to YouTube. Apparently the producers don't care, because she's never seen it taken down yet. And while we subscribe to Crunchyroll, there are other anime that she watches through other sites (or YouTube) because they aren't available someplace else (especially Thai dubbed).

Now sites that have unauthorized manga online, that would certainly cross the line, since you can find shops here that carry most of them.

Meanwhile... the UK is legalizing the theft of images. http://petapixel.com/2013/04/29/uk-passes-controversial-copyright-act-may-yield-a-firestorm-of-litigation/ What this means is that if an image doesn't come up in a Google image search with a definite creative source, it can be stolen by the big image libraries (Getty, etc) and resold.

So, the corporate entities can steal, but we can't?.. :wink:

halabar

Postby Flex » Mon Apr 29, 2013 12:38 pm

halabar wrote:It's grey when it's not enforced, or there is no legal avenue to view/acquire.

Neither of those makes it grey, in fact the second one is close to about as far away from grey as one can get.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to General