Remove Advertisements

Top 10 Most Popular Names by Class

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Top 10 Most Popular Names by Class

Postby Shoju » Fri Nov 04, 2011 8:41 am

This makes my head hurt so bad. But there are some great names.

Warriors: Ugh. None that make me say "oh how clever"
Paladin: Almost as bad as DK names.
Hunter: Arrowdynamic is clever.
Rogues: /Yawn
Priest: Not bad, not great, but not bad.
DK's: This is the basis of the stereotypes I deal with. I hate every last one of those names.
Shaman: /yawn
Mage: Frostitute. I swear I see that name all the fraeking time.
Warlock: Warlockholmes made me giggle.
Druids: Owlkapwn is AWESOME
Shoju

Postby Shyrtandros » Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:05 am

valura wrote:I'm amazed so many people actually found/chose this name, after all, over 75% of the names seem to have either a fun part (lol, wtf, pwn, pvp, etc) or a class specific part (dk, pal, pally, lock, drood, sham, shammy, rogue, etc) in it.

Personally, I do have 2 characters called Wærloga, although I kinda regret not calling the second one Varolokkur.

It has a class specific part :) Waerloga is the Old English term for modern day Warlock as i'm sure you know.
"Warning: AA posts may cause severe urges to buy or rent games you may not have been interested in, known about or would normally consider playing. If you experience sudden urges to purchase said games please consult your wallet, bank account or significant other to see if these games are right for you and your budget."
Shyrtandros

Postby Kelaan » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:00 pm

I really found Layonhooves amusing, though I wouldn't want to PLAY that toon name.
Kelaan

Postby Kelaan » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:03 pm

Sagara wrote: Arthas is a forbidden name, so everyone needs to make a variation. Ergo, everyone has its own variation

That's interesting. If one were to compress all the special characters that people often use to get past conflicts (e.g., Cålvin), it would likely change a lot of this.
Kelaan

Postby halabar » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:20 pm

Kelaan wrote:
Sagara wrote: Arthas is a forbidden name, so everyone needs to make a variation. Ergo, everyone has its own variation

That's interesting. If one were to compress all the special characters that people often use to get past conflicts (e.g., Cålvin), it would likely change a lot of this.

Yeah, that's why you aren't seeing Legolas and other similar ones.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Flex » Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:22 pm

halabar wrote:
Kelaan wrote:

Yeah, that's why you aren't seeing Legolas and other similar ones.

I was surprised that Legolaz is spread out over so many classes.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby PsiVen » Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:41 pm

I haven't seen 90% of these names. I guess they're counting random low level alts, who are much more likely to have silly joke names.
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Crimsonheart » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:22 pm

theres no warrior named warriorzor! or priests named lolpriest...wheres the children...
Crimsonheart

Postby Darielle » Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:41 am

I like how Druids not only just have Owlcapone, but three different versions of it in the rankings.
Darielle

Postby valura » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:24 am

Shyrtandros wrote:
valura wrote:I'm amazed so many people actually found/chose this name, after all, over 75% of the names seem to have either a fun part (lol, wtf, pwn, pvp, etc) or a class specific part (dk, pal, pally, lock, drood, sham, shammy, rogue, etc) in it.

Personally, I do have 2 characters called Wærloga, although I kinda regret not calling the second one Varolokkur.

It has a class specific part :) Waerloga is the Old English term for modern day Warlock as i'm sure you know.

I am very much aware of it, that's why I chose that name. I was referring to the obvious names as loldotlock, loladin, imbawarr, lolpwnrogue, and similar names, where a clear indicator of the class is in the name. I totally condone, and support the use of smart names, having a specific reference to something involving the class (or spec), in fact, if there had been an option to use spaces in the name I probably would've made my tankadin refer to Charles the Hammer Martel (see sig)...

On the same note, my rogue is called Hashishin, because she'll be assassination spec (once she gets to 85), and it's a direct referral to the ancient cult of assassins (literal translation, tbh)
In tribute to the original Paladin, Charles the Hammer Martel (° 688 - † 22 oct 741).
Bohica (90) BM
Kul Tiras >>> Valura (90) Prot | Hashishin (90) Combat | Arishem (90) Blood | Maurgane (90) Frost | Bova (90) Bear |
| Zannah (90) Resto | Farmingbull (76) Resto | Shoju (51) WW | Wærloga (63) Destro | Dejiko (50) Prot |
Draenor >>> Kenesha (90) Resto | Qedesha (80) Disc | Lanthlasa (52) BM | Xiaohongquan (78) WW |

Jebus what a soul crushing procession of Failures, Septic Tanks, Oxygen thieves and Utter Utter retards. - masterpooba
valura
Maintankadonor

Location: outer ring of the 7th circle of Hell (aka Kul Tiras EU - Horde side)

Postby Skye1013 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:05 am

I had a hunter named Cowlel (guess the race :P) and his pet was a wolf named Krypto.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Esilence » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:28 pm

Skye1013 wrote:I had a hunter named Cowlel (guess the race :P) and his pet was a wolf named Krypto.

It took me a minute, but I laughed :)
Eteyin - Resto Shaman
Esilence - Prot Pally
EU-Wildhammer
Esilence

Postby Astronomic » Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:59 am

Im surprised for shaman theres no Dalishama Barakoshama or Oprahwindfury
You can have my gold for free, The mobs of elywnn forest are holding on to it.
Astronomic

Postby fafhrd » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:05 pm

I'm still boggling over how Glitterstorm is apparently a popular warrior name.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Flex » Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:11 pm

fafhrd wrote:I'm still boggling over how Glitterstorm is apparently a popular warrior name.

It is one of the most popular Blood Elf names.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to General