Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, PsiVen, Sabindeus, Aergis

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby anthony » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:42 pm

I once forgot the difference between left and right in ICC, Nika probably remembers :3
Chat-killer at your service.
anthony

Postby aka.superglue » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:28 pm

Era wrote:I eat my burger WITH the fries, I like mixing tastes. However! I always finish my ENTIRE meal, THEN have a drink. \o/

I have that same issue. Mine also came out of my experience while in Basic (Army). You were only given 5 mins. to eat so you just shoved as much in as you could until you couldn't swallow anymore and then I would take a small sip of my drink. You were only given this tiny cup of juice with the meal. I would seriously look like a chipmonk. As the years have gone by I have since lost my rushed eating habits but I still seem to get my whole meal down before I take that first thirst quenching drink. But I can never say that my time serving was not an unforgettable experience. :shock:
aka.superglue

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:42 pm

anthony wrote:I once forgot the difference between left and right in ICC, Nika probably remembers :3

I'm sorry... once you say? Try again buster.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Sagara » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:48 am

Nikachelle wrote:
anthony wrote:I once forgot the difference between left and right in ICC, Nika probably remembers :3

I can relate. I always need to check my hands to find my right. My best guess is some kind of dyslexia. THe downside is that as Raid Lead, it tends to get confuing at times "Go left! No, RIGHT! *BOOOM*". The upside is that I LOVE ground markers and use those a lot to direct the group.

So, the moral of the story is: Nika, use more ground markers :p *dodges inevitable thrown implement*
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
Sagara

Postby bldavis » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:51 am

the problem is sometimes you messup which ground marker you need to send them too

or is that just me?

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:56 am

If you weren't reading a dissertation every time you explain a fight to people (half of which know it and just need to know which is their assigned side) I think you'd be much better off. :P

I generally put a cliffnotes version in raid chat. ;)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:41 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-16950361

Ah, Japan...such crazy people.
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Mannstein » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:09 am

Sagara wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:

I can relate. I always need to check my hands to find my right. My best guess is some kind of dyslexia. THe downside is that as Raid Lead, it tends to get confuing at times "Go left! No, RIGHT! *BOOOM*". The upside is that I LOVE ground markers and use those a lot to direct the group.

So, the moral of the story is: Nika, use more ground markers :p *dodges inevitable thrown implement*

I share your pain...
I already know that when in crysis (i.e. All go LEFT) -> i tend to have 50%chance getting it right :P

Ground markers are awesome... they are a life saver for me... :D
Go purple =/= Go right

P.S. Now that i think on it:
Here is my salute to all that cannot see collors and have some issues checking right from left... From my PoV that must be HardCore Raiding...
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:45 am

We have (had?) a colorblind healer. Makes for some interesting* times.

*Interesting doesn't mean good or bad... it means interesting. I have been equally amused by both good and bad things.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:02 am

Skye1013 wrote:We have (had?) a colorblind healer. Makes for some interesting* times.

*Interesting doesn't mean good or bad... it means interesting. I have been equally amused by both good and bad things.

Same here. Oh man there've been some fun moments when he can't actually see ground effects. Apparently GTFO has literally been a lifesaver for him.
benebarba

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:07 am

The bridge over the lava in Firelands (on the side towards Rhyo/Alys) has been missed by him on more than one occasion because he can't tell the difference XD.

More recently, he can't see the orb in Zon's fight (which makes it hard for him to time dispels.)

Blizzard needs to implement a colorblind mode (or allow texture mods that only change colors and not size/shape) for people like that.
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:21 am

Skye1013 wrote:The bridge over the lava in Firelands (on the side towards Rhyo/Alys) has been missed by him on more than one occasion because he can't tell the difference XD.

More recently, he can't see the orb in Zon's fight (which makes it hard for him to time dispels.)

Blizzard needs to implement a colorblind mode (or allow texture mods that only change colors and not size/shape) for people like that.

Yeah, agreed. Heck, even I had problems in some zones with mobs and ground coloration if I wasn't in a dark room and had unit frames running. (scorpions in the firelands/molten front *shakes fist*)
benebarba

Postby Andurin » Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:34 am

A colorblind tank at Netherspite (kara) used to be fun to :D We got him down, but after all that hassle it took to get it down, we decided to just skip him for the time being. People that cant see colors surely give a nice dimension to otherwise quite straight forward fights ^^
Andurin

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:01 am

Sagara wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:

Back in Anthony's tanking days (Wrath) we didn't have no stinking ground markers!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Hrobertgar » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:39 am

Back in Anthony's tanking days (Wrath) we didn't have no stinking ground markers!

wtb Engr flares....

*hides*
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:41 am

Hrobertgar wrote:

wtb Engr flares....

*hides*

Actually, yes, we did use those - I'd completely forgotten about it. Particularly for Sindragosa.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:23 am

After 2 months of spamming LFR to upgrade my warrior's 384 sulfuras, losing rolls to tanks and afkers etc etc, I finally got not one, but two weapons last week from proper raid. A 410 Specimen Slicer and a 403 Gurth. So ofc, this week's LFR dropped this:

Rhiannon

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:27 am

Cannot see imgur pictures at work. >.<
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:29 am

Its a pic of 4 gurth's
Shoju

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:32 am

LMFAO!

Hahhahah, but of course. Although, let's be honest. If you hadn't gotten the real raid ones... you'd've lost the roll on every single one of those LFR ones this week.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:35 am

Kind of random, but what is that mod under your quest tracker (with what looks like current buffs in color and other buffs grayed out?)
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Zobel » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:43 am

Some fellow from the guild <November5th> whispers me about something, and I eventually ask him if the guild name is a Guy Fawkes reference. "Not 100% sure." "So in the 35% range?" "Yes sir."

Turns out Blizzard's overactive profanity filter completely mangles "Fawkes". So this fellow's wondering why I'm asking about this @#%&@# Guy.
Zobel

Postby Rhiannon » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:46 am

Skye1013 wrote:Kind of random, but what is that mod under your quest tracker (with what looks like current buffs in color and other buffs grayed out?)

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=30183

(doesn't function in LFR though, apart from showing people from same realm's cds)
Rhiannon

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:45 pm

The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:09 pm

http://thecriminallawyer.tumblr.com/

Really interesting tumblr.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General