is DP holy power bugged?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

is DP holy power bugged?

Postby steadypal » Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:53 pm

i noticed a few times, but never tested it out. but is it a bug? everytime i DP to get 3hp and then word of glory myself it only heals for 7k ish, but if i get the 3 holy power via cs/hotr etc it heals for 15kish. is something going on here that im not aware of?
steadypal

Re: is DP holy power bugged?

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:02 pm

DP cuts your healing done by 50%. It says right in the tooltip :P
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Kelaan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:18 pm

This is why many people have a /cancelaura Divine Plea in their word of glory macro, on the theory that if you need it enough for DP->Heal, you don't care about the longer term mana regeneration from Divine Plea.
Kelaan

Postby sahiel » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:53 pm

Kelaan wrote:This is why many people have a /cancelaura Divine Plea in their word of glory macro, on the theory that if you need it enough for DP->Heal, you don't care about the longer term mana regeneration from Divine Plea.

This, I use;

#showtooltip
/cast Divine Plea
/cancelaura Divine Plea
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby steadypal » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:48 pm

oh lol derp

ty
steadypal

Postby Belloc » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:06 am

sahiel wrote:
Kelaan wrote:This is why many people have a /cancelaura Divine Plea in their word of glory macro, on the theory that if you need it enough for DP->Heal, you don't care about the longer term mana regeneration from Divine Plea.

This, I use;

#showtooltip
/cast Divine Plea
/cancelaura Divine Plea

I'm pretty sure that macro would have to be pressed twice to actually remove Divine Plea. The second line is being sent before Divine Plea actually becomes active.
Belloc

Postby Flex » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:09 am

/cancelaura Divine Plea
/cast Word of Glory

profit.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby sahiel » Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:09 am

Belloc wrote:
sahiel wrote:

This, I use;

#showtooltip
/cast Divine Plea
/cancelaura Divine Plea

I'm pretty sure that macro would have to be pressed twice to actually remove Divine Plea. The second line is being sent before Divine Plea actually becomes active.

That's the point of it actually, a single press uses DP and if it's for SotR or Inq that's all I do, free mana is free, a quick double tap of the keybind gets the HP then removes the heal debuff/mana regen aura if needed for a WoG.
"Definition: Love is making a connection with another person against long odds."
"Clarification: Love is making a shot to the knees of a target 300 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope."
-HK-47
WoW Millionaire
sahiel
Maintankadonor

Postby Awyndel » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:22 am

Flex wrote:/cancelaura Divine Plea
/cast Word of Glory

profit.

Really, use this one instead. That way you can just press dp and wog regardless of circumstance. no variables.
Awyndel

Postby PsiVen » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:23 pm

If you do that, you have to incorporate everything that the WoG spell implies that a "/cast Word of Glory" macro doesn't, such as the ability to alt-cast it on yourself while targeting a friendly player.

I prefer the twice-to-cancel macro, myself.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Worldie » Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:25 pm

Real men use mouseover macros! :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Fetzie » Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:30 pm

PsiVen wrote:If you do that, you have to incorporate everything that the WoG spell implies that a "/cast Word of Glory" macro doesn't, such as the ability to alt-cast it on yourself while targeting a friendly player.

Code: Select all
/cancelaura Divine Plea
/cast [@player,mod:alt]Word of Glory; [@mouseover,help,nodead]Word of Glory

So something like this then? with alt it casts on the player, else on a friendly, not dead mouseover target, after cancelling Divine Plea.

On second thoughts, could one use a castsequence macro that looks a bit like this to make it a true one-button macro?

Code: Select all
/cancelaura Divine Plea
/castsequence Divine Plea, [@player,mod:alt]Word of Glory; [@mouseover,help,nodead]Word of Glory
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Awyndel » Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:25 pm

Suppose I was never in a situation where i targeted a friendly player and wanted to heal myself during tanking. Comes down to preference I suppose :) .

Yeah you could use alt mod in the code as well. I would advice against cast sequence, it's unreliable, or maybe I just suck at it.
Awyndel

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:43 am

PsiVen wrote:If you do that, you have to incorporate everything that the WoG spell implies that a "/cast Word of Glory" macro doesn't, such as the ability to alt-cast it on yourself while targeting a friendly player.

"/cast Word of Glory" with no conditions works exactly like just having the spell on your bar and hitting that. Including if you have a self-cast key bound, which is what you seem to be saying.

Also, the examples above don't need to use the spell name for every condition. Waste of character space in a macro, you can just list multiple conditions.
/cast [@player,mod:alt][@mouseover,exists,help,nodead,nomod:alt][] Word of Glory
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Fetzie » Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:26 am

Do you really need to specify nomod:alt in the second condition?
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Next

Return to General