Remove Advertisements

Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Fetzie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:49 am

Nooska wrote:I like the talking about stuff setting even ie on fire, and then the next part being a cloud that dissolves human tissue (I would guess all organic tissue really) - I see a horror film coming up with a sentient Hydrogen Fluoride cloud.

Isn't there already a Stephen King movie/novel based on the same kind of thing?
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Sagara » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:03 am

It's not a gas per se, but Dr Who's Vashta Nerada says "hi".
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:23 am

Today in HoF2 LFR...
Me and my co tank (prot war and prot pala with both 500 ilvl) kept dieing on Wind Lord...
We got told we are terrible by several people... because he wasn't gemming defense... and I wasn't avoidance capped...

*confused*
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:26 am

Sagara wrote:It's not a gas per se, but Dr Who's Vashta Nerada says "hi".

When my Dad was at University, he had some friends studying Geology. Apparently their professor's finger tips had lost all sense of touch from the HF used to dissolve the quartz away from fossils and other minerals.

HF is really, really nasty stuff.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby bldavis » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:28 am

Worldie wrote:Today in HoF2 LFR...
Me and my co tank (prot war and prot pala with both 500 ilvl) kept dieing on Wind Lord...
We got told we are terrible by several people... because he wasn't gemming defense... and I wasn't avoidance capped...

*confused*

/snigger

and maybe bene...you are just that good looking?

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:30 am

*confused*

Was uh... this a private server stuck in Wrath? Although you did say HoF and LFR....
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:43 am

were the healers having issues without MP5 as well?

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby benebarba » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:44 am

bldavis wrote:

*confused*

/snigger

"UR BAD! U NO GEM DEFENSE!"

"uh, that was removed from the game like 2 1/2 years ago."

"U STILL BAD!"

I got a 'WTF, Mate?' from a healer on the champions of the thunder king group quest after I died to a botched pull on the first try. Said healer, and the hunter who also complained, couldn't stay alive for the remaining 2 bosses. Good times. That quest may be getting skipped unless I have a premade... reports are not good on PUG groups.

bldavis wrote:and maybe bene...you are just that good looking?

This is what my wife said too. She then declared herself totally unbiased :P

edited because I realized I actually posted a pic of myself here a while back:
I did kinda look like this first picture (except the black jacket was a light outoor jacket and I was wearing wire-rimmed safety glasses), so not your usual Home Depot walk-in: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=6334&p=726105#p726105
benebarba

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:05 am

bldavis wrote:were the healers having issues without MP5 as well?

The healers couldnt keep us up on Wind Lord (despite him being solotanking it since when he had 470 ilvl).

When I checked the meters... I just couldnt facepalm enough.
Essentially had 2 healers below my paladin friend in healing done, and like 6 dps below 50k dps.

I just realized what sort of raid we got in and we both left.

Just for note, the 2 tanks:
Not avoidance capped warrior:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/D ... 9/advanced
Not defense capped paladin:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... l/advanced
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:17 am

heh, just had a shaman tell a hunter to take his pet off of aggressive.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Jabari » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:37 am

Killed Oondasta (sp?) for the first time yesterday. There was a full 40-man group, and then about 10 of us in a second group.

First try: I'm sitting there dead (yay 2 minute respawn timer), Oondasta's about dead, and then it suddenly despawns. Don't think that we had wiped (but not entirely sure).

It had, literally, 300k HP left.

It's an amusement instead of a frustration because we got him fine when he came back up, and because /1 chat was pretty epic. :lol:
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:59 am

Someone evaded him.

Also, from another LFR today, the standard "meter please!" guy. Why amusement? He was n17, basically only above healers (and actually below one healer).

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby bldavis » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:01 am

Worldie wrote:Not defense capped paladin:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/d ... l/advanced

omg what a failadin wtf with the empty sock....oh hey there worldie :?

i might need to post a new pic in the IRL pikturz thread (dam you lev for naming it that way)

oh and re-discovered Mnozil Brass..had heard of them before but couldnt remember what they were called!

bldavis

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:14 am

The new Vol'jin, co-starring Chen Stormstout.

Why do I get the hunch the alliance will be complaining about Horde taking all the spotlight.

If the Horde/Thrall is good, then its MarySue-ish (and it is) and "OMG, Horde is taking the spotlight"

If the Horde/Garrosh is bad, then its "Horde is taking the spotlight yet again"

If there was a plan to kill Varian, people would be like "OMG, Blizz hates Alliance by killing Varian and have the Horde in a bigger power position"

Heck, people complained about Bolvar cuz Dranosh was kind of a nobody for the Horde, so they didn't lose anyone of real importance (though Blizz mentioned that had him not died, Thrall would have chosen him over Garrosh for leader)
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby benebarba » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:19 am

Klaudandus wrote:The new Vol'jin, co-starring Chen Stormstout.

Why do I get the hunch the alliance will be complaining about Horde taking all the spotlight.

If the Horde/Thrall is good, then its MarySue-ish (and it is) and "OMG, Horde is taking the spotlight"

If the Horde/Garrosh is bad, then its "Horde is taking the spotlight yet again"

If there was a plan to kill Varian, people would be like "OMG, Blizz hates Alliance by killing Varian and have the Horde in a bigger power position"

Heck, people complained about Bolvar cuz Dranosh was kind of a nobody for the Horde, so they didn't lose anyone of real importance (though Blizz mentioned that had him not died, Thrall would have chosen him over Garrosh for leader)

Might just be anecdote, but seemed like it wasn't the horde getting the spotlight that got people up in arms, but rather *Thrall* getting the spotlight and having some of the old world changes come across as meh ally side (and having both sides 'win' a battle in some zones was just plain wierd).

But yes, wow players will complain. News at 11.
benebarba

PreviousNext

Return to General