Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Malthrax » Fri Aug 31, 2012 2:50 pm

$800 hard cash? I would have done it in a heartbeat.
Malthrax

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:34 pm

Wow, really you guys? I wouldn't sell my account just out of pride. I worked for this... not so some guy with a big wallet can buy my character and tarnish my name (despite whatever lack of reputation I may or may not have).
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Teranoid » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:00 pm

But if I'm selling my account that pretty much means I couldn't care less about the game anymore and therefore aren't concerned about what happens from that point on.

Also side note whoever ruined Phoenix Wright by making that stupid brony objection pic should die a slow death.
Teranoid

Postby bldavis » Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:06 pm

Nikachelle wrote:Wow, really you guys? I wouldn't sell my account just out of pride. I worked for this... not so some guy with a big wallet can buy my character and tarnish my name (despite whatever lack of reputation I may or may not have).

this

i have alot of history in my characters
they represent not only 4 yrs of my life (oh god i have been playing that long?) but also the foundations of some great friend ships
there is a list of people that i have met through this game that i would love to meet IRL, and they only live a few hours away from me

without my toons, i wouldnt have found these forums (stop cheering and wishing i hadnt started playing guys...jesus), i wuold have met tracey (fiance) and i wouldnt have the same skill set i do now

i know this game has improved my multi-tasking ability, and its tied to my characters
no way in hell i would give them up without ALOT of compensation
($800 would be maybe one of them...but i have 13 85s...)

any one else remember that thread where someone posted a link to the power leveling site and we all figured out how much our accounts were worth?
take that amount and triple it, and i might consider it (though, 6 geared max level toons, 7 more at max, plus all my rare achieves/mounts/other crap...it would be hella expensive)

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Skye1013 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:12 am

Nikachelle wrote:Wow, really you guys? I wouldn't sell my account just out of pride. I worked for this... not so some guy with a big wallet can buy my character and tarnish my name (despite whatever lack of reputation I may or may not have).

My biggest issue with selling my account would be that I still have D2, D3, SC, SC2, and WC3 all linked to the same bnet account...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:26 am

I open my email this morning: someone changed my guild wars email address! Oh noes!

Wait, I don't *have* a guild wars account. Never have. :shock:

I'm imagining this is part of the 'usage' of the Battle.net compromised email address list or someone's typo.
benebarba

Postby Worldie » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:26 am

I got the same, pretty used to this kind of mails anyway.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:30 am

Yeah, been getting spammed with GW2 password reset/email change messages. The links and address don't look fake, but I haven't clicked any of them anyway.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nooska » Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:33 am

I had 2, on 2 different mail addresses, none of them my wow account (and being european to boot) - so I don't think it has to do with battle.net, they actually looked legit (looking at where the links point and the header info, saying that the originating IP is in the same range as the actual website).

I got something from battle-net/blizzard a while back as well (on a non-wow address I have and use), and that was legit - talked to a CS rep, who just blocked the emailaddress - my guess is its some spider gathering from mmo sites and then used to try and establish accounts.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Lieris » Sat Sep 01, 2012 1:28 pm

Teranoid wrote:Also side note whoever ruined Phoenix Wright by making that stupid brony objection pic should die a slow death.

Capcom already ruined his character in Apollo Justice.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:07 pm

benebarba wrote:I open my email this morning: someone changed my guild wars email address! Oh noes!

Wait, I don't *have* a guild wars account. Never have. :shock:

I'm imagining this is part of the 'usage' of the Battle.net compromised email address list or someone's typo.

i find it amusing i get battlenet ones on my gmail account, which isnt tied to any game

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Nikachelle » Sat Sep 01, 2012 9:26 pm

Saw this at the exhibition we were at today, and the first thing I thought about was Maintankadin members who seem to want bacon covered everything:

And yes, that says deep fried butter and (harder to read) bacon covered chocolate.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:46 am

i am hungered and disgusted at the same time....

bldavis

Postby Shoju » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:27 pm

quoted, because this is absolutely how I feel.
Shoju

Postby masterpoobaa » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:40 pm

Shoju wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:I wouldn't sell my account just out of pride.

Quoted for truth. Elli is a part of me now. We have been through everything together :)
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

PreviousNext

Return to General