Remove Advertisements

LFR information and experiences

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: LFR information and experiences

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:16 am

Passionario wrote:An LFR system that requires good leadership, coordination skills and extensive planning is like a restaurant (or a fast food establishment) that gives its customers raw meat and requires them to cook it.

Then it shouldn't be called a raid. It should be called "target practice", because that's really all it is.

(And btw, have you been to a Korean bbq place? They make you cook your food and yet, somehow, people are managing with that just fine.)
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby degre » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:26 am

Dantriges wrote:But the food is rather bland.

Not much interaction, not challenge, it´s like playing a singleplayer game in godmode.

To be fair, many single player out there nowadays are in god mode by default... I'm an old school gamer and every time I pick an FPS I demand myself how bloody easy are these titles.

This is the same that many other people want, they are not like me, you, or others that love the challenge, all the want is mash buttons to see colourful pixels and get their shinies.

You like it? You don't like it? Who cares, sorry, but LFR is aimed at them, if you look for a challenge go queue Heroic Mode, as even normal mode seems to me to be merely a training ground where you learn the fight (and get some free loot) before moving onto HCs.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby JoeBravo » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:37 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Pizbit wrote:
Nikachelle wrote:Just ran through it in less than an hour. I know the point was for it to be easy... but it was disappointingly easy. Not a single wipe.

I feel kinda dirty.

I think the best way to look at LFR is as a 25man 5man.

And that's exactly what it felt like. It felt like 25 people ganging up on a mob. Seriously, seriously overkill. There is ZERO challenge to that raid.

Anyone that applies to my guild and cites "LFR raids" as "experience" will definitely be laughed at.

rightfully so.

I think I'm gonna suggest to my raidgroup to skip normal Dragon Soul altogether and go for heroics immediately. maybe going in with ~380 ilvl gear will give a moderate challenge.

Blegh, I've allways thought of anyone QQ'ing to be an ass and said to just quit. But after trusting Blizz enough to sign up for the annual pass and than getting this little challenge in return, makes me QQ aswell. I now hope MoP will come sooner than I expect it to come (which is at least 6-9 months from now).
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Tev » Thu Dec 01, 2011 7:50 am

25 man Loot Pinata ftw... at least they dont get the same quality of loot as the real raid.

I do look at the advantage of LFR allowing a way for new recruits to be found with better than heroic gear. Add to that the fact that these new recruits will have a base familiarity with many of the fights, you don't have to try to explain fights to people who are completely green.

Personally I look forward to trying a few LFR soon, since between my rigid playtimes and the fact that there are too many people in the guilds on my server I just cant stand playing with, it may be the only way I'll get to experience the raid content first hand.

Major point brought up about ilvl 372 geared people pulling barely 10k dps, when I can jump to my ilvl 350 geared mage and pull 13k+ not paying attention and botching my rotation constantly (and 16k+ when I'm focusing on it).
Tev

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:56 am

Be like me. If you don't like the level of challenge in it, don't run it. If your desire for better loot for your 15th alt is strong don't bemoan the fact that you can get it with less personal frustration. Read the frustration thread to see how little patience this community has for people who aren't as awesome as they are.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Passionario » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:15 am

Nikachelle wrote:Then it shouldn't be called a raid.

A group of heavily armed and violent people launches a sudden surprise attack on a settlement, swiftly overpowers and kills its defenders, grabs whatever loot it can find and quickly disappears into the night? Sounds like a textbook definition of a raid to me.

If anything, it's HMs that fall short of this definition. A bloody, painful, months-long campaign with a staggeringly high casualty rate should be properly called "heroic siege" or even "heroic trench warfare".
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:22 am

Yeah, I mean the definition of "Raid" in World of Warcraft is literally just a party that has more than 5 people in it. Why shouldn't this be called a "Raid"?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Dantriges » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:22 am

So one question, what are the actual looting rules. Heard that you can´t loot after you completed or so and a dozen other things. Getting confused.

degre wrote:This is the same that many other people want, they are not like me, you, or others that love the challenge, all the want is mash buttons to see colourful pixels and get their shinies.

You like it? You don't like it? Who cares, sorry, but LFR is aimed at them, if you look for a challenge go queue Heroic Mode, as even normal mode seems to me to be merely a training ground where you learn the fight (and get some free loot) before moving onto HCs.

Yeah normal mode is quite a bit of a dissapointment.

LfR well, with no tactics or anything else mattering much, the whole thin boils down to waste one hour to get some loot perhaps. I don´t see the appeal for anyone, even people who log in very irregularly or on close to dead servers. Raid one hour consisting of hi, go, pull, loot, done. Yea ok you get your purples but the whole thing is more or less a waste of time. No requirement to play half decent or a danger of not succeeding. If that was the only thing that allowed me to raid on a limited schedule it would feel very shallow.
Dantriges

Postby Dantriges » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:23 am

Passionario wrote:

A group of heavily armed and violent people launches a sudden surprise attack on a settlement, swiftly overpowers and kills its defenders, grabs whatever loot it can find and quickly disappears into the night? Sounds like a textbook definition of a raid to me.

Somehow I could imagine that to be fun. Could be they actually implement something like this in MoP.
Dantriges

Postby halabar » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:24 am

Passionario wrote:I find your lack of faith in LFR public disturbing.

I am more than certain that they will find new and creative ways of wiping over and over again in the days to come.

This. When the folks that don't meet the gear requirements yet farm their JP and hop in, it will get harder. Slime-boss is a dps check. Hag does seem undertuned, even for pug standards. 1/3 of my group last night died to never seeing the mechanics before, and she still died easily.

It's basically the new BH, with 8 bosses. If you get a group of decent people, it's cakewalk, but... how many times have you seen fail BH runs?
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:25 am

Dantriges wrote:
Passionario wrote:

Somehow I could imagine that to be fun. Could be they actually implement something like this in MoP.

BC's Zul'Aman fit this.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby halabar » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:28 am

Dantriges wrote:LfR well, with no tactics or anything else mattering much, the whole thin boils down to waste one hour to get some loot perhaps. I don´t see the appeal for anyone, even people who log in very irregularly or on close to dead servers. Raid one hour consisting of hi, go, pull, loot, done. Yea ok you get your purples but the whole thing is more or less a waste of time. No requirement to play half decent or a danger of not succeeding. If that was the only thing that allowed me to raid on a limited schedule it would feel very shallow.

You likely aren't the target demographic for it.

Also remember we haven't seen DW in LFR yet. Might get harder...

I'm looking at it from another perspective. Not sure I'll be raiding with my alliance toons at all, so LFR will allow me to get them in a raid, get some gear, without having to devote time to a consistent schedule. I like it. It's easy? yes. Do I need to pound my head to have fun? no. If raiding in Lurkers affords me challenge on my main, I don't need to kill myself on my other toons.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Astronomic » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:30 am

If its the same tuning as ptr the 1st 7 bosses are 1 shottable without much fight knowledge but still expect to wipe a few times on Madness cuz there are soem DPS requirements to be met.
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby Flex » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:31 am

halabar wrote:Not sure I'll be raiding with my alliance toons at all...

If you had a healer...
Flex

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:39 am

halabar wrote:
Dantriges wrote:LfR well, with no tactics or anything else mattering much, the whole thin boils down to waste one hour to get some loot perhaps. I don´t see the appeal for anyone, even people who log in very irregularly or on close to dead servers. Raid one hour consisting of hi, go, pull, loot, done. Yea ok you get your purples but the whole thing is more or less a waste of time. No requirement to play half decent or a danger of not succeeding. If that was the only thing that allowed me to raid on a limited schedule it would feel very shallow.

You likely aren't the target demographic for it.

Also remember we haven't seen DW in LFR yet. Might get harder...

I'm looking at it from another perspective. Not sure I'll be raiding with my alliance toons at all, so LFR will allow me to get them in a raid, get some gear, without having to devote time to a consistent schedule. I like it. It's easy? yes. Do I need to pound my head to have fun? no. If raiding in Lurkers affords me challenge on my main, I don't need to kill myself on my other toons.

Also LFR lets me see Deathwing die. I actually care about the plot so I don't feel like it's a waste of time to do it at least once.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

PreviousNext

Return to General