LFR information and experiences

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: LFR information and experiences

Postby gtechman » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:43 am

djlar wrote:Had a horrible LFR run(s) with my lock.

- First, took like 25 mins to get a 3/8, which I declined, waited another 20 mins to get a fresh one.
- Wipe on ultraxion trash.. due over in 10 mins waiting for healers.
- I was 6th-9th on DPS considering I was only meeting the minimun ilevel of i373, being destro also gimps my DPS on some fights.
- All went fine until madness, 20 people pulls = wipe, 21 people pull = wipe, 22 people pull = wipe, 25 people and 3 bailing healers = wipe. I just had to leave these douchebags pulling when not ready. I was doing 40K dps way above better geared people (I didn't use CDs on cataclysm).
- I re-queued hoping for a 3/8 with other people, 18 mins I get a fresh, I decline, another 17 mins another fresh, I declined, another 19 mins another fresh, I just had to accept, sadly 3 wipes on Ultraxion sent me to bed earlier..

Why not take a 3/8 first? I thought after you kill last boss, you have a much better chance of getting a fresh run.
gtechman

Postby djlar » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:44 am

Since my Lock is barely i373 I need ALL the gear possible..

To make matters worse, nothing dropped on the 3 bosses, no tiers, no casters, no cloth.. nothing.
djlar

Postby gtechman » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:51 am

djlar wrote:Since my Lock is barely i373 I need ALL the gear possible..

To make matters worse, nothing dropped on the 3 bosses, no tiers, no casters, no cloth.. nothing.

I mean instead of a re-Q, you take the 3/8 and then Q again and get a 0/8 and drop after the third boss. That's how I have been doing it anyways....
gtechman

Postby djlar » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:01 pm

It also carries the huge risk that the 3/8 is one of those fail groups that take multiple wipes on 4th platform, that's 10 mins of wipes per atempt, most LFRs first 3 bosses are a piece of cake, madness is always a dice roll that it seems always to land on snake eyes..

Saturday I did my Spriest, the group was so pro from the first boss we downed everything pretty quickly... is always luck, there was a legendary rogue, 2 legendary casters, a 401 avg frost DK, all doing huge numbers, my 30K on ultraxion were low compared to those guys.

Gunship we had several seconds of idle time between drakes, on Madness we were downing the corruption way before the bolt spawned, and cataclysm was cast at 10% limb left.. those groups everybody desires.. LOL..
djlar

Postby Zobel » Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:11 pm

Two fails made a win on Spine.

The raid couldn't agree which corruption to kill, so there were two amalgamations up. The first one detonated, but the raid failed to one-shot the tendon. A couple seconds later, the second amalgamation detonated and the tendon was finished.
Zobel

Postby rodos » Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:37 pm

I needed to bail on an LFR last week, and dropped group between Spine and Madness only to realise someone had ninja-started the encounter a moment before, loot-locking me to Madness. I realize this is done to stop people exploiting by all dropping group just before a kill to funnel loot to a few players at a time, but it's supremely annoying and feels like a lazy solution.

I'd like to see an automatic ready-check on any "talk to NPC to start" fights, and it won't start unless something like 2/2 tanks, 5/6 heals and 14/17 dps accept. I've seen Spine and Madness in particular started with healers missing, dead unressed and so forth far too many times.
rodos

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Feb 28, 2012 2:17 am

rodos wrote:I'd like to see an automatic ready-check on any "talk to NPC to start" fights, and it won't start unless something like 2/2 tanks, 5/6 heals and 14/17 dps accept. I've seen Spine and Madness in particular started with healers missing, dead unressed and so forth far too many times.

You do realize how much easier that makes it for griefers? They can prevent a boss from starting until people quit.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby benebarba » Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:49 am

Skye1013 wrote:
rodos wrote:I'd like to see an automatic ready-check on any "talk to NPC to start" fights, and it won't start unless something like 2/2 tanks, 5/6 heals and 14/17 dps accept. I've seen Spine and Madness in particular started with healers missing, dead unressed and so forth far too many times.

You do realize how much easier that makes it for griefers? They can prevent a boss from starting until people quit.

I mean, I'd love there to be some sort of mechanism in place other than 'random person talks to NPC/walks into boss' but I doubt any fix would actually help much in the long run.

I think we just have to hope that the shiny fun of griefing LFR wears off as it gets older, since who knows what actually results from any of the GM reports and kicking can be an issue.
benebarba

Postby djlar » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:43 am

Or if you try to start it, at least the NPC ones, the NPC denies starting it until minimun reqs are met, say 5 healers, 2 tanks and maybe 15 DPS..

Nothing could be done on pull and bail bosses from the first wing though..

I'm still reporting those dudes, if group is incomplete say on gunship/spine/madness I just look how is close enough to start it and targetting the NPC, usually people stand a bit far from the NPC..

Last night one douche was starting gunship with 19 people, one wipe because of it, (only 2 healers), we caught him, some of us reported him, of course he left the raid when found out, but starting it again before leaving, well to his bad luck in the 20 secs it takes to enter combat the raid filled up quickly and we down it.. hoping that he got locked out of loot.. I'm guessing he did because the rolls at the end timed out..
djlar

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:50 am

No one but raid leader or assistant should be able to start triggered encounters (or turn off derpwing radiance). This seems like a blindingly obvious minimum requirement. Perhaps extend auto-promote to top dps and top heals, since they're (at the least) not afk.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby rodos » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:57 pm

Skye1013 wrote:

Not ready for X ready checks or Y minutes and you get auto-booted.
rodos

Postby benebarba » Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:19 am

rodos wrote:
Skye1013 wrote:

Not ready for X ready checks or Y minutes and you get auto-booted.

So instead of getting folks locking people out of fights, we get the possibility of people being autobooted by ready-check spam?

I think the sad fact is there is little that can be done from the programming side to prevent griefing in LFR that wouldn't also give griefers another tool to play with. I mean, it's not like LFD has solved all it's problems either.
benebarba

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:14 am

Argh! More people queueing as healers but specced into DPS and doing DPS instead. I feel bad for the 4 guys doing all the healing in Madness -- and two shadow priests did 7.5% incidental healing each. But the healers that were dpsing were the ones winning the healing loots...
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby djlar » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:04 am

I have a perma vote CD of 2 hours.. I wonder when it will go down again.. 2-3 weeks without voting perhaps?
djlar

Postby Hokahey » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:46 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Argh! More people queueing as healers but specced into DPS and doing DPS instead. I feel bad for the 4 guys doing all the healing in Madness -- and two shadow priests did 7.5% incidental healing each. But the healers that were dpsing were the ones winning the healing loots...

I know I personally accidentally queued as both heals and DPS once, and not realizing my error, was surprised to read the calls for me to be booted 2 bosses into the run. Initially I was apologetic, and offered to hop over to my healing spec, but they were so insistent that I was the biggest *insert string of profanity* on earth, that I ended up standing there and trolling them until they finally booted me. They were extra pleased that I rolled on (and won) a tier token. I'm easily provoked into being a douche, apparently.
Hokahey

PreviousNext

Return to General