Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:43 pm

Pyrea wrote:
bldavis wrote:i get shit like this

on facebook constantly...

makes me worry about my friends



So they are going to support Romney, who ducked out of Vietnam? :)


No, you see, Mitt's mission in Paris mansion was similar to Vietnam! (At least according to his wife)
http://americablog.com/2012/10/mitt-rom ... rance.html
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11152
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby bldavis » Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:58 pm

the mormon mission is a church calling...
its not really something that is used to get out of military service, and nowadays at least, military service is only delayed

and if you are going to play the "didnt serve" card, what about obama? he didnt serve either
and iirc clinton was a draft dodger... :?
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7381
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Fetzie » Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:45 am

bldavis wrote:the mormon mission is a church calling...
its not really something that is used to get out of military service, and nowadays at least, military service is only delayed

and if you are going to play the "didnt serve" card, what about obama? he didnt serve either
and iirc clinton was a draft dodger... :?


Obama was born in 1961. The Vietnam War went from 1959 to 1975. He was 14 when the conflict ended, he couldn't have served in Vietnam if he had wanted to.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby bldavis » Sun Oct 28, 2012 7:28 am

i wasnt saying he didnt serve in nam
he didnt serve in the military period
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7381
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Fetzie » Sun Oct 28, 2012 10:21 am

bldavis wrote:i wasnt saying he didnt serve in nam
he didnt serve in the military period

He didn't dodge a draft though, which is a criminal offence in most countries.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Image
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
User avatar
Fetzie
 
Posts: 2212
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:43 am
Location: Karlsruhe, Germany

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby bldavis » Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:50 pm

Pyrea wrote:
bldavis wrote:i wasnt saying he didnt serve in nam
he didnt serve in the military period

He didn't dodge a draft though, which is a criminal offence in most countries.

not sure what your point is?

is it certain that Rommney was drafted?
and is it certain that he used his mission to escape the draft?

if that IS the case and there is proof, i apologize for defending my former religion
just to be clear, i am a registered independent and like neither candidate really...i was just posting amusement at what some people will believe without the full facts, or common logic
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7381
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:35 pm

But while telling the truth about his lack of “desire to go off and serve” in 1994, Romney lied again, telling the Boston Herald he didn’t “take any actions to remove myself from the pool of young men who were eligible for the draft.” That’s absolutely not true. He got his first deferment while at Stanford University, where in his prep-school prankster phase he counter-protested a Vietnam draft protest. That’s another lie, in a way: While posing as pro-draft and pro-war, he was evading the draft with an “activity in study” deferment. After his freshman year, he got deferment status as “a minister of religion or divinity student,” which he’d keep while working in France as a missionary for his Mormon church.

Yet the AP reveals that other young Mormons were denied that deferment. And since the church itself strongly supported the war, its leaders eventually limited such deferments, but Romney kept his.

After his religious deferment, he got another academic deferment to finish school. By the time he was draft eligible, troop numbers were declining, and his lottery number was never called.

http://www.salon.com/2012/06/07/romney_ ... the_draft/
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11152
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby bldavis » Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:50 pm

And since the church itself strongly supported the war, its leaders eventually limited such deferments, but Romney kept his.

maybe his was before the limiting?

the academic one, i can see being an attempt to dodge the draft but the religion one, being a freshman in college, which normally means 19 yrs old, is right in line with the normal mission age.
as far as where he was sent to serve, you have no choice in that
you are sent where the church sends you. if he happened to get in a french mansion for part of it, lucky him
my dad spent his mission going from 350 sq foot apartments he shared with 3 other 19-22 yr olds and several cockroaches to a beautiful mansion on long island owned by a bishop that allowed the elders to live with them
its all luck of the draw as to where you go and where you live when you get there
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7381
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Sagara » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:31 am

I dared the MMO champ forums for a change - the usual mess of headache-inducing insanity, but this gem came out:

"I am sure the Siege of Ogrimmar will also look very similar to Ogrimmar itself - likely with more complete defensive structures. Not because they are lazy - but because if the ultimate goal of an expansion is to unseat a Tyrant in his capital city, he isn't going to build a giant floating city in the sky just so you can see how wealthy he is."

And I couldn't help but see Garrosh seated on the main throne of a gigantic spaceship pewpewing lasers everywhere, Star Wars style.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3453
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby JoeBravo » Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:40 am

Sagara wrote:I dared the MMO champ forums for a change - the usual mess of headache-inducing insanity, but this gem came out:

"I am sure the Siege of Ogrimmar will also look very similar to Ogrimmar itself - likely with more complete defensive structures. Not because they are lazy - but because if the ultimate goal of an expansion is to unseat a Tyrant in his capital city, he isn't going to build a giant floating city in the sky just so you can see how wealthy he is."

And I couldn't help but see Garrosh seated on the main throne of a gigantic spaceship pewpewing lasers everywhere, Star Wars style.


the floor of the throneroom opening up and revealing a giant hidden disco used for the final dancebattle is also out of the question then? :(
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2008 1:19 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Sagara » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:03 am

JoeBravo wrote:the floor of the throneroom opening up and revealing a giant hidden disco used for the final dancebattle is also out of the question then? :(


Nah, Garrosh will take over Dalaran, outfit it with Forsaken Plague Spreaders and Gunship Cannons and start floating over Pandaria. Also, he'll have recaptured the Iris from the Blue Dragonflight and use it to power a gigantic Red Laser of Doom (tm), which he'll fire at least once to destroy something significant, maybe in the 5.3 teaser cinematic.

I'm calling dibs on Nazgrim getting a respirator.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3453
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby bldavis » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:13 am

5.2 the towers in SW are finally rebuilt, 5.3 garrosh blows them up with big red kitty...er laser :twisted:
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7381
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Shoju » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:00 am

Garrosh is like the Danny Devito Twin of the Incredible Hulk. Less cool, and the garbage left over in every way.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6370
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:13 am

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/getreligio ... ism-story/
Apparently, almost 1 in 5 people think Obama is a Jew
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11152
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:39 am

bldavis wrote:
Pyrea wrote:
bldavis wrote:i wasnt saying he didnt serve in nam
he didnt serve in the military period

He didn't dodge a draft though, which is a criminal offence in most countries.

not sure what your point is?

is it certain that Rommney was drafted?
and is it certain that he used his mission to escape the draft?

if that IS the case and there is proof, i apologize for defending my former religion
just to be clear, i am a registered independent and like neither candidate really...i was just posting amusement at what some people will believe without the full facts, or common logic


Really, the whole military service thing should just stop, on both sides. There hasn't been a "war hero" on either side in the past 30 years other than Bush Sr. and McCain, and neither are a factor now. And what's far more important is the capability for a commander in chief to be able to see long term repercussions of his actions, or inactions.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 3 users online :: 2 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot] and 1 guest