LFR information and experiences

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: LFR information and experiences

Postby Amirya » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:57 pm

I had one that announced whenever someone used a major cooldown, and half the raid piled on my ass for useless spamming. So I turned it off without telling them (I wasn't talking to them anyway).

When they wouldn't shut up, bldavis told them I turned it off, but I'd be happy to turn it back on for them.

Of course, this was the same group of geniuses who complained about dying to Hagara ice waves (one of them did it three times!), and thought that bldavis' alt tankadin was a dps, and so berated me because he took more damage than I did.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Zobel » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:11 pm

I can't say I enjoy the very very occasional whisper-spam from rogues using tricks of the trade since the massive threat buff. (OK, you started tricksing me! OK, you gave me +XX,XXX threat! I'll keep that in mind!) I've never thought to yell at them for it, though.
Zobel

Postby bldavis » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:16 pm

i actually enjoy getting those cause it shows they know what to do and they are helping you do your job

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby benebarba » Wed Apr 11, 2012 4:04 pm

bldavis wrote:i actually enjoy getting those cause it shows they know what to do and they are helping you do your job

I am the same way. I'd prefer to have them than not, and truth be told, I've yet to be in a raid where raid chat *wasn't* clogged with crap that was far less useful.

Besides, it lets people give me crap when I do things like hit AD or LOH at full health because I fumbled, though usually I'm there first :P
benebarba

Postby rodos » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:25 pm

bldavis wrote:i actually enjoy getting those cause it shows they know what to do and they are helping you do your job

On my rogue I have Tricks macroed to Fan of Knives and I like to sprint into packs of mobs and start spamming it.

Am I doing it right?
rodos

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:56 pm

rodos wrote:On my rogue I have Tricks macroed to Fan of Knives and I like to sprint into packs of mobs and start spamming it.

Am I doing it right?

Only if you do it before the tanks have pulled.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby econ21 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 5:59 pm

Jabari wrote:My 40K DPS was FOURTEENTH on the meter! :shock:

No other dps got above 25k on Ultraxion in my LFR tonight.

I should have known we were heading for trouble when the raid wiped due to the preceding adds covering the entire platform in pink fire. I've never seen that happen before. It was awful pretty.
econ21

Postby Fenrìr » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:00 am

Amirya wrote:I had one that announced whenever someone used a major cooldown, and half the raid piled on my ass for useless spamming. So I turned it off without telling them (I wasn't talking to them anyway).

When they wouldn't shut up, bldavis told them I turned it off, but I'd be happy to turn it back on for them.

Of course, this was the same group of geniuses who complained about dying to Hagara ice waves (one of them did it three times!), and thought that bldavis' alt tankadin was a dps, and so berated me because he took more damage than I did.

I've had this happen to me once. And it was from a healer who was DPS'ing complaining. He went so far as to try to get me vote kicked for spam.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:41 am

fuzzygeek wrote:
rodos wrote:On my rogue I have Tricks macroed to Fan of Knives and I like to sprint into packs of mobs and start spamming it.

Am I doing it right?

Only if you do it before the tanks have pulled.

and the healer is at 20% mana

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:29 pm

Didn't get round to second half of LFR on my mage until tonight. 20 minute queue. Raid leader is swearing and bitching at people before we've finished zoning in. After Ultraxion, two of the healers have done next to nothing, and one of those gets kicked... and the raid leader gets upset because he was multi-boxing 3 healers. Get through Blackhorn no problem, then on Spine two or three dps refuse to stop and just kill the Amalgs as fast as they can. Pretty much everyone ditched group at that point.

Edit: And I forgot, before Ultraxion, the trash evaded and reset and we had to do it over again!

Edit2: Second group = THE ENTIRE PLATFORM IS ON FIRE AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby JoeBravo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:11 am

KysenMurrin wrote:Didn't get round to second half of LFR on my mage until tonight. 20 minute queue. Raid leader is swearing and bitching at people before we've finished zoning in. After Ultraxion, two of the healers have done next to nothing, and one of those gets kicked... and the raid leader gets upset because he was multi-boxing 3 healers. Get through Blackhorn no problem, then on Spine two or three dps refuse to stop and just kill the Amalgs as fast as they can. Pretty much everyone ditched group at that point.

Edit: And I forgot, before Ultraxion, the trash evaded and reset and we had to do it over again!

Edit2: Second group = THE ENTIRE PLATFORM IS ON FIRE AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm gonna enjoy gearing my second shaman so much, I'm sure! :lol:
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby Worldie » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:54 am

I have given up running LFR on alts, has been painful enough to run it on main :X
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Apr 18, 2012 12:57 am

It's usually not that bad. I'm guessing the fail was mainly just from it being the last night of the week.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby JoeBravo » Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:12 am

KysenMurrin wrote:It's usually not that bad. I'm guessing the fail was mainly just from it being the last night of the week.

I've been in runs like that as early as friday. both early and late in the evening.

like 'after 2 consecutive wipes on Ultrax trash and then 3 on Ultrax himself I went to bed crying myself to sleep' bad. I still shudder at the thought. :cry:

hmm, I think I'm gonna go slow down the levelling now tbh.
JoeBravo / Joerojin / Ekibiogami / Cloverleaf / Yodin / Flidhais / Kuanti@ The Khalasar - Dragonblight EU
JoeBravo

Postby econ21 » Wed Apr 18, 2012 3:35 am

I found dpsing in LFR no longer relaxing because of the worsening performance of your average PUG. I finally tanked all of LFR on my warrior alt and found it much more fun. You have more control over how a fight goes, for good or ill. And I suspect people listen to you more when talking tactics if you are the main tank. It also reminded me of why I so much prefer tanking to other roles. It's just more thrilling to have the boss trying to stomp the life out of you than to be hitting him from behind.

My only dilemma is that I keep getting 3/8s first and so second time in, I feel so guilty leaving the raid before the last boss. They've become "my raid" after 3 kills; I guess I should just stay with them even if I can't loot the last boss.
econ21

PreviousNext

Return to General