LFR information and experiences

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: LFR information and experiences

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:38 am

It'll not take too long until people have finished with it on their best toons and start throwing in their freshly-dinged, green-wearing alts with a bag full of pvp blues. Before that we get the people who finish farming the new 5 mans, and before that mostly just raiders.

I guess this is kind of like the reports back at Cata launch about how smooth the new heroics were on the first couple of days.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Xfighter » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:52 am

Yea, did a run with a few guildies pre-raid time to check them out, and it was pretty simple. Orbs didn't seem to be working "normally" on this difficulty, dunno. All the others were pretty straight forward with the only wipe being on the fourth boss, due to ice cutters. Second attempt only 1-2 deaths.

Like other people have said, once the rest of the pack catches up iLvl wise these may become harder to complete/more wipes will occur as currently it's pretty much raiders ATM.

And morchok, as easy as the fight is normally, was even more so as me and my guildie co-tank in the run ended up taunting off each other randomly, because 75% of the time the stack would not even get past 2 before falling off.

For most of the fights it's already a few liner explanation, as a few of the mechanics on each fight are completely ignorable (shards on morchok more or less, orb on zonoz depending if it was just bugged or always hits the boss after x time on LFR, chaining lightning to the shards using the whole raid, etc)
Xfighter

Postby djlar » Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:57 am

My first and only experience so far.

Jumped on my i379 hunter, Qeueued for LFR, got one in 5 mins, already 3/4, entered the raid, I think they had been wiping 2-3 times on Hagara, nobody was explaining anything, we were just idle waiting on a DPS to come online, after 3-4 mins we kicked him and quickly replaced..

There was that unexpected boss pull w/o being ready, we go ahead and tried it...

I just have to say LFR is stupidly easy, even with all the stuff above, we managed to one shot the boss, only 2 people died the whole fight and boss was down in 4 mins tops.. there weren't any loot issues, couple of plate items, 1 cloth and 2 hunter tokens (which I had bad rolls sadly I desperately need shoulders still i353).
djlar

Postby Taikishi » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:04 am

At which point I'll be doing the latter half with non-fucktards while my guild (about half carried) is still wiping on Morchok because someone failed to move for the orbs or black blood... ;)
Taikishi

Postby Taikishi » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:07 am

Xfighter, the orb actually seems to go away after x amount of time, instead of auto hitting. At least from my LFR experience on PTR. There were a few times, on PTR, where he hit 16 to 20 stacks because melee kept moving into the path.
Taikishi

Postby Tev » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:30 am

Nikachelle wrote:I was trying to be polite!

:)

I like to seperate Casual: low play time from Casual: lazy sonnuva rat, since the former usually plays fairly well and is less prone to whine.
Tev

Postby mavfin » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:32 am

KysenMurrin wrote:It'll not take too long until people have finished with it on their best toons and start throwing in their freshly-dinged, green-wearing alts with a bag full of pvp blues.

Now that the ilvl reports what you're wearing along with what the best in each slot adds up to, I wonder if that tactic still works in 4.3, at least for LFR.

Tev wrote:I like to seperate Casual: low play time from Casual: lazy sonnuva rat, since the former usually plays fairly well and is less prone to whine.

Thanks. I'm definitely the first. I still have to get a toon or two up to 372, but, I know how to get out of fire, etc. I just don't raid much anymore, and I don't spend as much time on WoW as I used to, either.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby djlar » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:50 am

Best of all, you can still go ahead and do the regular raid, and try to get loot there if you were unlucky on the LFR, with some experience on the first 4 bosses..
djlar

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:54 am

Nikachelle wrote:Well the reason I expect LFR is going so well right now is it's filled with people who are almost completely covered in true Firelands gear. You're currently raiding with actual raiders. Give it a few more days when the "casual" crowd has caught up to speed ilevel-wise and the results may be very, very different.

Good point, I better get on the gravy train while it's still running. :x
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Xfighter » Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:08 am

Taikishi wrote:Xfighter, the orb actually seems to go away after x amount of time, instead of auto hitting. At least from my LFR experience on PTR. There were a few times, on PTR, where he hit 16 to 20 stacks because melee kept moving into the path.

Hmk. In therun I ended up doing in LFR the orb was just kinda moving around wonky without anyone really touching it, and always somehow hit the boss at 11 stacks on him (3-4 times, 11 stacks exactly) lol. Yet on normal it was bouncing off people normally etc.
Xfighter

Postby PsiVen » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:26 pm

There's definitely some automatic failsafe for the LFR void.

We saw bugs in normal mode too though -- the 4th boss decided not to spawn the ice blender blades on our kill.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:08 pm

Just ran through it in less than an hour. I know the point was for it to be easy... but it was disappointingly easy. Not a single wipe.

I feel kinda dirty.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Pizbit » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:01 am

Nikachelle wrote:Just ran through it in less than an hour. I know the point was for it to be easy... but it was disappointingly easy. Not a single wipe.

I feel kinda dirty.

I think the best way to look at LFR is as a 25man 5man.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:56 am

Did LFR with a 5 other guildies...ugh. I hate pugging enough but this was kind of bad. I think the healers were just sitting on their hands and we actually had a warlock doing 2.6k dps on bosses...

And I think about half the raid was dead on Hagara (including myself because healers didn't compensate for Furious Strikes >.<) by probably 60%.

No wipes though...it's pretty dummy proof so far. And that makes me a sad panda.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Passionario » Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:21 am

Fenrìr wrote:No wipes though...it's pretty dummy proof so far. And that makes me a sad panda.

Why?
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

PreviousNext

Return to General