LFR information and experiences

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: LFR information and experiences

Postby Drexe » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:04 pm

Hokahey wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:Argh! More people queueing as healers but specced into DPS and doing DPS instead. I feel bad for the 4 guys doing all the healing in Madness -- and two shadow priests did 7.5% incidental healing each. But the healers that were dpsing were the ones winning the healing loots...

I know I personally accidentally queued as both heals and DPS once, and not realizing my error, was surprised to read the calls for me to be booted 2 bosses into the run. Initially I was apologetic, and offered to hop over to my healing spec, but they were so insistent that I was the biggest *insert string of profanity* on earth, that I ended up standing there and trolling them until they finally booted me. They were extra pleased that I rolled on (and won) a tier token. I'm easily provoked into being a douche, apparently.

More they shouldn't of been huge douchetards. You appologized, and offered to switch. If they didn't have their panties in a bunch with their pitchforks out trying to be asstards it'd of been fine.

But alas, anon = trolldoucher in any environment it seems.
Drexe

Postby Darielle » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:16 pm

More they shouldn't of been huge douchetards. You appologized, and offered to switch. If they didn't have their panties in a bunch with their pitchforks out trying to be asstards it'd of been fine.

It's a vicious cycle. They were aggressive because they're tired of running into "douches" trolling them, so they acted like "douches", so he trolled back, so they'll probably be even more "douchey" to a new person, which will ......
Darielle

Postby Drexe » Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:16 pm

Darielle wrote:

It's a vicious cycle. They were aggressive because they're tired of running into "douches" trolling them, so they acted like "douches", so he trolled back, so they'll probably be even more "douchey" to a new person, which will ......

I know, it doesn't make the whole situation/cycle any less retarded. I don't tend to douche back since I know it won't get me anywhere. No point in getting irritated over other people doucheyness either sine, hey, its a game. Last I checked I play games to relax/enjoy :P

Of course I don't LFR/LFD much given I am deployed and unable to run with any guildies, I couldn't imagine solo queuing without any kind of known support, swimming in a sea of assholes alone isn't pleasing.
Drexe

Postby djlar » Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:12 am

I was on my priest, one Tier drops that I need, the other priest with tier gear wins it, I say if he could pass it, he said no, because it was his main spec, I said "what? you already have the healing T13 piece", he said his MS is DPS, he just queued heals for instant LFR, I check his spec and he's dpsing on healing gear (awfully with healing trinkets)

I made the raid kick him out, he queued as healer and was dpsing...
djlar

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:42 am

Healer doing half the healing of a shadow priest rolling 200 on the Derpwing mace makes me question the existence of a benevolent god, and believe in a malevolent one.

I'll occasionally do a LFR on my priest when I've gone momentarily insane. I've seen the mace three times. All three times it's gone to the worst healer. And I don't mean "bottom but competitive."
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:46 am

djlar wrote:I was on my priest, one Tier drops that I need, the other priest with tier gear wins it, I say if he could pass it, he said no, because it was his main spec, I said "what? you already have the healing T13 piece", he said his MS is DPS, he just queued heals for instant LFR, I check his spec and he's dpsing on healing gear (awfully with healing trinkets)

This is my biggest gripe with the LFR.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby rodos » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:06 pm

Klaudandus wrote:
djlar wrote:I was on my priest, one Tier drops that I need, the other priest with tier gear wins it, I say if he could pass it, he said no, because it was his main spec, I said "what? you already have the healing T13 piece", he said his MS is DPS, he just queued heals for instant LFR, I check his spec and he's dpsing on healing gear (awfully with healing trinkets)

This is my biggest gripe with the LFR.

I've been known to queue heals and take tier tokens for my DPS spec. I don't feel bad about it because not only did I get a quick queue, but 24 other people got a quicker queue too. I don't need any other LFR healing pieces (except for that damned Maw!), so the other 5 healers get a higher chance at the healing drops they need. I do actually heal when I queue as heals though.
rodos

Postby mavfin » Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:03 pm

rodos wrote:I do actually heal when I queue as heals though.

That's the important part. What spec (either or both) you use your tier tokens for matters not to me. The only loot behavior in there that bothers me, actually, is when a group of people rolls need on everything they can, and distributes it amongst themselves...and I'm even fine with that, until they d/e stuff they can't use. If you can't use it, give it to someone who can, with the possible exception of AFKers or people not doing the role they queued for, or, of course, complete dbags. I have a problem with needing stuff to melt or vendor it. If someone's going to use it, fine. It's LFR.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby djlar » Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:18 pm

I tried to do LFR with my spriest (i384 now), we get Ultraxion, everything seems fine, nobody's dying, but we are cutting it close to the enrage, we barely beat him with me and other 5 people alive!, whew close call.. I check the meters of why the heck took so long...

Hunter doing 3.9K dps
Mage doing 9.6K
Fury Warrior 12K
Apparently there's 3 tanks, a blood dk a bear and a warrior (due to their low dps and main attacks like death stiker, maul, shield slam).
So they did mid teens on DPS,
Some other people in the 12-15K range.

To make matters worse that hunter wins the Chest piece..
djlar

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:58 pm

Running on my mage, the only thing I saw that I needed in one run was a trinket. It was won by a Priest who'd already moved to the next boss room, and the item never got looted from the boss...
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Archeth » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:35 pm

8 shamans in my shaman's LFR. Another 6 protectors on top. Why, RNG, why...
Archeth

Postby Worldie » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:06 am

I think my "best comp" raid counted something like 8 paladins, 3 priests and 2 warlocks.

Good thing I wasn't after tier tokens eh? ;)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby lythac » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:01 am

Unsurprisingly the less loot I want from LFR the more frustrating and annoying it becomes. Now I have 4p bonus and no gear lower than 378 (on Warrior) I am wondering if the chance of a small upgrade is worth it given what the group might hold for me. I still need Gurthalak, Voice of the Deeps (which is a significant upgrade) but once obtained I am not sure I will carry on with LFR.

I have signed to first part of LFR on my Paladin twice now (as ret) and have been ridiculously lucky - Shoulder and head token (given to Holy set). Nobody has pulled me up on only having average ilvl 359 (ret) with a 346 weapon (should do new 5 mans more), boosted with 3 pieces of 377 PvP gear. Oddly I have not been bottom of DPS and have finished above both tanks and 4 or 5 DPS each fight. Wouldn't do back end of LFR in that gear though.

I normally run LFR on Monday/Tuesday, for the first time I ran it on Wednesday and earlier than normal. It felt the raids DPS and Healing was lower than my normal experience part of me feels it is due to players who actually need and want LFR rush to do it on Wednesday and the Raiders who boost the groups later in the week are raiding. Other part of me thinks it is coincidence.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

Postby Jabari » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:15 am

Archeth wrote:8 shamans in my shaman's LFR. Another 6 protectors on top. Why, RNG, why...

If you see this, drop group quick (before boss pull) and re-queue. Otherwise you're ONLY running LFR for the VP, and the HoT heroics are better for that per unit time (usually).
Most people want the wealth produced by a society with limited government distributed to them more generously by bigger government.
Jabari

Postby twinkfist » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:47 pm

i've decided to go into LFR assuming that i'm never going to get Gurth on my warrior and to be honest...it's much more entertaining and fun. i've even given up being titans grip or arms and just going single minded fury and having a blast.

yesterday, lost gurth to a pally with similar gear doing 20k less than me as single-minded fury...and it didn't bother me. i think i've grown up.
twinkfist

PreviousNext

Return to General