Remove Advertisements

LFR information and experiences

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: LFR information and experiences

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:58 pm

How many of you, who are actually in favour of LFR, have actually run it yet?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:58 pm

Worldie wrote:It's also a very nice place to train your raiding skills on alts / secondary specs.

Surely most mechanics can be ignored but... why should you if you are practicing? :)

What "training" are you speaking of? The one where the entire group can stand still with no repercussions because the incoming damage is irrelevant? What exactly are you learning there?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:00 pm

Nikachelle wrote:
Worldie wrote:It's also a very nice place to train your raiding skills on alts / secondary specs.

Surely most mechanics can be ignored but... why should you if you are practicing? :)

What "training" are you speaking of? The one where the entire group can stand still with no repercussions because the incoming damage is irrelevant? What exactly are you learning there?

I mainly referred to DPS. As you can (if you want) actually experience raid fights on alts that usually won't see any raid further than BH.
Personally I'm enjoying right now being able to try my dps rotations on a real fight rather than a unmoving dummy.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:11 pm

Nikachelle wrote:How many of you, who are actually in favour of LFR, have actually run it yet?

I have not, admittedly. I was trying to complete all the 5 mans first, and I just ran Hour of Twilight last night so I'll be giving Dragon Soul a try tonight. I'll let you know how my opinion changes afterwards.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby halabar » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:27 pm

Nikachelle wrote:How many of you, who are actually in favour of LFR, have actually run it yet?

I did last night on my main, and like I said, it's fine for alts, non-raiders and folks who can't make the time commitment to regular raiding.

You are not the target demographic.

As I said before, it's the new BH with 8 bosses. And it allows for everyone to see the content. That is a stated goal of Blizz, whether you like it or not.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Amirya » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:29 pm

I haven't tried LFR yet, too afraid of some of the puggers, to be honest (especially in light of some of the puggers I've seen).

I may try it tonight, since it's day 4/4. Just not sure if I want to tank on Ami or dps on Indi.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby halabar » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:31 pm

And how many of those here complaining about it haven't run it yet?.. :wink:

halabar

Postby halabar » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:33 pm

Also, in a few weeks, it's going to give you another option to get that tier token that refuses to drop in the regular raid. Sure it's a lower ilvl, but it still counts for the set bonuses.

Edit: Along this note, I'd also much rather run LFR for valor and have a chance at tier tokens and other loot than run 5-mans that drop 378 gear, none of which will replace my current 378 gear.

halabar

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:38 pm

halabar wrote:

And how many of those here complaining about it haven't run it yet?.. :wink:

I *have* run it.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:39 pm

halabar wrote:

I did last night on my main, and like I said, it's fine for alts, non-raiders and folks who can't make the time commitment to regular raiding.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=32262&p=694770#p694770
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Zalaria » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:44 pm

Nikachelle wrote:
halabar wrote:

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=32262&p=694770#p694770

The same could be said by the casual player who sees all these hardmode raids we get. They're not the target demographic for hardmodes, you're not the target demographic for easymodes. Everyone gets something. I don't see the problem here.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:46 pm

"All those"? All eight of them this tier?

And, we're also not the target demographic for dungeons. Or heroic dungeons. Or so everyone keeps telling me.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:48 pm

I don't like it, and I haven't raided it yet.

I said that it would be 1 of 2 things when it came out.

1.) woefully easy to the point there was little to no challenge.

2.) woefully hard, and the next worst thing they have tried to make it easier for people to raid together.

From what I'm hearing from Guildies, #1 is true currently. I have no interest in lolmode.
Shoju

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:49 pm

Nikachelle wrote:"All those"? All eight of them this tier?

And, we're also not the target demographic for dungeons. Or heroic dungeons. Or so everyone keeps telling me.

So the problem is that they're not making 5 man dungeons tuned for players who have completed previous tier heroic 10/25 man raids?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby mavfin » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:52 pm

Nikachelle wrote:"All those"? All eight of them this tier?

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=32262&start=15#p694867
--Mav
mavfin

PreviousNext

Return to General