Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:06 pm

Treck wrote:Soo, whenever you bring Sha of Fear below 50% on heroic (and start the heroic only phase) you regain all your mana and hp, and it also resets ALL your CDs.
And when I say ALL, it really means every fucking thing :P
All spells and abilities obviously, but also flavor items and transform items in bags, but it doesnt stop there, it also resets all profession CDs, even your Farm is reset (all plants insta grow) even dailys reset, EVERY time you reach the phase...
I think blizzard overlooked something :P

LOL!
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:59 pm

http://arstechnica.com/science/2012/11/ ... ist-mimic/
Enyart's program also has all of the above (the radio program, the podcasts, the YouTube videos). But it lacks the backing of a foundation—and the science part. His "Real Science Friday" website (Tagline: "Don't Be Fooled by NPR's parody titled Science Friday ;)") contains a variety of standard creationist material, much of it attacking evolution, but some of it arguing for a Universe that's only a few thousand years old as well.

Having listened to one "Real Science Friday" podcast about how caterpillars destroy atheism (don't ask), I came away feeling like I lost a few IQ points in the process.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Nooska » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:22 am

Too bad its not something you can actually take advantage of - I mean, thats a pretty obvious unintended behaviour (now lets see if Vodka doesn't take advantage of it somehow :-P (it was vodka that got a suspension for LFR abuse, wasn't it?))
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Treck » Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:41 am

Nooska wrote:Too bad its not something you can actually take advantage of - I mean, thats a pretty obvious unintended behaviour (now lets see if Vodka doesn't take advantage of it somehow :-P (it was vodka that got a suspension for LFR abuse, wasn't it?))

You cant really use it as an advantage on the boss, so it doesnt really matter.
But some people are going doing their profession stuff after a wipe to get gold, Id say its an exploit, I just hope we wont have key members banned before the boss dies (even tho they deserve it imo)

Dont think Vodka got banned for LFR, we did and Paragon did, but I think most US guilds managed to remain unbanned (except exodus iirc)
Treck

Postby Fenrìr » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:27 am

I just love ignorance that I can disprove.

Been talking with a shaman in the guild about the state of prot paladins now a days. He's dead set that they are the weakest tank now and that is the reason the top guilds do not use them. I show him the top three guilds do have a prot paladin in their raid group, and he counters with that they're not in the core. I simply state that's a false statement and tell him that the top three (four if I'm not mistaken) have a prot paladin in their line up and he states he'll go talk to Rigg about BL's core tanks. So with wowprogress's new feature to see how many pulls a guild does on a boss, I pull that up and show him that the prot paladins have just as many pulls as any other raid member on the boss. He really doesn't talk after that.

Later on, myself and the RL/Gm are talking about drops and I state I'm waiting for the frost DK to get the dps pieces so I gather them up for tanking. Same shaman pops off that the only good thing about being in a casual guild is that tanks can do things that really don't work in a hardmode guild environment. I ask what he means, and he goes on about how tanks can not worry about 'tank' stats and still get away with it. So I link him Theck's blog post, let him read it, then tell him to go look at the top guilds' tanks and see how different their gearing strategy is.

He then states that he doesn't have a lvl 90 paladin and doesn't really know much about them...

Come to find out, he's the BM hunter in my raid group.

I really don't know what to think about people who just base their claims off of low level dungeons and past expacs.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:43 am

you should ask him how much defense you need to make sure you are crit proof these days :P

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Fenrìr » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:08 am

rofl! I should have, lol.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Nooska » Sat Nov 24, 2012 10:22 am

Also, ask him if haste is the best BM stat which is the result of both FD and SimC (erroneously, based on how they work) ;) - can always link him to my guides (oh wait, no links to my guides here - wowhead.com/Guide=1213 (I think, will check -- Edit: yes 1213) - or EJ BM thread.

Edit2: oh, I do have links in my sig.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:10 pm

"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:08 pm

YEP, CSCOPE is a piece of shit, I know that as I do have the requirements to be a teacher in texas, just decided it wasn't worth it and stuck in the IT Dept instead.

The kind of teachers some school have don't help either -- I get math teachers crying that they cannot teach algebra if their laptop or ceiling overhead projector is not working...
---
Klaudandus

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:14 pm

Do they have... blackboards/whiteboards?
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:33 pm

yes they do... they're just too lazy to use them... *facedesk*

I have to bite my tongue every time a teacher tells me they cannot teach without either a laptop or a projector...
---
Klaudandus

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:46 pm

Are we talking younger teachers or ones that have been around awhile?

Obviously, there is no excuse for either, but I can kind of understand it from a newer teacher, as they probably don't realize a whiteboard is used for more than just the background to their projector.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby JoeBravo » Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:29 am

me doing pvp, very amusing.
like, sometimes chars of the opposing faction died as well when I died. :mrgreen:
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Sagara » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:23 am

Lor'themar is finally getting his eyepatch with his new story in 5.1. Is Blizz really serious about making him DO something?
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to General