darkmoon faire is a joke

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: darkmoon faire is a joke

Postby econ21 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:26 am

Awyndel wrote:Wasn't it changed to 5 tickets per quest?

No, for the 5 daily game quests, I understand it was changed from 5 tickets on the PTR to the present 1 ticket.

I guess part of my problem is that I don't find the games fun or well executed (e.g. shooting the target is irritating in a crowded booth).I actually liked the Argent Tournament and the Molten Front dailies, as at least for those, I was playing WoW rather than a mini-game. And the rewards were a lot more attractive for me as they were not purely cosmetic. (Even then, Tier 1 transmog gear is meh. Tier 2 for us would have got me interested.)
Last edited by econ21 on Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
econ21

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:41 am

They do need to fix a couple of things, for example there's still some text (like on the mouseover for the tickets) that suggests you can earn tickets by "winning" games (ie, getting the counter on the game UI to the required level), but in reality you get nothing for winning.

There could be some incentive to playing beyond the daily quest, but there isn't right now.

It's too difficult to "win" the shooting gallery at the moment, as it takes multiple Quick Shots to get 25 in the time limit and the Quick Shot time window is pretty small. In the ring toss game I can't tell whether my throws are landing or not.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby halabar » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:06 am

The games are a joke, the rate of earning tickets is a joke, and the rewards are meh. It's a great idea poorly executed.

Assuming the profession quests are once-per-fair, I'll simply come one time each fair, get my tickets, and eventually get a pet or two. No way am I going back to do those games every day for one ticket per game. Not that fun, and it is too grindy.

And a petting zoo?.. err.. why? I smell a new Orphan week quest.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:24 am

halabar wrote:And a petting zoo?.. err.. why?

Why not?

The best things in the game are things that have no reason for being there other than someone wanted them there. I am always surprised when there is an on-level mob in a zone I don't have to kill or rescue or interact with for a quest.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Sabindeus » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:50 am

Flex wrote:
halabar wrote:And a petting zoo?.. err.. why?

Why not?

The best things in the game are things that have no reason for being there other than someone wanted them there. I am always surprised when there is an on-level mob in a zone I don't have to kill or rescue or interact with for a quest.

Agreed. I got a kick out of the petting zoo and the pony rides.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Flex » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:57 am

One of my favorite Cataclysm additions was the huge number of critters in every zone, it made the world feel more alive like when you're in Uldum and see spiders, scorpions and lizards scurrying across the sand.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby djlar » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:59 am

The items that drop on the dungeons and BG's are extremely rare, the 250 trophies specially, in a dungeon you get 20% chance or less to drop, about 10-15 per dungeon (of the new 3), best case scenario is 17 dungeon runs...

What I did is go to icecrown zone, aoe tons of normal 80 mobs, got a trophy from each one, rinse and repeat.

The artifacts, I got very lucky and got one in a dungeon with an alt (nexus lvl 70).. I rolled need, no one else rolled (apparently you need the journal to even see it).

Went and sold it for 3500 gold on trade...
djlar

Postby halabar » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:08 am

djlar wrote:The items that drop on the dungeons and BG's are extremely rare, the 250 trophies specially, in a dungeon you get 20% chance or less to drop, about 10-15 per dungeon (of the new 3), best case scenario is 17 dungeon runs...

What I did is go to icecrown zone, aoe tons of normal 80 mobs, got a trophy from each one, rinse and repeat.

The artifacts, I got very lucky and got one in a dungeon with an alt (nexus lvl 70).. I rolled need, no one else rolled (apparently you need the journal to even see it).

Went and sold it for 3500 gold on trade...

Goblin sense tingling...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Astronomic » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:30 am

I accepted that quest but didn't see the item in my inventory, is it sold seperately?
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby Tev » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:38 am

I think this is just the begining, they have a lot of potential with that island. 3 Large tents that are barricaded off, lots of unoccupied area around the faire, I imagine they will expand on it, but right now they had their plate full with releasing 4.3. I would love to see them throw in instanced areas, that are less hack and slash, and more interaction and survival oriented. "House of Mirrors", "Tent of Horrors", etc. They could go Vincent Price meets Alfred Hitchcock with horror survival.

Will be interesting to see if they do expand on it, or if this is it, and they don't want to invest any more into it.
Tev

Postby Zalaria » Mon Dec 05, 2011 11:49 am

Astronomic wrote:I accepted that quest but didn't see the item in my inventory, is it sold seperately?

You get it from the undead lady at the left when you first enter the faire.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Kelaan » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:09 pm

While I am not really finding much appealing about the faire, it does seem like it has some neat things for _leveling_ characters. I can see people saving those profession skillups for next expansion, too.
Kelaan

Postby Tev » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:14 pm

I may be wrong, but I believe the profession quests are weekly (monthly since the faire is around only 1 week a month) quests. Better to do them now rather than lose them.
Tev

Postby Senador » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:19 pm

The petting zoo is perhaps one of my favorite parts of the whole thing. I absolutely love how they trick random people into being the one exhibit (So far I’ve seen Oracles, Frenzyheart, a Tuskarr and even Corki from Nagrand in the pen).

The trophies seem to happen when you get a killing blow. I got mine grinding off of those fast spawning runesmiths after doing a couple instances and seeing how they dropped. The quest items from Instances can drop from ANY boss of any instance, no level required (I got the crysal from the one in Ragefire Chasm as a level 85, and have heard of some dropping in SFK to those farming cloth)

The thing is… it doesn’t NEED more than it has. It already is an entertaining way to kill a couple minutes for one week a month. If you keep the journal, you can farm your trophies and quest items in the three weeks between faires. The isle has a ton of space to expand to, between the cave, the whole forest with wolves and the forsaken selling foods made from people, and the tents under construction. The thing is, the Faire is gravy. We got it with a ton of stuff. It’ll give me some time to save up tickets for pets, mounts and the Soulforge armor set just to have it. Chances at the quest items will get me into heroics I normally would be ignoring, and the chance for the quest items may also drag my lazy self into some Battlegrounds again for the first time in over a year.

Why does it need more?
Senador

Postby djlar » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:23 pm

The profession skill ups came nicely for my 70 alt.. I was stuck on tailoring right on the edge for getting frostweave items done, the gap between netherweave is about 15 skill ups, it was costing me dearly to get one point at yellow.. finally got it over 350 and can begin crafting wotlk stuff..

I was also was stuck on enchanting, the skill ups were too costly, many mats that are quite expensive at that level, the only orange skill up would cost me 100g per point.. ouch.. got passed that recipe and learned another more cheap.
djlar

PreviousNext

Return to General