Remove Advertisements

Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Treck » Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:57 am

Nooska wrote:Well Method is at 0/4 heroic, so I wouldn't say MMO hates them, just that they aren't above the reporting threshold (though it is odd that they haven't included them as they have decidedly been in the running for the previous raids)

This is true, or rather was, we killed protectors like 20min ago (even after envy /shame)
But, It is interesting how whenever US (or paragon) gets a world first, MMO-champ are pretty much instant with the updates, but we have on most occations had to wait almost a whole day before beeing mentioned.

That said, (altho only recently) we ARE partnered with wowhead, a site MMO-champ considers as a competitive company.
This is why they didnt link our vid on world first WotE (cause of 2sec wowhead intro) but instead posted Blood Legions world 5th kill (or whatever) with complete bullshit excuses.
So yes, MMO-champ would prefer if they didnt have to give coverage about us.

When MMO-champ made that post that wasnt the case, so no blame on mmo for not mentioning us tho
Image
User avatar
Treck
 
Posts: 2120
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:10 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Teranoid » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:17 am

People who legitimately think the new LFR looting system is worse than it was in DS.

You're right little Jimmy.. getting gold is obviously worse than full heroic geared players rolling need on everything.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby benebarba » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:47 am

Teranoid wrote:People who legitimately think the new LFR looting system is worse than it was in DS.

You're right little Jimmy.. getting gold is obviously worse than full heroic geared players rolling need on everything.

*facepalm*

though I gotta admit: getting 28 gold on a token roll can feel like a bit of a smack in the junk. But on the other hand: it's basically 'free' gold on top of whatever you got from the dailies you did to get the lesser tokens. And I'm not really sure what amount would be less junk-smack-like while not being dumb.
benebarba
 
Posts: 2469
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:30 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Levantine » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:55 am

I kind of think the whole coin thing is a bit of a clusterfuck in its entirety and a whole lot of people would be happier had it never existed. Like I get the idea behind it, but just ugh. The entire implementation leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I shouldn't complain, I got my starshatter from my first lfr kill of elegon with a coin, which means I officially have no desire to go back into lfr which is nice I suppose.
User avatar
Levantine
 
Posts: 10817
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: NQ, Aus

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Teranoid » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:20 am

I'm kinda on the fence about the coins. I mean yeah its great when you win something from it and it feels like you're cheating when you kill Sha, win gloves normally and then use a coin and win pants but it sucks when you don't win anything, use a coin.. and still don't win anything.
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby bldavis » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:37 am

Levantine wrote:I kind of think the whole coin thing is a bit of a clusterfuck in its entirety and a whole lot of people would be happier had it never existed. Like I get the idea behind it, but just ugh. The entire implementation leaves a bitter taste in my mouth. I shouldn't complain, I got my starshatter from my first lfr kill of elegon with a coin, which means I officially have no desire to go back into lfr which is nice I suppose.

both glove from sha of anger and bow from ....the last boss in MSV were from tokens, so i cant complain too much
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7347
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby halabar » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:43 am

Gearing with LFR, even with the bonus rolls, is slower than DS was, even with the assholes rolling need on gear they don't need. Did ~10 runs last weekend on 3 toons and won one item. Old system would have been better than that, since you could usually get something from someone else if they didn't need it.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9374
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby bldavis » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:48 am

not trying to pick a fight, but 2 runs and i won 3 pieces
its all down to RNG, like most of the crap we bitch about :twisted:
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7347
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby halabar » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:03 am

bldavis wrote:not trying to pick a fight, but 2 runs and i won 3 pieces
its all down to RNG, like most of the crap we bitch about :twisted:


RNG is a bitch....
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9374
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Nooska » Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:38 am

Grats on the kill to Treck and Method
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1487
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby bldavis » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:00 am

halabar wrote:
bldavis wrote:not trying to pick a fight, but 2 runs and i won 3 pieces
its all down to RNG, like most of the crap we bitch about :twisted:


RNG is a bitch....

that it is
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7347
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Treck » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:07 pm

Teranoid wrote:I'm kinda on the fence about the coins. I mean yeah its great when you win something from it and it feels like you're cheating when you kill Sha, win gloves normally and then use a coin and win pants but it sucks when you don't win anything, use a coin.. and still don't win anything.

Honestly, I really like the coins.
I hate the fact that you have to do dailys to get them tho (should be doable to obtain by daily heroics or weekly raidbosses, that can be completed on lfr if needed)
But I really do think they bring something more to the game.
Sure you can be unlucky, or you can be lucky.
What I hate about it is people always expecting to get loot, and then after every boss dies, people go "I only got gold, the world is against me and i have the worst luck in the world".
For me, its an extra chance on getting loot that you shouldnt have gotten anyway, I get happy If i get loot, and if I dont, I wasnt suppose to get loot anyway.

But I like it that It gives you a chance of getting loot, and when you are fully geared, you can get offspecc loot with it that everyone else wants as well, its basically a way to gear up without making others disapointed (by taking gear from them)

Nooska wrote:Grats on the kill to Treck and Method

Im always confused by the timestamp of maintankadin, but we got Tsulong down as well, but cheers nomatter what boss you meant for ^^
Image
User avatar
Treck
 
Posts: 2120
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:10 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:59 pm

Treck wrote:them)

Nooska wrote:Grats on the kill to Treck and Method

Im always confused by the timestamp of maintankadin, but we got Tsulong down as well, but cheers nomatter what boss you meant for ^^

Make sure you set your timezone in the control panel and check or uncheck the box depending on whether or not daylight savings time is in effect.
User avatar
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 11000
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:39 am
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Nooska » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:11 pm

Nikachelle wrote:
Treck wrote:them)

Nooska wrote:Grats on the kill to Treck and Method

Im always confused by the timestamp of maintankadin, but we got Tsulong down as well, but cheers nomatter what boss you meant for ^^

Make sure you set your timezone in the control panel and check or uncheck the box depending on whether or not daylight savings time is in effect.

Yeah, DST made it fnny for me too after we stopped having it for this year.
Regardless, the Gratz was for Protectors - I was just slow in posting it (I think there was 10 new posts between when I typed it and when I hit post *cough* - doing other things (like LFR's) really slows down my MT browsing - because I care about beating other dps'ers on the meters in LFR ;)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
User avatar
Nooska
 
Posts: 1487
Joined: Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:55 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Treck » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:14 pm

Nice, now I can know how recently people posted, thank you :P
Image
User avatar
Treck
 
Posts: 2120
Joined: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:10 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest