LFR Exploit - Loot / Tier drop farming

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: LFR Exploit - Loot / Tier drop farming

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:00 pm

It's obvious they're not a Top 3 raid, but still in the Top 10, and just glad to see a raid group that didn't cheat, whether the top 3 guilds in the world know who they are or not it's irrelevant, I just admire those guys for having a stronger moral fiber, rather than sink to other people's standards.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:00 pm

I'm very glad that the guild from my server, <Completely Different> (world #31 kill) seems clean as well.
Shoju

Postby Treck » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:02 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Nothing would make me happier now to see a guild that didn't do this to get world first.

That race would be the most booring race since wotlk Naxx.

Klaudandus wrote:But this did take a wee bit of a shine off of his star, and not really his fault, but by association due to what his guild decided to do, and that is a shame.

In the end, its all about beeing first, second is just first looser.
Id rather take a risk and get banned, along with paragon, than see them use this and not us, giving them the upper hand.

Shoju wrote:At some point, you need to just man up, and deal with the fact that somethings are unethical, and that you shouldn't do it, whether or not the system "allows" you to or not. Spare me the defense.

If blizzard want to punish us, they go right ahead.
They have the authority, they can do it if they want to.
Its their fault for not testing it properly, but its our fault for taking advantage of it.
Were not hiding it, we are open about using the bugg, and if blizzard feel its important to justify us, they can.
Treck

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:06 pm

Wouldn't it be better to actually do things right and at the same time advocate for the exploit to be punished?

Cuz otherwise, you really have no moral high ground for having criticized STARS, cuz now you're doing the same thing as they did.

In all seriousness...
---
Klaudandus

Postby Treck » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:08 pm

Klaudandus wrote:It's obvious they're not a Top 3 raid, but still in the Top 10, and just glad to see a raid group that didn't cheat, whether the top 3 guilds in the world know who they are or not it's irrelevant, I just admire those guys for having a stronger moral fiber, rather than sink to other people's standards.

Top 10? try 13 or lower (depending on how you rank)
And im betting they didnt know about it untill after it was to late.
They can say whatever they want now, to strengthen their position as a "moral" guild, but noone is going to care in a few weeks of who did and who didnt.

Nikachelle wrote:The only reason some of us may even know who Blood Legion is is that Brekkie was with them temporarily and they went against Vodka at the live raid during Blizzcon.

Vodka definately deserved their time in the spotlight on blizzcon, BL however is another story (their documentary also didnt help their reputation among the other top guilds)
Treck

Postby Kihra » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:10 pm

Treck wrote:If blizzard want to punish us, they go right ahead.
They have the authority, they can do it if they want to.

I'm sure they will. They take loot exploits pretty seriously.
Kihra

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:11 pm

Meh, whatever...

I'm just a guy with a pony for signature...

I just don't like the sudden hypocrisy complaining about STARS and its exploit, and then exploiting the game systematically to get the edge.
---
Klaudandus

Postby PsiVen » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:11 pm

I'm still trying to figure out why the hell Paragon would want full 384 tier if they all have 391 T12. There are maybe 2-3 classes where the 4pc is even good, let alone that good.

I don't know about other paladin specs, but I can't see wearing more than the tier chest, and likely won't be replacing shoulders/gloves until 410/416 gear.

Nikachelle wrote:
Teranoid wrote:
Treck wrote:Who?

I chuckled.

The only reason some of us may even know who Blood Legion is is that Brekkie was with them temporarily and they went against Vodka at the live raid during Blizzcon.

They were reasonably famous for DPS records and speedruns back in TBC.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Teranoid » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:12 pm

Nikachelle wrote:The only reason some of us may even know who Blood Legion is is that Brekkie was with them temporarily and they went against Vodka at the live raid during Blizzcon.

That's my entire point. They're the same guild who falls off the bandwagon progression wise after the first week yet their members seem to have this hilarious elitist attitude about them.
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:13 pm

PsiVen wrote:I'm still trying to figure out why the hell Paragon would want full 384 tier if they all have 391 T12. There are maybe 2-3 classes where the 4pc is even good, let alone that good.

I don't know about other paladin specs, but I can't see wearing more than the tier chest, and likely won't be replacing shoulders/gloves until 410/416 gear.

Some pieces are itemized better than others, gem slots and 4-pc bonus.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Treck » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:15 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Wouldn't it be better to actually do things right and at the same time advocate for the exploit to be punished?

Cuz otherwise, you really have no moral high ground for having criticized STARS, cuz now you're doing the same thing as they did.

Noone cares about Paragon "exploiting" fights like sinestra, elemental council, alakir or Nefarian, yet everyone sees them as the true "winners" of T11.
And i honestly can say im happy we did the fights without those "clever use of game mechanics".
But at the end of the day, how is that even helping?

While i am criticizing STARS, it was Blizzards fault that factionchanging worked.
They however fixed it swiftly, and handled that issue, and no they didnt get banned, and even if they did get banned, it would only be a 72hour ban, removing items/ach, and STILL not actually hurting the race.
If factionchanging would be known for a few days, and blizzard not doing anything about it, guilds were getting ready to factionchange to catch up, just so you know.
Treck

Postby Rhiannon » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:16 pm

PsiVen wrote:I'm still trying to figure out why the hell Paragon would want full 384 tier if they all have 391 T12. There are maybe 2-3 classes where the 4pc is even good, let alone that good.

Tank 4 pieces are encounter-changing. Extra raid cds are incredibly useful for a lot of encounters, especially when under-healing to meet enrages in the first few weeks of content.
Rhiannon

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:17 pm

Getting more than one piece of loot from a boss, per week, in LFR is a true exploit.

And Ensidia did get suspended for LK exploit.

To me, it still smells like a cop out, plain a simple.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Treck » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:20 pm

Klaudandus wrote:I just don't like the sudden hypocrisy complaining about STARS and its exploit, and then exploiting the game systematically to get the edge.

See, thats where you are wrong.
We DIDNT use it to get an edge, we used it (cuz we know others were doing the same) to not fall behind.

Sadly, 4piece t13 is pretty sick for quite a few of people.
All tanks want to atleast have the option to choose to use 4piece for the raid.
For multiple healers, 4set is amazing (including paladins)
Several DPSers have insane 4sets aswell, so yes, lower ilvl does result in more dps, not to mention trinkets are always situational.
Treck

Postby Klaudandus » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:21 pm

Treck wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:I just don't like the sudden hypocrisy complaining about STARS and its exploit, and then exploiting the game systematically to get the edge.

See, thats where you are wrong.
We DIDNT use it to get an edge, we used it (cuz we know others were doing the same) to not fall behind.

It's still a cop out.
---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to General