Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:07 pm

Sunwalker Dezco > Any other Horde npc
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:09 pm

Nikachelle wrote:And yes, that says deep fried butter and (harder to read) bacon covered chocolate.

I'll see your bacon covered chocolate and raise you fried bacon-wrapped cinnamon rolls.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:49 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Sunwalker Dezco > Any other Horde npc

QFT. I saw him testing monk, he reminded me of Hudson in Gargoyles. Here's to hoping we seem him often in the future.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby degre » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:53 am

Skye1013 wrote:
What have the Gnomes done?
Who gives a shit, it's the Gnomes?

Lol.

Overall, probably one of the best written arguments I've seen (even if it is a bit myopic.)

I'll refrain from arguing against it though, since I don't really keep up with lore.

bldavis wrote:Vol'Jin for warchief!

/signed

Apart from existing, which by itself it's a crime, which we barely excuse as it offers prime material for punting, they did nuke Gnomeregan.

I'd go more for foolish than evil tough.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:24 am

Nuking their own civilization is a far cry from plaguing all the others.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby degre » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:25 am

I have specifically said that it doesn't tag them evil per se, was more to have some gnome punting in the thread.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby Mannstein » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:30 am

Skye1013 wrote:Nuking their own civilization is a far cry from plaguing all the others.

I believe we all agree on which is the dumbest but which is the more evil i'm not sure.

:P
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:46 am

The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby benebarba » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:02 am

Joined a RealID raid group with someone on a PVP server (from my normal/PVE server). Ended up getting ported to that server (as in flagged and could see hordies from that server outside of the instance) while I was grouped with them 0.o
benebarba

Postby Amirya » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:19 am

Klaudandus wrote:Also, some AZ goodness

http://www.azcentral.com/business/artic ... -bill.html

You're totally behind. I had a colleague tell me about it on Monday. :D
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:25 am

Fenrìr wrote:Currently reading and countering the kiddos on MMO who think the Alliance is all good and have done nothing wrong ever.

4 points of difference in the Cataclysm questing cycle:
Alliance takes out Camp Taurajo. They create a clear path for women, children and non-combatant males to flee through. They then send adventurers to the ruins to kill the human looters.
Alliance attacks Stonard. Given strict orders to only engage in combat with those that took up arms against you.
Horde forces used the plague to wipe Southshore off the map.
Horde forces used massive explosions to destroy druid schools in Ashenvale and Stonetalon.

Horde have been shown to "win at all costs" and Alliance are clearly in the "fight with honor" camp.

I've read Wolfheart and Tides of War. Garrosh has resorted to many despicable things in his quest to have the Horde throw of its yoke of submission to the Alliance. Tides of Darkness is quite interesting as it really strikes the difference between Baine and Vol'jin and Garrosh. Neither Baine nor Vol'jin will shy away from defensing the Horde but at the same time they don't want to needlessly start a war with the Alliance.

Some interview with Blizzard stated Thrall would be back as Warchief. All the build up is on the difference between Baine and his Tauren and Garrosh and his Orcs. Either misdirection on Blizzard's part or something bad will happen to Baine.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:46 am

Flex wrote:
Fenrìr wrote:Currently reading and countering the kiddos on MMO who think the Alliance is all good and have done nothing wrong ever.

4 points of difference in the Cataclysm questing cycle:
Alliance takes out Camp Taurajo. They create a clear path for women, children and non-combatant males to flee through. They then send adventurers to the ruins to kill the human looters.
Alliance attacks Stonard. Given strict orders to only engage in combat with those that took up arms against you.
Horde forces used the plague to wipe Southshore off the map.
Horde forces used massive explosions to destroy druid schools in Ashenvale and Stonetalon.

Horde have been shown to "win at all costs" and Alliance are clearly in the "fight with honor" camp.

I've read Wolfheart and Tides of War. Garrosh has resorted to many despicable things in his quest to have the Horde throw of its yoke of submission to the Alliance. Tides of Darkness is quite interesting as it really strikes the difference between Baine and Vol'jin and Garrosh. Neither Baine nor Vol'jin will shy away from defensing the Horde but at the same time they don't want to needlessly start a war with the Alliance.

Some interview with Blizzard stated Thrall would be back as Warchief. All the build up is on the difference between Baine and his Tauren and Garrosh and his Orcs. Either misdirection on Blizzard's part or something bad will happen to Baine.

i havent done ashenvale on horde side, but stonetalon the bomb is one of the few moments i felt proud of garrosh

he didnt order the bombing, it was his commander in stonetalon who ordered it without his knowledge
when he finds out about it, he comes to stonetalon and throws the guy responsible off a cliff saying this is not what we do in the horde
he then tries to throw you off as well for your part, but the tauren druid there with you stops him saying you saved them and were not part of it, to which garrosh thanks you for your service and apologizes

garrosh isnt totally evil, he is just misguided by some of the legends and stories the orc (and horde in general) pass down of their heroes
his father was a terrible orc, but did end his life trying to make up for it and ending the blood curse
garrosh has been told his father was a great hero his whole life, so he looked at grom's life as a guide, instead of just that last few months

as for thrall abck as warchief...if they do that, they need to fire chris metzen as lead of lore
that would be the stupidest fucking thing ever

he moved on, gave up the mantle of warchief and passed it to the young hothead DESPITE the misgivings of his longest ally and advisor...Vol'jin.
he is now the leader of the Earthen Ring, has the title of World Shaman, and has a growing family.
let the orc go about the rest of his life and raise his family in peace

there are other leaders that would be GREAT leaders for the horde
the reason i want Vol'jin, besides he is a total badass, is that he knows the value of working together, as he is the one that reached out to the allaince, behind garrosh's back, when the trouble with the Zandilari started up again.
if Varian and the other Allaince leaders push for war, Vol'jin wont back down, but he wont start an unnecessary war just for the sake of fighting.

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Flex » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:15 am

bldavis wrote:garrosh isnt totally evil, he is just misguided by some of the legends and stories the orc (and horde in general) pass down of their heroes
his father was a terrible orc, but did end his life trying to make up for it and ending the blood curse
garrosh has been told his father was a great hero his whole life, so he looked at grom's life as a guide, instead of just that last few months

Some spoilery stuff.

In Wolfheart it showed his first major push into taking Ashenvale. He kidnapped the children of Magnataur and used them as blackmail to get their parents to fight for them. This was also the period where Wrynn stopped being a dick and realized his hatred was dooming himself and the Alliance.

In the Sylvannas short story when she was killed by the Worgen resistance she had a vision of what Garrosh would do to the Forsaken. He would use them as fodder against the Worgen sending waves after waves to their death until the Worgen were weak enough for the Orcs to stroll in with little opposition.

In Tides of War, well you know what happens there. But a minor thing revealed there is he has a Blackrock Orc as a high level adviser who has implicit permission to silence anyone who disagrees with Garrosh.

He sees himself as stronger than any other orc, and orcs stronger than any other race, and he can control the forces that have corrupted his race before him. I think this arrogance is blinding him to the reality around him. I am resolved to a standard corruption reasoning though.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:51 am

which was groms out look on life too

im not arguing for him to stay as warchief, i was just stating he isnt totally evil
he grew up in nagrand where orcish culture is still lead by the strong

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Sagara » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:47 pm

I wanted to test my DPS capabilities for the lulz.
Currently in the failiest fail of a LFailR EVER - near-wipe on pre-Ultra trash when tank didn't taunt (or taunt back from those that DID taunt), and two wipes on Ultra so far.

Why not frustration? I'm not here to loot, just to test my DPS, so it's quite alright ^^
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

PreviousNext

Return to General