Remove Advertisements

Active mitigation - prot warrior version

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Active mitigation - prot warrior version

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:00 am

Depends. If the heal of WoG is higher than the absorb from HS, you can actually choose between healing and preventing damage.
Big importance also will have Shield of Righteous block chance bonus.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Jeremoot » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:04 am

So in trivial content we'll use SotR every 3 HoPo and we'll gear 10% below CTC, whereas in other content we'll be using WoG after or right before large predictable burst and Holy Shield elsewhere.
Jeremoot

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:17 am

That's my idea. And in this case it would actually mean we really get a choice on what to use our HP with, differently from now.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Darielle » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:25 am

Or just WoG over ShoR if you have lowish health, and HS if you have highish health but are afraid of immediate damage, ShoR being reserved for "I'm not in immediate danger so let me smooth things out for the next few seconds".

Chances of us actually being able to block every hit in Pandaria are like 0.000000001
Darielle

Postby Flex » Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:28 am

Or depending on HoPo generation and ShoR's shield buff length you could do it all!
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Arjuna » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:13 pm

...and thus we'll need hit/exp to maintain the HoPo gen?
HUZZAH! How many points do I receive? :D
Arjuna

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:24 pm

Well they kind of mentioned "making hit/exp more appealing to tanks".
Look at wars / bears, they got skills generating Rage... I find it possible that they wont generate rage if they miss.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Tev » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:48 am

Brings up a good point, now since recources are primarily spent on damage/threat, and with the massive threat bonus, hit/exp don't have much if any priority right now. If/when they switch our resource use to apply to defence, getting hit/exp capped will take a huge jump in priority.

My feelings on this are mixed. On one hand, I don't have a huge issue with it, if they are willing to roll in some extra hit/ext to help out tanks that are starting out, and early in a new expac, then we should be able to make up the difference. On the other hand, every point spent on hit/exp is a point not spent on an actuall defensive stat. Towards the end of an expac when gear is overflowing with stats, it's usually not an issue, but in the begining it can be problematic.

I'm leaning more towards the feeling that if they want this model (resource use for active mitigation), they should make the base line resource generation predictable and consistant enough that an unlucky bout with the RNG wont spell a wipe because you didn't have enough resources to pop the move you need to use at that point of a fight.
Tev

Previous

Return to General