LFR information and experiences

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: LFR information and experiences

Postby rodos » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:10 pm

Has anyone else noticed that the "forming group" widget now shows x/2 tanks, [b]x/5 heals[b], x/17 dps?
Not sure what that's about -- cutting the healer requirements is probably not a bad idea, but now it doesn't add up to 25.
rodos

Postby Nakama » Sat Mar 31, 2012 9:18 pm

rodos wrote:Has anyone else noticed that the "forming group" widget now shows x/2 tanks, [b]x/5 heals[b], x/17 dps?
Not sure what that's about -- cutting the healer requirements is probably not a bad idea, but now it doesn't add up to 25.

I see it do that occasionally when it tries to form a group and I always assumed it was that the system was trying to deal with people leaving queue and just generating an instance and group anyway, then filling it afterwards with singletons.

I've seen it say 1/1 for tanks and as low as x/14 for DPS too, just before it pops us all in the instance.

--Jed

P.S. To reiterate what I ended up ticketing, someone taunted me in whispers and even put the item in the trade window several times like they were going to trade it before removing it. Griefing someone in that way is definitely bannable and should be ticketed every time it happens.
Nakama

Postby Rhiannon » Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:32 am

It does that all the time, it's still trying to find 6 healers overall. Often happens when a queue pops and the system is waiting for people to time out, and someone declines while others haven't hit anything.
Rhiannon

Postby econ21 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:26 am

LFR seems to be getting really bad now - wipes are common. Three oozes up at Yorshaj, tanks not clicking the button on faded light with Ultraxion, Spine doing a barrel roll and sending the raid off into space, tanks not taunting on impale, pulling when raid is not full or all present etc. I'm starting to think I should queue as a tank again - going as dps is no longer the relaxing experience it was.
econ21

Postby Fenrìr » Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:23 am

Yea, I still do LFR on my main, first half as tank for Indom Pride chance and 2nd half as Ret to see purty numbers and hopefully pick up my Conq gloves for 4p Ret (seeing how we can't keep a steady conq priest or hpally in the guild, so every new one gets the heroic verson before my offspec).

Had a holy paladin raging on me on Ultraxion for having Crusader Aura on, nevermind the fact there were 6 total paladins and 3 shamans (2 of which were Resto). I simply told him it was for my Holy Crusade of slaying the evil Dargon. To which he continued to rage. XD

So about to pull, I slide up to the 2nd line as with Gurth and it's wonderful ability to not proc when at the stairs, a priest Life Grips me back and commences to berate me for standing up there. I ignore him and move back up. During the whole fight, both the priest and paladin were raging in raid chat about me. We didn't wipe (surprisingly, but boy was I riding the tanks in threat), one of the resto shams links DPS in raid chat and told them both to shut up. I was listed at 4% higher than number 2, who was like 3% higher than everyone else.

I swear some people need to just shut up and focus on what their role is. But...people will rage on anything when they suck. And it would be nice if people just put their best foot forward in LFR instead of using it to AFK and whatnot...it would be so much quicker and we'd all go about our days.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby Cogglamp » Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:13 am

That's annoying. I always try to implore people to move up for Gurth wielding folks. I don't have Gurth myself but it seems like healers just don't want to move off the stairs and the hold everyone beholden to them.

Maybe it's the fallout from a near instant queue healers have as they've now become the "annoying tanks" that felt that they ruled the roost when they had instante queues.
Cogglamp

Postby Hrobertgar » Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:04 am

Everyone should stand at least one line away from the stairs as the blue one spawns on the stairs and having people stand in the spawn is an irritant. Additionally its only a brief run to get the crystals.

The group I tank with has like 3-5 Gurths sometimes, so we stand in the most forward area to insure all of them proc (on heroic) and the healers are able to manage. I admit for the other groups we generally stand in the section in front of the stairs (usually 1-2 Gurths or less), but at least everyone is accross the first line.
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby rodos » Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:49 pm

Hrobertgar wrote:Everyone should stand at least one line away from the stairs as the blue one spawns on the stairs and having people stand in the spawn is an irritant. Additionally its only a brief run to get the crystals.

The group I tank with has like 3-5 Gurths sometimes, so we stand in the most forward area to insure all of them proc (on heroic) and the healers are able to manage. I admit for the other groups we generally stand in the section in front of the stairs (usually 1-2 Gurths or less), but at least everyone is accross the first line.

Not to mention everyone should be standing at least a little bit in front of the heals so they get hit by Light of Dawn and the proc from Maw of the Dragonlord.
rodos

Postby djlar » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:30 pm

We had a blatant ninja puller on Ultraxion LFR.. when I joined they had wiped at least twice, so with everybody dead this person would talk to thrall and started it again, he was willing to die by hitting ultraxion if no one else did, it took us another 2 wipes to kick him, and at least I reported him for griefing, after Ultraxion was over I noticed a 5K dps rogue on the list, maybe he died? didn't look him up until Madness when we lacked the DPS to overcome 3rd platform Cataclysm (I was burning my hands off with 75K dps), well we had some people change since Ultraxion but the same rogue was in it..

Doing 11K dps on madness.. /inspected him and had:
Full heirloom gear (helmet, shoulder, chest, cloak, trinket and 2 daggers)
Some vicious pvp pieces
2 level SEVENTY pieces..
of course nothing enchanted or gemmed. His real ilevel was like 180 or something like that..
Kicked him from raid.

More bad people came in, we weren't making it.. took 3 wipes to just let me leave and get those VPs elsewhere..
djlar

Postby Fenrìr » Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:43 pm

I almost did the same last night, Djlar.

Between a paladin tank who literally ran the amagls to the edge of Spine rather than the plate, Hunter dps killing all corruptions and vehemently denying it despite recount logs, same paladin tank refused to taunt for impales and only 2...1 person that wasn't my 381 ilvl DK tank...doing more than 22k dps on Madness.

Get a druid to replace the paladin tank...also fails to taunt for impales than begs us to not kick him because he wasn't doing anything wrong. Nevermind the fact that myself and two other people calling every single thing out for the entire raid.

But I got lucky and got both the tanking belt from Warmaster and LFR Gurth for my DK, so I think it was a bit worth it to stick it out.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:13 am

Fenrìr wrote:Between a paladin tank who literally ran the amagls to the edge of Spine rather than the plate

Spine is actually my least favorite encounter to tank in LFR. There are a number of ways to do it, but it seems like LFR has adopted the least efficient one possible, and any time someone (i.e. me) does it a smarter way, someone rages.

We usually tank amalgs at the rear plate, and pile the bloods up near the front plate. That way, once we have 9 bloods we can just drag the amalg over, have it soak up the bloods, and it's already in the right place. No worrying about kiting it around and hoping that you get it back to the plate in time.

I did that in LFR and people raged that I was a noob tank, didn't know what I was doing, etc. "TANK THE AMALG AT THE PLATE NOOB," "OMG SHIT TANKS IN LFR," etc. It was pretty amazing how vocal people were despite being so uninformed. I guess they were concerned that I really didn't know what I was doing, but you'd think that after the first plate's perfect execution, they'd shut up. Nope. Kept going the whole time, amazingly enough.

We ended up vote-kicking one of the morons who wouldn't shut up, even after the boss was down and several of us explained to him that he was wrong. But I can't imagine what a newer, less experienced tank would feel like after that experience.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:26 am

I do have to agree that Spine is my least favorite. Right with Warmaster and Madness behind it. Mostly because they each require people to do the mechanics more so than the other fights.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:29 am

surpised they didn't tell you you were supposed to drag the amalg around DW's back because the OT wants to pick their nose and running toward the tank with a mob instead of killing it where it spawns is hard. (Admittedly, I'd always done the opposite: amalg near the plate, gather bloods and run them onto it. Your way sounds much faster)

Oh, and for the new tanks, I can imagine based on what happened to me: I stopped running LFR after I got my 2pc set bonus and a couple other drops because the douchery/survivability tradeoff just wasn't worth it.
Last edited by benebarba on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
benebarba

Postby benebarba » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:35 am

I think the thing that astounded me most about LFR whiners/ragers was how they manage to whine into and during a fight. Seriously - shut up and push buttons.
benebarba

Postby Fenrìr » Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:39 am

No, what amazes me more are the people who whine and complain about other people not doing their job, are those who are NOT doing it themselves. AKA: DPS at sub 20k on Madness; healers going AFK or being in a DPS spec without asking if it's OK, tanks who know nothing of mechanics, and well...dps being out-dps'd by tanks on almost every fight.

If people would just go into LFR and put up their best effort, everyone, including them, can go about their day much quicker and a bit happier. But no, people use it as an excuse to go AFK, or whine about other people.
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General