Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Andurin » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:31 am

Amirya wrote:New non-WoW amusement:

I am apparently "weird" because of the way I eat my meals. I will typically eat all of one portion before I eat another (ie: with a burger and fries, I'll eat all of the fries first, then the burger, or vice versa), instead of picking a little from each portion.


Same here... but I take it one step further :p When I eat M&M's I sort them on color and eat them in colored groups, with the groups with the most chocolates gets eaten first ^^
Andurin
 
Posts: 852
Joined: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:45 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:54 am

Andurin wrote:
Amirya wrote:New non-WoW amusement:

I am apparently "weird" because of the way I eat my meals. I will typically eat all of one portion before I eat another (ie: with a burger and fries, I'll eat all of the fries first, then the burger, or vice versa), instead of picking a little from each portion.


Same here... but I take it one step further :p When I eat M&M's I sort them on color and eat them in colored groups, with the groups with the most chocolates gets eaten first ^^

I've gotten a lot better about freaking out when my food touches on a plate (especially during Thanksgiving, when there is a LOT of food to sample) but will still generally eat things one item at a time.

As for M&Ms (or Skittles, as is more often my case) I eat them two at a time, usually two different colors, trying to ensure I have the same number of each color in my hand at the same. By doing this, I've learned that most (of my) bags of Skittles have an uneven number.

Jelly Beans are eaten by color, usually starting with my least favorite, working my way up to my favorite. Generally licorice (if I even eat those) are disposed of first, followed by popcorn, coffee flavors, and any other non-fruit types. Then sometimes I'll mix the fruit flavors to get different tastes, but more often than not it's still by color.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3955
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby poptart » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:02 am

All I can say is that you all need a tour in the U.S. Navy and go through boot camp.

On those rare occasions where you got enough time, you were just glad to have food and you did not care what touched what.

On those too frequent occasions when you did not have enought time to eat, you ate whatever your fork could hit the fastest and most frequent.

And then onto shipboard life where your food all pretty much tasted the same after chipping paint for 4 hours and where your coffee tasted "funny" if it did not have a faint scheen of fuel oil floating on the surface of it.

My wife often makes fun of me because she says that different colors of candy (M&M or Spree) have different flavors and I am just like "whatever...." because I cannot taste the difference at all.

High maintenance......

Poptart
poptart
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Drexe » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:16 am

poptart wrote:All I can say is that you all need a tour in the U.S. Navy and go through boot camp.

On those rare occasions where you got enough time, you were just glad to have food and you did not care what touched what.

On those too frequent occasions when you did not have enought time to eat, you ate whatever your fork could hit the fastest and most frequent.

And then onto shipboard life where your food all pretty much tasted the same after chipping paint for 4 hours and where your coffee tasted "funny" if it did not have a faint scheen of fuel oil floating on the surface of it.

My wife often makes fun of me because she says that different colors of candy (M&M or Spree) have different flavors and I am just like "whatever...." because I cannot taste the difference at all.

High maintenance......

Poptart


Hah I am USAF -- I am currently deployed in Qatar and the food here is definitely horrible. [Oddly enough, the food in Iraq when I was there the last two times was much better than here!]

Basic Military Training I was still choosy and was able to down decent tasting food in the <5-10 minutes we'd get for our entire flight to eat per meal. Sometimes it was liquids only and get out.

Course I am an overly picky eater. I did have some odd habits I'd pick up during basic.. eg I'd pick up french toast if they had it and pancakes, on my way by the peanut butter id pick up two or so of those. Eat the inside of the french toast [since the crust was tougher/took too long to chew] then swipe my finger through the peanut butter and put it down the middle of pancake fold it and eat that for the extra protein lol.

I actually enjoyed the food at BMT, compared to various bases dining facilities it was honestly better.
Drexe
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 9:35 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby poptart » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:27 am

Drexe wrote:Hah I am USAF -- I am currently deployed in Qatar and the food here is definitely horrible. [Oddly enough, the food in Iraq when I was there the last two times was much better than here!]


Ahh, the joys of employing Brown & Root to run your mess halls. They really do a good job on food service.

Poptart
poptart
 
Posts: 291
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby crazyharry » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:27 am

Man, I feel sorry for you guys. In the Royal Navy (subs especially) the food was freakin awesome.
Back in basic we had options, my fav was steak baguette or bacon and mushroom ommlette, both cooked to order in front of you. The chefs on subs could make a banquet out anything.

Even the ratpacks (i think you call them MREs) were full of tasty goodness.

My diet has deffinately gone downhill since I rejoined civvy street.
If you want a vision of the future, imagine a hoof stamping on a cupcake -- forever.
http://kefkafloyd.deviantart.com/art/Pi ... -201465409
User avatar
crazyharry
 
Posts: 454
Joined: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:27 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Mannstein » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:03 am

Skye1013 wrote: I've gotten a lot better about freaking out when my food touches on a plate (especially during Thanksgiving, when there is a LOT of food to sample) but will still generally eat things one item at a time.

As for M&Ms (or Skittles, as is more often my case) I eat them two at a time, usually two different colors, trying to ensure I have the same number of each color in my hand at the same. By doing this, I've learned that most (of my) bags of Skittles have an uneven number.

Jelly Beans are eaten by color, usually starting with my least favorite, working my way up to my favorite. Generally licorice (if I even eat those) are disposed of first, followed by popcorn, coffee flavors, and any other non-fruit types. Then sometimes I'll mix the fruit flavors to get different tastes, but more often than not it's still by color.

Weird People is Weird... :P
I on the other hand like to mix food... every food is mixed... fork can take a small amount of salad, a small amount of fish and potato... thats me...

Once i was eating with a bunch of friends/new guys, and one dude asked a tuna sandwich, which he proceed to eat in this form:
Open the sandwich, eat all the tuna, eat all the egg, eat all the tomato, eat all the salad (letucce? dunno the english word :D )... onlt when he started to eat the bread (with nothing in it), did he notice that everyone (5/6people) had gone silent watching him eat...

P.S. Don't M&M taste all the same? :P
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded.
Mannstein
 
Posts: 384
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:40 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:16 am

There generally aren't any particular flavors in a single bag of M&Ms, but some people may have convinced themselves that different colors taste different. Of course, that's not even factoring in the different kinds: regular, peanut, peanut butter, crispy, "candy corn" (white chocolate), pretzel, choc. covered cherry, mint, etc.

Lettuce is the correct word :). And I would have removed the tomato and lettuce before ever eating it, but only because I don't eat lettuce or tomato (there are a few exceptions for tomatoes, like bruschetta/salsa/spaghetti sauce.)
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3955
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Shoju » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:35 am

We sell MRE's here. There are some FANTASTIC packs, and there are definitely some awful ones.

Yesterday for lunch, I had a beef and noodles MRE. 'twas not too bad.
User avatar
Shoju
 
Posts: 6379
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 7:15 am

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby halabar » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:58 am

crazyharry wrote:Man, I feel sorry for you guys. In the Royal Navy (subs especially) the food was freakin awesome.
Back in basic we had options, my fav was steak baguette or bacon and mushroom ommlette, both cooked to order in front of you. The chefs on subs could make a banquet out anything.

Even the ratpacks (i think you call them MREs) were full of tasty goodness.

My diet has deffinately gone downhill since I rejoined civvy street.


From what I hear, the US subs are the same way, especially the nukes that might not see port for quite some time.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby bldavis » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:06 am

my mom is able to pick out red and blue ones from bag that she is blindfolded, the bag is opened and she is given one

i dont mind though, normally when i am around her i just get all the red and blue ones :D
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7382
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Fivelives » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:49 am

Amirya wrote:I will typically eat all of one portion before I eat another (ie: with a burger and fries, I'll eat all of the fries first, then the burger, or vice versa), instead of picking a little from each portion.


That's not weird! A lukewarm burger tastes WAY better than ice cold french fries. I always eat my fries first, too - for that exact reason.

So the other night, I grabbed a handful of gummy bears and was dozing off on the couch in front of the TV, only when I started awake I realized that I'd been spending more time sorting them by color than eating them. I also always take 2 M&Ms at a time, color-matched. Dunno why I do that though, guess it's just habit from when I was young and convinced they had different tastes.
- I'm not Jesus, but I can turn water into Kool-Aid.
- A Sergeant in motion outranks an officer who doesn't know what the hell is going on.
- A demolitions specialist at a flat run outranks everybody.
User avatar
Fivelives
 
Posts: 3108
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:55 pm

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby theckhd » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:50 am

bldavis wrote:my mom is able to pick out red and blue ones from bag that she is blindfolded, the bag is opened and she is given one


But... they all taste the same....

Is your mom clairvoyant, by any chance?
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
User avatar
theckhd
Moderator
 
Posts: 7985
Joined: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:06 pm
Location: Harrisburg, PA

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby halabar » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:52 am

Fivelives wrote:
Amirya wrote:I will typically eat all of one portion before I eat another (ie: with a burger and fries, I'll eat all of the fries first, then the burger, or vice versa), instead of picking a little from each portion.


That's not weird! A lukewarm burger tastes WAY better than ice cold french fries. I always eat my fries first, too - for that exact reason.


Especially In-N-Out fries... HAVE to eat the fries first.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby bldavis » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:53 am

not that i know of
but this just adds to the list of weird shit that makes me a walking jerry springer show :twisted:
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7382
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest