Remove Advertisements

Post Your Amusements!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby Hrobertgar » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:25 pm

As a Holy Pally, my ears always shutdown when I hear other people, like these Warriors, complain about PvP. I have standard mobility only, 5% outbound cc factor (6 secs with 1 min CD, vs enemy trinket use with 2min CD) and if I get spell kicked/interupted its all over. Yes, against non-PvPers in random BGs, I AM a terror and almost invincible, but against serious PvPers who know how to stun/interupt/cc, I can be like fodder.

They need to excise all non-healer self healing so healers can win at PVP :lol:
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:31 pm

I actually don't find myself ever hard casting in a BG. If I do, it's under a bubble or Divine Favor. With all the stuns, pets close enough to CS, and damage being taken, I seem to survive solely off of the seemingly endless supply of free HoPo for WoGs and Holy Shock. Unless of course I'm ganged up on by 3 or 4 people and then I'm in trouble.
Cogglamp

Postby Hrobertgar » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:34 pm

Being focused down by a high end DPS, sometimes instant casts are not enough, particularly if there are more than 1. However, not everyone interupts. I have gone up against multiple in random BGs and gotten away with chain casting for like 30 secs before they stopped me. Randoms are just highly variable on what you face.

In a random BG, against casual PvE-ers, I chain cast Exorcism, and I sometimes win even 1 on 2, but certainly never die until their friends arrive. if there more than 3 then I'm just on pure defense distracting them, but usually at least one knows to stun me, and even if they don't that many usually do enough damage that I have to risk FoL outside of instant proc to stay alive. Sometimes I encounter folks in randoms BGs that are good enough to stun me when I pop AM, and that always sucks. Otherwise, GanK + AM = full health. And of course I am still waiting for that vile and evil Mine Monkey to be removed from the game. Hunter with a Mine Monkey is almost as much of a threat as TWO PvP rogues. The spider I can understand, but the Mine Monkey is total BS. If it is a large fight with multiple people on both sides, I will generally hard cast till they show they are cluefull enough to stop me. The only issue is that as a Draenei they are attracted to me like magnets, while it is almost impossible to get my randoms to focus on enemy healers, they rarely have trouble focusing me.

Against PvE-er types, I have kept 2 dps and 1 healer at bay by myself indefinitely in a random BG when they thought rooting me was sufficient, lol. And I have seen enemy Holy Pallies, go up against 3-4 of us and do similar when my stun was on CD, especially those using an xbox type controller as they are more difficult for me to track for a melee interupt. I generally run SoT, so that chain casting talented Exorcism plus SoT puts out a lot of damage after a while, and I use it on enemy healers to remove their crit heals and distract their healing.

Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby alayire » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:25 am

Skye1013 wrote:Are terrain changes a huge issue in arenas? I know they've got some stuff (platforms and whatnot) but it shouldn't completely negate it. And compared to where pally's are/were, I just don't see it.
Gamebreaking if you ask warriors, nonexistent if you ask anyone else.

Heroic Leap will fail in about 80% of cases where non flat terrain is involved. The aggravating problem is that Heroic Leap is quite clunky mechanic and is not easily spamable and from the outside it looks like you are sitting there like a moron that doesn't do anything while being wailed on, when you're actually spamming your little heart out trying to do something. Blade Edge and the "new and exciting arena" abomination that should have never existed in the first place are fully loaded with pathing issues that make Heroic Leap usage almost useless even though they are flat for the most part.

the worst part about the Intercept gutting is that Intercept was and actually still is so much better then Charge. First of it doesn't suffer from "Charge jumping", something that any successful arena pvp'er knows how to exploit oh so damn well. Second it seems to have a different pathing algorithm that is way more reliable. Charging in Arenas(not only) can sometimes make you go sideways to Fuckdonia, disconnecting you or shoving you into a invisible wall. Charging right when a mage blinks will instantly waste your charge with a beautiful "Immune" message that makes you want to punch baby kittens. Almost all new "cool shit they come up with" abilities that disjoint a character will 100% make charging instantly disconnect you, without fail making warriors wonder(after they somewhat calmed down) what the flux are or even if they are testing the new shit they come up with. Charging too soon after Heroic Leap used to leave you looking like a moron watching your target get stunned a mile away from you(distinctly remember how "quick" they were to fix that issue lol).

that's just what i can recall from the top of my head.
alayire

Postby Flex » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:02 pm

The Dialog that disabled the 5% Dragon Soul nerf was active in LFR and when activated would buff the LFR to near normal mode levels.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:05 am

alayire wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:Are terrain changes a huge issue in arenas? I know they've got some stuff (platforms and whatnot) but it shouldn't completely negate it. And compared to where pally's are/were, I just don't see it.
/snip

Depending on the coding for each of them, I'd imagine it could be just as "gamebreaking" to rogues (shadowstep), mages (blink), druids (feral charge), and hunters (disengage.) Heck, maybe even goblins and engineers?

I wonder if I should complain that priests don't get any sort of mobility outside Inner Will, and they have to give up the spellpower/armor boost to get it. [sarcasm]It's totally unfair![/sarcasm]
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:20 am

Out of that list the only ones that require pathing along the ground are Warriors, Druids and Mages. The other mobility tools work as intended.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Era » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:09 am

Surely the hunter's disengage and the goblin/engineer jump works like a warrior's Heroic Leap (which in this example means it's incredibly wonky)? I've never had any disengage troubles, true, but then again my hunter is level 44 and I hardly ever play her...

Amusements!
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:40 am

Disengage just launches you into the air with no pre-set landing point (you can jump over objects and gaps and climb terrain). Charges, Leap, and Blink all use a path along the ground to check where they will go, which can be interrupted by uneven terrain.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Hrobertgar » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:31 am

Last night with the 5% nerf, H-Morchok was sort of fun. The Kohcrom group (3dps, 1 heal) kill him just before the 3rd tar phase, whereas us over in the Morchok group (2dps, 2 heal) have him at like 200k entering the 3rd tar phase (I think they share health every few secs or there is some range on it or something). Just like in LFR, he cannot drop below 1 health while in tar phase, and it seems to take a few moments after tar phase for additional damage to kill him, so we had this mini Morchok running around trying to hide his loots while the Kohcrom group had time to run over and try to steal our kill.

Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Teranoid » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:35 am

Censure and Seal of Truth chain proccing off each other to the point where people were doing 200k dps as Ret tonight. Twas a fun 30 minutes while it lasted :\
Teranoid

Postby alayire » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:49 am

Skye1013 wrote:
alayire wrote:
/snip

Depending on the coding for each of them, I'd imagine it could be just as "gamebreaking" to rogues (shadowstep), mages (blink), druids (feral charge), and hunters (disengage.) Heck, maybe even goblins and engineers?

I wonder if I should complain that priests don't get any sort of mobility outside Inner Will, and they have to give up the spellpower/armor boost to get it. [sarcasm]It's totally unfair![/sarcasm]
you are comparing apples to oranges. it's not the fact that they randomly fail that's gamebreaking.
it's the fact that warriors are designed around their supposed mobility without taking in consideration the fact that said mobility is utterly unreliable. Warrior damage is supposedly balanced around target connection, that is the fact that they won't be able to hold on to a target once they have connected is the desired effect. the problem however is that the tools that allow them to connect in the first place are unreliable. THAT is gamebreaking.

each and every one of the classes you have mentioned, while they each have their issues, do not have mobility issues.
rogues shadowstep: it's only affected if the target stays with his back on an edge so when the rogue shadowsteps he will fall off the edge. It might be also a problem if the target is moving at high speed, but unlike charge or feral charge it does not have a huge connection time(it's almost instant) meaning it's not affected by "charge jumping", only bad positioning (you might miss an ambush for a second or so) and it only affects clean openers since rogues you know have the highest slow of any mele class that is both autoapplied and can be applied on demand. Not to mention that rogues, unlike warriors, have allot more mobility options and huge control.

mages blink: yes, blink is one of those short fuse ability that can missfire due to terrain. however blink and heroic leap are not even comparable when it comes to failing. Blink will at least fire then fail leaving you into a open position, but still provide you benefits(short term stun immunity, speed if you are specced for it) and you can do something about it. on the other hand heroic leap will just tell you "no moron, you cannot leap there" wasting your time and that's about it. so now you have 2 choices: try to leap again in the hopes you might get it to work, or use something else. both abilities can be used offensively or defensively. when it comes to offensively the mage has a huge advantage just because he's a caster so he's only blocked by line of sight or ranged issues. so he won't spend too much time recovering from a missfired blink, while on the other hand the warrior either has to wait for charge or get leap to work somehow. defensively on the other hand is where the difference is pretty obvious. blink even if it misfires will still escape the mage from the stun. Blink is usually used as first escape since it's on such a low cooldown(again unlike leap) and as such usually the mage has followups incase blink fails(yes not all are 100% full proof). there is also that issue where unlike the warrior a mage has quite a large control over a fight(just not over hunters, too bad they suck in pvp nowadays and to a lesser degree DK's) that usually prevents them from either getting into a bad position or being easily bursted down.

druid feral charge: up untill the form shifting nerf, if there was one thing druids NEVER had, that would be mobility issues. There are 2 distinct aspects that make feral charge not suffer in the same degree as warrior charge. only the bear charge is similar to warrior charge and in almost all of the cases the cat form charge will be used offensively which sadly are about all the cases where it would be used since bear bash should take priority over bear charge stun since they share diminishing returns. Even if you need to charge a target because you bashed another, all you need is the stun, the fact that you may or may not connect is not an issue. and secondly feral cats have higher passive movement speed and a self applying slow. if anything ferals have hitbox problems meaning they have positional problems (sitting with your face burried inside a targets back yet getting target is too far message), but those are not problems caused by mobility all though high mobility helps alleviate them. btw .. is the feral interrupt still a "charge"?

hunter disengage does not fail due to terrain. it can fail due to stupid hunter sitting his back against a wall .. but that's not the abilities fault now is it?

discipline priests pvp model is supposed to be tanky. that's why they don't have any escape mechanisms at all, blizzard wants them to sit there and tank it all. priests have complained about this since ever because it boxes them with classes that have huge control over a fight (rogues mages). I FAIL to see how core issues due to unreliable abilities have to do with priests mobility which they have none to begin with.
alayire

Postby Skye1013 » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:17 am

You went way deeper than I had originally even intended by my first post (the warrior complaining about mobility.) And my list of abilities are ones that are similar to the warrior, not necessarily used for the same things.

Also, if that one ability is causing warriors to be worthless, then I'm pretty sure warriors should be looked at as a whole, not just that one ability.

And please note the sarcasm tags... that's why they're there. Maybe I should have included the entire priest section in it... I wasn't implying that priests were in a bad place, as a matter of fact, a lot of people consider them incredibly OP.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:53 am

Teranoid wrote:Censure and Seal of Truth chain proccing off each other to the point where people were doing 200k dps as Ret tonight. Twas a fun 30 minutes while it lasted :\

I hope you don't get banned / suspended as a result of it. Apparently, they have been banning people for playing with it.
Shoju

Postby alayire » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:00 am

Skye1013 wrote:You went way deeper than I had originally even intended by my first post (the warrior complaining about mobility.) And my list of abilities are ones that are similar to the warrior, not necessarily used for the same things.

Also, if that one ability is causing warriors to be worthless, then I'm pretty sure warriors should be looked at as a whole, not just that one ability.

And please note the sarcasm tags... that's why they're there. Maybe I should have included the entire priest section in it... I wasn't implying that priests were in a bad place, as a matter of fact, a lot of people consider them incredibly OP.
Heroic Leap and charge are two different abilities btw .. not one. I went deeper because people only like to skim the surface then make judgement calls or ride the nostalgia train when others have moved on ages ago. Warriors as it stands right now have serious issues with mobility especially in Arenas. The sad fact is, that's not the only issues they have in PVP.
I find it terribly amusing that you take such a defensive stand.
So please .. could you tell me again what's so funny about an warrior complaining about mobility ? could it be the fact that paladins have none, yet are not balanced around the fact that they do?
alayire

PreviousNext

Return to General