Remove Advertisements

Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby sahiel » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:09 am

Shoju wrote:I know we are trying to keep the politics in it's own thread, but this was a legitimate amusement. Fox News last night, from the moment that NBC called the election in favor of OBama on. It was.... pure comedy gold. Oh man.. If only you could give them an emmy for comedy based on that news hour.

I swear I thought they were going to revert to barbarism and start eating each other in their anger and terror it was... a sight to behold.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:19 am

sahiel wrote:
Shoju wrote:I know we are trying to keep the politics in it's own thread, but this was a legitimate amusement. Fox News last night, from the moment that NBC called the election in favor of OBama on. It was.... pure comedy gold. Oh man.. If only you could give them an emmy for comedy based on that news hour.

I swear I thought they were going to revert to barbarism and start eating each other in their anger and terror it was... a sight to behold.

I was cruising through twitter, and a couple people mentioned it, so I turned it on, and OH MY GOODNESS. Fair and Balanced? Lulz.
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:29 am

dam...i was watching cbs and abc until they claimed obama had won (way before most battleground states were above 30% reporting and before alaska had closed polls) when my mom got fed up and decided it was time to watch something else

ah the joys of only 1 tv

so i watched online...and i guess missed the great fox freakout

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:43 am

I missed it as well, it never occurred to turn it to fox...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:48 am

Shoju wrote:
sahiel wrote:

I was cruising through twitter, and a couple people mentioned it, so I turned it on, and OH MY GOODNESS. Fair and Balanced? Lulz.

Meh, the fawning of some of the other side over Obama, while not as extreme, is just as one-sided. Saw one of the sideline reporters that I though was gonna orgasm when she was talking about the Obama win.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:49 pm

I missed it (was busy with work stuffs), but according to what Brekkie said in the election thread, they were apparently throwing things at the CNN reporter that was at the Boston rally.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:57 pm

Well Boston is a horrible city no matter what your political beliefs are
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:33 am

Levantine wrote:This guy

Just getting a chance to look at this guy... am I missing some correlation between Brewmasters and crit?

Edit: Aha!
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby valura » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:25 am

Sagara wrote:I am now both amused and afraid of our driver's licence system.

I called my driving school because I had an appointment for my first hands-on lesson and I wouldn't be able to pass my theory before that. Little did I know you are not required to SUCCEED at the theory to get hands-on lesson.

You don't even need to *FOLLOW* theory before your hands-on lessons. I.e. they could put you behind a wheel without you having ever touched or read about a car. I won't ever look at drive school cars the same again...

Aaah... getting behind the wheel in Belgium... Still amazed at how you can get in a car while shitfaced drunk and high on whatever suits your fancy, go speeding like you're on a F1 track, in the process kill somebody (or even more than one), and only get 1 year provisional prison time, and a 3 month revoking of your driver's permit, if it's your first offense... yh, that'll teach 'em :shock:
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (90) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (90) Prot | Hashishin (90) Combat | Arishem (90) Blood | Maurgane (90) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (76) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (63) Destro | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (52) BM | Xiaohongquan (73) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Location: outer ring of the 7th circle of Hell (aka Kul Tiras EU - Horde side)

Postby Sagara » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:38 am

valura wrote:Aaah... getting behind the wheel in Belgium... Still amazed at how you can get in a car while shitfaced drunk and high on whatever suits your fancy, go speeding like you're on a F1 track, in the process kill somebody (or even more than one), and only get 1 year provisional prison time, and a 3 month revoking of your driver's permit, if it's your first offense... yh, that'll teach 'em :shock:

Seriously? o_O I never did follow that kind of news, but come ON!
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby valura » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:38 am

Sagara wrote:
valura wrote:Aaah... getting behind the wheel in Belgium... Still amazed at how you can get in a car while shitfaced drunk and high on whatever suits your fancy, go speeding like you're on a F1 track, in the process kill somebody (or even more than one), and only get 1 year provisional prison time, and a 3 month revoking of your driver's permit, if it's your first offense... yh, that'll teach 'em :shock:

Seriously? o_O I never did follow that kind of news, but come ON!

I am being dead serious (excuses for the terrible pun). In Belgium we have what is know as "penalty absorbtion" which basically means the most severe infraction of the law is used to determine the punishment received. In the abovementioned case, it would be the "unintentional causing of grievous bodily harm possibly resulting in death". For a first offense the punishment is a minimum of 1 year probation and a maximum of 3 years effective. :cry:

I have been a strong advocate of cumulative penalties, where it concerns serious crimes, such as the victim's death.

I will make you a horrid example by comparing Belgium vs US law in a specific, but accurate case. This example does not mean I believe the US systems is working fair, unbiased or just, it only means they sometimes exhibit a more logical approach when it comes to dealing with criminals

Example:
A man kidnaps a 10yo child at night from it's home, keeps her in captivity , during which time he sexually abuses the child on a daily basis, and after a year he kills her.
In Belgium that person would get a maximum of 30 years in prison after being convicted of frist degree murder. He can and will petition for early release or parole after 10 years (they plan on bringing it to 15 years). Usually (90% of the cases), a person like this will be released from prison after having served 10 to 20 years.
In the US, that person would face first degree murder (minimum of 20 years if in Illinois/Nevada/Wisconsin, maximum death penalty), kidnapping charges (on average 5-15 years), and child molestation (on average 5-15 years). Most of the minimum sentences I put here are considering there are no aggravating circumstances, if there are the minimum is either increased of is replaced with Life (without Parole). So if make the most convenient count (for the offender) here, he'll serve 30 years de facto (no chance of early release or parole). For the case of argument, we could say that in this example the maximum for murder would be 50 years, bringing the total prison time to 80 years without parole...

And that's the reason why we have a person doing 30 years of prison time, after being convicted of multiple kidnapping and child molestation during the late 80's, only to be paroled, which resulted in him kidnapping and abusing 6 girls and killing 4 of them...

In the US, he would most likely have been serving Life Without Parole, have been on Death Row or have been put down, before he ever could begin again...
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (90) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (90) Prot | Hashishin (90) Combat | Arishem (90) Blood | Maurgane (90) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (76) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (63) Destro | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (52) BM | Xiaohongquan (73) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:53 am

Yeah, I knew what you were going to go to...

And how many times have they "reformed" Justice in the last decade? And it's not like they're gonna afford much more in the ways of non-economic reform right now.

Can't we get the NV-A focused on THAT instead of silly rivalries?

Sagara

Postby valura » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:05 am

Sagara wrote:Yeah, I knew what you were going to go to...

And how many times have they "reformed" Justice in the last decade? And it's not like they're gonna afford much more in the ways of non-economic reform right now.

Can't we get the NV-A focused on THAT instead of silly rivalries?

Sorry, Sagara, but that won't work. Without their silly rivalries, the NV-A doesn't really have much. I mean, their slogan was "Knowledge and Change", and the only thing that really stuck out is their intentions to protect our Flemish interests and identity... that doesn't bode well, unless they can come up with some valid plans for the future.

In my hometown, we also got an NV-A mayor and thus far, the only plans on the table are the revoking of the "expensive" and "useless" plans of the previous administration. They haven't made a single statement of anything else, and they're taking office in 51 days... I'm a bit scared to be honest :?

I wish it were different, but they don't seems to
Bohica (90) BM

valura
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:07 am

I'm playing for a double whammy, as I'm a frenchie in Halle, thus a vital threat to them :-p
We don't really have any group that harps for judicial reform. Most of them are still too focused on economics...

Sagara

Postby valura » Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:15 am

Sagara wrote:I'm playing for a double whammy, as I'm a frenchie in Halle, thus a vital threat to them :-p
We don't really have any group that harps for judicial reform. Most of them are still too focused on economics...

You're a frenchie in Halle? I just lolled so loud my collegue is looking all weird at me :D I live in the same city as Geert Bourgeois (whom I can't stand at all, no sir)... according to him, I am probably fraternizing with the enemy... :twisted:
Bohica (90) BM

valura
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General