Full PvP Gear in Heroics - confused

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Full PvP Gear in Heroics - confused

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:38 am

I thought there was a blue post, or something, a few months ago that said if someone queued in a heroic dungeon and used PVP gear to cheat the system on their ilevel that they would suffer repercussions if they were unable to do their job even remotely effectively. Does anyone remember the source? We had a fully PVP outfitted healer last night who couldn't keep anyone in the group up, so I logged a ticket to point out they were useless in their gear (they shouldn't have been, but they were). The healer dropped group after dying for the umpteenth time after failing to keep himself and the group up.

The GM response was as follows, and it's totally contrary to what I thought Blizzard was trying to enforce:

"Greetings Avene,

thank you for your ticket!
I was looking forward to chat with you online but sadly you weren't there, so I
leave you this message instead.

It is indeed allowed to queue up for dungeons even with PvP gear. There are no
rules of which gear you have to wear to use the dungeonfinder, if a player has only
PvP gear we can simply not exclude him from using a feature ingame which should be
available for everyone.
However if you have a player in your group who has problems with his role you can
always try to give them some tips or tell them tricks how they can master a dungeon
without such problems.
In a group it is always important to do some teamwork, which can sometimes also
mean to help a groupmember which is not as good as the others.

I hope you still had a good day and i wish you a lot of fun on your further
adventures. :)

Regards,

Your Gamemaster Sarrynyreha
Blizzard Entertainment Europe"

Maybe I'm off base, but wasn't there some blue post about using PVP gear to cheat the system?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Re: Full PvP Gear in Heroics - confused

Postby Astronomic » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:57 am

While I do agree that it is kinda shitty to game the system like that, if you want to start PvEing but you only have PVP gear you shouldn't get locked out.. it would be a wiser decision to play a dps with pvp gear though compared to a healer or god forbid a tank.

I don't recall any blue post about using pvp gear not being allowed.
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:10 am

The forum thread we had here was based on an unsubstantiated statement of GM policy that was phrased like an official message but was actually conjecture.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:22 am

Oh goddamnit!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:43 am

Dumb right? You suffered the consequences of someone else not understanding how to gear.

There are very. VERY Few healers that I would be ok with in full pvp gear. This is the only one that comes to mind off the top of my head, but I'm sure i could find another one or two if someone put me in a position where I had to find one.
Shoju

Postby Belloc » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:59 am

I believe the previous thread was with regards to tanks not actually having tanking gear.
Belloc

Postby PsiVen » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:37 am

I don't think the PvP gear thing really applies anymore. Anyone but a tank in full 371 gear is technically adequately geared for heroic dungeons as they have at least the stats of full 346s.

The problem with it in 4.1 was with a large number of people using ungemmed, unenchanted 339 crafted blues and 352 honor blues. These people would either play in their unbearably awful gear or switch to their low-ilvl PvE gear that made it obvious that they gamed the system to be there.

Basically, I think that Blizzard would only take action in the case of someone:
- Wearing low-ilvl PvE gear with PvP gear in their bags,
- Wearing full PvP gear with just enough ilvl to get in, or
- Queueing for the wrong role with no intent of even trying to perform that role

In the first two cases the actions would likely be limited to a GM having a chat with them, not even a warning. Third case would probably get them a warning.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:47 am

Shoju wrote:Dumb right? You suffered the consequences of someone else not understanding how to gear.

There are very. VERY Few healers that I would be ok with in full pvp gear. This is the only one that comes to mind off the top of my head, but I'm sure i could find another one or two if someone put me in a position where I had to find one.

No, she suffered the consequences of someone else not understanding how to PLAY.

Nikachelle wrote:so I logged a ticket to point out they were useless in their gear (they shouldn't have been, but they were).

What PsiVen said above is right... having 371 pvp gear should qualify you to heal any regular heroic and probably any of the troll heroics assuming you know how to play.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:56 am

It was just a heroic Deadmines run.

Anyway, I had thought my logic was stemmed from a blue post on the matter. Seems not. This thread can be locked as there's no point in continuing the discussion any further. Thanks!
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Return to General