Remove Advertisements

Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Pizbit » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:57 am

What is this thread about again?
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Amirya » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:18 am

alayire wrote:I find it terribly amusing that you take such a defensive stand.
So please .. could you tell me again what's so funny about an warrior complaining about mobility ? could it be the fact that paladins have none, yet are not balanced around the fact that they do?

It's freakin' hilarious because he is a priest main.

Though I'm pretty sure his warrior alt has Defensive Stance.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:28 pm

Pizbit wrote:What is this thread about again?

It's a derailment honey-pot, just like every other thread here.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby bldavis » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:08 pm

halabar wrote:
Pizbit wrote:What is this thread about again?

It's a derailment honey-pot, just like every other thread here.

and i had nothing to do with this one! :twisted:

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Amirya » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:26 pm

New non-WoW amusement:

I am apparently "weird" because of the way I eat my meals. I will typically eat all of one portion before I eat another (ie: with a burger and fries, I'll eat all of the fries first, then the burger, or vice versa), instead of picking a little from each portion.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:48 pm

i guess im weird too then

or should i say weird in another way

Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Kelaan » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:28 pm

Amirya wrote:I am apparently "weird" because of the way I eat my meals. I will typically eat all of one portion before I eat another (ie: with a burger and fries, I'll eat all of the fries first, then the burger, or vice versa), instead of picking a little from each portion.

Me too!
Kelaan

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:20 pm

Weirdos.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:43 pm

I eat my burger WITH the fries, I like mixing tastes. However! I always finish my ENTIRE meal, THEN have a drink. \o/
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby bldavis » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:21 pm

Era wrote:I eat my burger WITH the fries, I like mixing tastes. However! I always finish my ENTIRE meal, THEN have a drink. \o/

and i thought i was weird.....
:?

Nikachelle wrote:Weirdos.

you just lack focus :twisted:

bldavis

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:44 pm

I doubt this guy is nearly as amused as I am, but there was a priest in Trade asking for 6 epic gem cuts of Shifting Shadow Spinel (agility/stamina). Figuring it was for his alt, I cut all six.

He tipped me 100g and we broke up the group.

Two seconds later I get a whisper from him saying I cut the wrong cut and I was supposed to do Purified Shadow Spinel.

I linked his Trade request back to him... and I got a bunch of "oh fuck oh fuck oh fucks" back at me.

Heh whoops! (Glad it wasn't my mistake though - I'm overly paranoid about cutting epic gems since it'll cost me a fortune if I cut the wrong thing.)
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Drexe » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:07 pm

Era wrote:I eat my burger WITH the fries, I like mixing tastes. However! I always finish my ENTIRE meal, THEN have a drink. \o/

I do the same thing, although I might be a tad weirder. Depending on food types, they can't touch/mix lol. So I either portion it out one section at a time of food type or I mix bites [such as sandwhich/chips or chicken tenders/fries are mixable]

Then of course I don't drink anything until I am done eating. I normally dont even fix a drink until after I am done with the food.
Drexe

Postby Mozen » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:13 pm

Wait, I didn't know there were people who eat their burgers WITH the fries! :shock:

I always start with the fries, which go with the coke. I finish about 1/3 of the coke this way. Then I get on to the burger which go without the coke. The rest of the coke is by itself. Apple pies are evil so I never eat them.

Current non-wow amusement: catching up on my Japanese e-novel games, anime, getting arrows in my knee, and doing my post military service rehabilitation. :(
Mozen

Postby Dion » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:44 am

Skye1013 wrote:Was reading the comments on the patch notes page and came across this little gem... I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

the problem with warriors is that in pvp the only way to win is to burst with our CDs and kill them within 15 to 20 secs in the game but once our CDs are gone such as reck we cant burst untill another 5 mins our sustained damage is fine we are only forced to pop CDs to kill the target quick is because we cant stay on our target to keep our LttS buff so our core problem is our mobility if blizz fixes our mobility to keep our LttS up then that fixes us simple as that then it wont mess up PVE at all

Did I miss something and warriors got a huge mobility nerf somewhere?

I remember this one gem when some warrior in official forums suggested that Heroic Leap would get the same treatment as Blink. Most of the mages were like :shock: :? :lol: . I think even some blueposter said that "you wouldn't like that. Really." On sidenote, my brother constantly managed to fall to Yogg-Saron's Brain room while blinking. It happened so often that it came running joke on the guild. :D
Dion

Postby Hokahey » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:20 am

So please .. could you tell me again what's so funny about an warrior complaining about mobility ? could it be the fact that paladins have none, yet are not balanced around the fact that they do?

"Mobility" in general could be viewed as containing 3 parts in WoW-

1) Base running speed (including talents).

2) Movement abilities (Charge, Blink, Spirit Wolf, etc.)

3) Snare and Root removal (Cleanse, shapeshifting, Bladestorm, etc.)

While yes, Warriors have a very strong set of "movement abilities", their ability to remove roots and snares is basically nonexistant, excluding Bladestorm, and they don't have any way to boost their normal movement speed by talents (at least that I know of). So overall Warrior mobility is almost completely tied 2 abilities, 1 of which is on a fairly long cooldown.

Ret Paladins may actually have better overall "mobility" between Hand of Freedom, Pursuit of Justice, Cleanse, and Long Arm of the Law.

Both are woefully underequipped (by themselves) to deal with Frost Mages, which is usually who we're talking about when we say a melee class needs more mobility in PvP. Frankly, Frost Mages are just an all in one PvP package right now, and they have always been strong against melee in general. The melee specs that are best against them have the ability to at least temporarily nullify their snares and roots in a way that can't be purged or spellstolen (DKs in general and, of all specs, Enhancement Shaman).
Hokahey

PreviousNext

Return to General