Remove Advertisements

Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Sagara » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:25 am

Nikachelle wrote:LOL! My raid group's running joke this past weekend (since about half my raid group is from MT) was that we're part of 'the elite "real raiders"' from that "What's up with T15" thread. Oh man - many lols were had.

*check's Nika's profile out of curiousity*
WTH? oO I'm a bit ahead of Nika, one of the first posters I was "wow, this one is a badass" at. I'm gonna have and give the new guild a hug! I was always soooooo late :(
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby Flex » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:54 am

Someone at Blizzard is getting fired.

Gameloft develops a lot of mobile games. Their basic method is to rip off other franchises and call it a day. They have ripped off LoL, Starcraft, Call of Duty, Diablo, Saints Row, Grand Theft Auto and WoW.

Well last Thursday they released a CCG for their WoW ripoff a day before the Hearthstone announcement.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:57 am

Flex wrote:Someone at Blizzard is getting fired.

Gameloft develops a lot of mobile games. Their basic method is to rip off other franchises and call it a day. They have ripped off LoL, Starcraft, Call of Duty, Diablo, Saints Row, Grand Theft Auto and WoW.

Well last Thursday they released a CCG for their WoW ripoff a day before the Hearthstone announcement.

http://kotaku.com/5991935/gamelofts-wor ... Socialflow <-- this one?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:59 am

Klaudandus wrote:
Flex wrote:Someone at Blizzard is getting fired.

http://kotaku.com/5991935/gamelofts-wor ... Socialflow <-- this one?

That's the one.

I wish Gameloft wasn't so scummy with their game inspirations. They do fantastic work for the mobile platforms, you just end up feeling dirty when you play them.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Flex » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:31 pm

Lulu Lemon's method to see if your yoga pants are too shear and eligible for the refund is for you to put them on and bend over and if they can see your lady junk you get the refund.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:24 pm

Flex wrote:Lulu Lemon's method to see if your yoga pants are too shear and eligible for the refund is for you to put them on and bend over and if they can see your lady junk you get the refund.

So I heard on NPR's wait wait don't tell me
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Newsom » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:07 pm

30.18% haste unbuffed. xD
Newsom NewsSpoonFrangoNewsy
Newsom

Postby Shoju » Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:03 am

This week's Episode of Justified was full of great lines. At one point, Main Character Marshall walks into bar, and armed thug meets him, brandishing a gun.

After they set the tone, that he's "protecting the bar" Mr. Givens (the Marshall) asks him to call his boss.
To which thug replies: "Why don't you kiss my dimpled ass!?"
To which he gets slugged in the gut, and the best line: "I don't see how that invitation has anything to do with my request"

I giggled. A lot.

EDIT:
Another amusement from the show.

The great Walton Goggins as Boyd Crowder is talking to a detroit mafia guy, in his "Boyd way" (You'd have to hear it, to understand), and the Mafia guy interrupts him and says "I'm going to need Google Translate on my phone if I'm going to keep talking to you."

I'm sure just myself and Lieris will see the humor, but it's ok. We get it :)
Shoju

Postby Shoju » Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:03 am

People and Free Shipping.

I sell some oddball stuff on ebay for work, that is light, and cheap. We sell flimsy flags, and for a while they were $6.98 + Shipping.

You could choose First Class (normally ~$2.00)
Priority ($5.00)
UPS (Stupidly expensive)

The option was there, for you to buy the flag, and have it shipped for $8.98.

The problem? We weren't selling them. So I tried something. I upped the price 3 bucks, making the flag $9.98, and removed the shipping options. Now, it's $9.98 with Free Shipping.

I sell more now than I ever did before, AND I'm making an extra buck a piece (sometimes more, depending on where they live).

I don't get people. But then, I also take things we sell in our store for next to nothing, and list it online for more.

Headlights? $1 in the store. We have 100's. Ebay? $4.98. I sell more on Ebay than we do int he store.
Bicycle seats? $2.50 in the store? Again, 100's. Ebay? $9.98. Again, I sell more.
Antique Master Locks, in boxes. These were so old, that they were more valuable as antiques than functioning items. In store? $2.98. On eBay? $12.99.

Blows my mind. But I love it. If people could see the store I work in, they would be blown away at the craziness that is this place.
Shoju

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:58 pm

I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby benebarba » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:06 pm

Shoju wrote:People and Free Shipping.

I sell some oddball stuff on ebay for work, that is light, and cheap. We sell flimsy flags, and for a while they were $6.98 + Shipping.

You could choose First Class (normally ~$2.00)
Priority ($5.00)
UPS (Stupidly expensive)

The option was there, for you to buy the flag, and have it shipped for $8.98.

The problem? We weren't selling them. So I tried something. I upped the price 3 bucks, making the flag $9.98, and removed the shipping options. Now, it's $9.98 with Free Shipping.

I sell more now than I ever did before, AND I'm making an extra buck a piece (sometimes more, depending on where they live).

I don't get people. But then, I also take things we sell in our store for next to nothing, and list it online for more.

Headlights? $1 in the store. We have 100's. Ebay? $4.98. I sell more on Ebay than we do int he store.
Bicycle seats? $2.50 in the store? Again, 100's. Ebay? $9.98. Again, I sell more.
Antique Master Locks, in boxes. These were so old, that they were more valuable as antiques than functioning items. In store? $2.98. On eBay? $12.99.

Blows my mind. But I love it. If people could see the store I work in, they would be blown away at the craziness that is this place.

Some of that I think is looking for a specific item (or type of item) and just paying what you see because it's easier than hunting around (i.e. few probably comparison shop for table salt).

The rest I can only assume is lack of reference. Certainly I've been places where a 30 mile drive would result in some serious price changes on items (and not just stuff like gasoline).
benebarba

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:38 pm

People love free shipping.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:40 pm

What displays most prominently on the listing? Does the first price they see just say "+ shipping", or one of the actual shipping amounts (and which one)?
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:58 pm

You also have to consider you're reaching a considerably wider audience via ebay than directly in the store. So unless you're selling to a lot of locals via ebay, then I don't really see it as being all that odd.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Lieris » Thu Mar 28, 2013 5:02 pm

Shoju wrote:This week's Episode of Justified was full of great lines. At one point, Main Character Marshall walks into bar, and armed thug meets him, brandishing a gun.

After they set the tone, that he's "protecting the bar" Mr. Givens (the Marshall) asks him to call his boss.
To which thug replies: "Why don't you kiss my dimpled ass!?"
To which he gets slugged in the gut, and the best line: "I don't see how that invitation has anything to do with my request"

I giggled. A lot.

EDIT:
Another amusement from the show.

The great Walton Goggins as Boyd Crowder is talking to a detroit mafia guy, in his "Boyd way" (You'd have to hear it, to understand), and the Mafia guy interrupts him and says "I'm going to need Google Translate on my phone if I'm going to keep talking to you."

I'm sure just myself and Lieris will see the humor, but it's ok. We get it :)

;) A lot less action this week but indeed, lots of great lines. I really wish more people would watch it; nobody I have recommended it to watched more than a few episodes. :( At least US viewing figures are fairly consistent so it seems like it has a small but dedicated following.

I just finished watching season 2 of Luther (Idris Elba)... highly recommended to anyone who likes police/crime drama.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General