Remove Advertisements

Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby degre » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:06 pm

Your friends are rich, oh nice, I am sure that your X friends are a mirror of the total wow population and that Blizzard is just making excuses to rip your money.

Sounds to me a bit like 'naxx was the best raid!', then worked out that people who had actually seen it were in the null-point range while that null-point believe to be the the typical wow-player.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby lythac » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:14 pm

Yeah. When Cata was reaching the end of its life and MoP was on the horizon the average WoW player still hadn't reached max level. So I can see the % of players that have over 50k being incredibly small. Also what is the population of WoW ATM, has the year contract ended yet? If it is still around 9 million players then for it to be 0.5% of players (which I would consider to be incredibly small) then 45,000 players have over 50k.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:15 pm

I would say that most people in my guild are over 50k, and a handful of us are millionaires...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:16 pm

Well, the first point of their argument doesn't mean anything. It doesn't matter what part of the population has over 50k or not. What does matter is the second point, where they say they like the way it works, while leaving out that they created a loophole that nets them extra funds.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:19 pm

People from earthen ring and area 52 using crz to zone into feathermoon to have a shot at Sha
---
Klaudandus

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:20 pm

Realized this past weekend that the BMAH isn't the biggest goldsink in Panda, the Tillers are. Considering the food-for-rep turn-ins plus the turn-ins for Ironpaw tokens, those are taking big chunks of gold in the way of farmed or purchased mats out of the game.

halabar

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:22 pm

degre wrote:Your friends are rich, oh nice, I am sure that your X friends are a mirror of the total wow population and that Blizzard is just making excuses to rip your money.

Sounds to me a bit like 'naxx was the best raid!', then worked out that people who had actually seen it were in the null-point range while that null-point believe to be the the typical wow-player.

Your own argument kind of goes right back in on itself. You have to look at the kinds of people who would want to server transfer. It's unlikely that someone who logs in irregularly to do a dungeon once a week (and as a result, probably doesn't have much gold) would be likely to server transfer. So the typical WoW player who is likely to server transfer is probably someone who has a lot more invested in their character(s) and will likely have more gold than the average player.

Edit: The other thing I'm wondering if they look at is by character? Or by account? Currently, all of my gold is spread out over 11 characters. I have well over 50k, but if you looked at each individual character, you'd assume I was pretty poor.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:30 pm

I have at least 50k in each character. =p
---
Klaudandus

Postby Treck » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:32 pm

halabar wrote:Realized this past weekend that the BMAH isn't the biggest goldsink in Panda, the Tillers are. Considering the food-for-rep turn-ins plus the turn-ins for Ironpaw tokens, those are taking big chunks of gold in the way of farmed or purchased mats out of the game.

Thats not really removing gold tho, its just redistributing it since you still have to get the mats, or grow them.
Treck

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:39 pm

Treck wrote:
halabar wrote:Realized this past weekend that the BMAH isn't the biggest goldsink in Panda, the Tillers are. Considering the food-for-rep turn-ins plus the turn-ins for Ironpaw tokens, those are taking big chunks of gold in the way of farmed or purchased mats out of the game.

Thats not really removing gold tho, its just redistributing it since you still have to get the mats, or grow them.

But the mats/gold are being given to NPCs for rep or turned in to the NPC to replenish the pantry. Considering that the average meat is at least 10G each, and you turn in 20 for one token, and you need one for each feast, that's removing gold from the economy. Likewise, some of the rep food turnins are worth 200G each or more of cooking mats, so again, removing potential gold from the economy.

And consider the # of players with farms, all doing this.

halabar

Postby Treck » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:43 pm

Well, I agree cooking in this expansion is a lot more expencive than before, but I wouldnt say foodbuffs are a goldsink, even if it costs a lot of gold.
Thats like saying enchanting and gems are a goldsink, just not as expensive.
Treck

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:46 pm

And if you dont raid, you can make a lot of money rather than lose money on it.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:02 pm

halabar wrote:Considering that the average meat is at least 10G each, and you turn in 20 for one token, and you need one for each feast, that's removing gold from the economy.
so again, removing potential gold from the economy

Isn't it still redistribution though? If you sell your 20 stack of tiger meat instead of using them for the pantry you aren't creating gold, you're redistributing it amongst the players and removing some from the economy due to AH fees. Turning in the meat for the token doesn't remove any gold from the economy.

Gold sinks are methods of removing gold from the player economy. 18K special items for the engineering mounts are a goldsink, BMAH is a goldsink, Tillers doesn't seem to fit that definition. So for personal wealth not selling the items may be a "gold sink" when compared to trading them in for a token.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:56 pm

dammit i hate when i agree with flex!

on a side note

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby halabar » Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:01 pm

Flex wrote:...So for personal wealth not selling the items may be a "gold sink" when compared to trading them in for a token.

Ok, I'll buy that, but it certainly does have a monetary impact. :-)

halabar

PreviousNext

Return to General