Remove Advertisements

Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Mannstein » Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:56 am

Nooska wrote: Generally you can't get sued in Europe for offering help, if someone accepts it they are liable for any problems arising from the acceptance. Only if you offer inadequate help and are obliged to help in the first place (liek being a doctor) can you get punished, but still usually not get sued.

We even have the advantage of having a very slow and bad system where even if you sue someone for helping, you get bogged down in delays, process costs and attourney costs, that by the time you finaly get to a judge you already lost more money that you can ever get it back...

How is the expression?
It's so bad that it's good? :P

P.S. But generaly speaking even unsolicited help won't in most time get you sue or convicted. Only cases of gross incompetence or stupidity get you in trouble. And it has to be veryy bad and it still depends on the judge.
Last edited by Mannstein on Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:40 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:01 am

Pyrrhic victory?
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11026
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Sagara » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:08 am

When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3407
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:12 am

But for him, it was Tuesday.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11026
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Teranoid » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:17 am

bldavis wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:How are lvl 80s able to get in?

get summoned in?
even then i thought the level restriction was in place though....


Apparently there's a "bug" that a lvl 80 can enter if a lvl 90 enters first. I'm assuming this was low priority given the idea of "what could a lvl 80 do in a lvl 90 raid other than die horribly"

He said he managed to take down Stone Guard after 5 attempts and then got Feng to 15%.

The amount of hysteria on the forums was pretty comical. "DONT YOU GUYS SEE HOW THIS IS BAD? GUILDS WILL START BRINGING A LVL 80 TANK AND BLAH BLAH" and people claiming he was hacking that had absolutely no grasp on how Vengeance works.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby benebarba » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:50 am

Teranoid wrote:
bldavis wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:How are lvl 80s able to get in?

get summoned in?
even then i thought the level restriction was in place though....


Apparently there's a "bug" that a lvl 80 can enter if a lvl 90 enters first. I'm assuming this was low priority given the idea of "what could a lvl 80 do in a lvl 90 raid other than die horribly"

He said he managed to take down Stone Guard after 5 attempts and then got Feng to 15%.

The amount of hysteria on the forums was pretty comical. "DONT YOU GUYS SEE HOW THIS IS BAD? GUILDS WILL START BRINGING A LVL 80 TANK AND BLAH BLAH" and people claiming he was hacking that had absolutely no grasp on how Vengeance works.


Had a pally tank in my guild talk about how this was going to result in some change to paladin vengence - I hadn't heard about it.

Curious - since I haven't played a lvl 80 tankadin this expansion, was it just that they were getting hit hard enough to get insane amounts of attack power (and thus insane scaling on SS, damage and all sorts of other stuff), was able to take advantage of stat scaling to get very high avoidance/block and had just enough heals/absorbs to keep up?
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby bldavis » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:04 am

just curious about how they got in..i have learned that people can solo insane fights given enough desire/skill
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7347
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Mannstein » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:32 am

benebarba wrote: Curious - since I haven't played a lvl 80 tankadin this expansion, was it just that they were getting hit hard enough to get insane amounts of attack power (and thus insane scaling on SS, damage and all sorts of other stuff), was able to take advantage of stat scaling to get very high avoidance/block and had just enough heals/absorbs to keep up?

Hum,
Run in with CD, take 1hit and let the CD (what's the name) heal you to 40%?
Get buble for imunity, get SS on your self since your AP should be sky up?
Cancel Divine Shield and go to town? Keeping SS always?
I don think a HP pool of a lvl80 tank (no matter what the gear) can take even 1hit from a lvl90boss.

About nerfing Vengeance, despite the fact that i hate Vengeance, they will not touch it, they can and prob. will change the scalling from the SS at lower lvls.
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:40 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby benebarba » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:48 am

bldavis wrote:just curious about how they got in..i have learned that people can solo insane fights given enough desire/skill


Apparently there is some way to 'cheat' the gate if you have a level 90 go in first and are right on them when they go in... or at least so sayeth MMO champ denizens.

I haven't tried to enter one, and if indeed the portals can be fooled that easily, it seems really dumb (it's not like a physical door you can crowd through...). I'd think it more likely that the level restriction wasn't working or wasn't implemented.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby theckhd » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:15 pm

benebarba wrote:Had a pally tank in my guild talk about how this was going to result in some change to paladin vengence - I hadn't heard about it.

Curious - since I haven't played a lvl 80 tankadin this expansion, was it just that they were getting hit hard enough to get insane amounts of attack power (and thus insane scaling on SS, damage and all sorts of other stuff), was able to take advantage of stat scaling to get very high avoidance/block and had just enough heals/absorbs to keep up?

No, it relied on an exploit related to Shield of the Righteous. There's a thread about it in AT&C if you want to read more.

They've already adjusted Vengeance to fix it, from reports. Vengeance is apparently capped at your max health now (so the L80 paladin would only get about 150k Vengeance at most, not 3 million).
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
User avatar
theckhd
Moderator
 
Posts: 7717
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:06 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby bldavis » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:03 pm

da fuq with the HotS beta update...

no tech lab for reapers and no research for seige mode for tanks?
W...T...F.... sensing major nerf inc to terrans as soon as they realize how OP terran reaper into tanks will be...
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7347
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby lythac » Thu Jan 10, 2013 3:09 am

Mannstein wrote:About nerfing Vengeance, despite the fact that i hate Vengeance, they will not touch it, they can and prob. will change the scalling from the SS at lower lvls.

You are not the only one to hate vengeance -

Uther to Arthas Menethil wrote:Vengeance cannot be a part of what we must do. If we allow our passions to turn to bloodlust, then we will become as vile as the Orcs.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
User avatar
lythac
Moderator
 
Posts: 2671
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:10 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Era » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:43 am

"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
User avatar
Era
 
Posts: 1256
Joined: Tue May 31, 2011 5:51 am
Location: Norway

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Shoju » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:50 pm

I live in a town with a National Guard Base. There is an Air Force Base 3 hours (driving) away.

Lately, residents have been seeing blackhawk helicopters flying around their houses.

These people live in the rural areas surrounding where I live. They are flipping out about these choppers. It's a government takeover. They're planning to institute martial law, their searching for places to land in hiding and launch ground assaults to take away our guns. You name it, it's being said.

Wooboy. These people are crazy.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6349
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:20 pm

Hahaha... Yeah, we had those Black Hawks a while back flyover over my house every single day a while back. We even had some Chinooks.

It was a 2-3 month long military exercise near the Mexican border.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11026
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest