Remove Advertisements

Facebook Group Name reference

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Facebook Group Name reference

Postby lythac » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:56 pm

Amirya wrote:
Flex wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:because I don't have a Facebook account. :)


I'm so hipster I had one and deactivated it.

Mine's also deactivated. I just never used it, and really really got sick to death of seeing the shitload of "LOL TIHS IZ FUNY GUYS" spam, or people using it as a goddamn IM for lovesick puppies. "I msis u, hunny!" "Aw, me2." "I <3 U!" "<3 U MOAR!"


You can remove friended people like those from showing in your news feed but retain them as friends. Once that is done (or like me you rarely get that) and you have blocked all the apps it is an OK place to be.

As mentioned earlier the Maintankadin group has discovered the group chat function. I have a group set up with the friends I go out with most (group of 10) and we will use the group chat when at work to arrange spontaneous visits to the pub. Also we post to our group wall rather than mass texting as everyone can see responses.

Also my friends post pictures of me. There is now an option where you have to approve tagged photos of yourself before they show on your profile. So the awful drunk photos of me don't make it to my profile anymore.

Facebook is decent once you have it sorted to your needs.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
User avatar
lythac
Moderator
 
Posts: 2672
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:10 am

Re: Facebook Group Name reference

Postby Amirya » Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:59 pm

Unfortunately, the offenders are the same ones, "did you see that? What did you think? blah blah blah" to the same stupid things.

It's much easier (for me) to deactivate FB and let the rumours of my death frighten them (I kid you not, someone seriously thought I died because my FB was deactivated).
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3935
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Facebook Group Name reference

Postby lythac » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:17 pm

Amirya wrote:Unfortunately, the offenders are the same ones, "did you see that? What did you think? blah blah blah" to the same stupid things.


Are or aren't?
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
User avatar
lythac
Moderator
 
Posts: 2672
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:10 am

Re: Facebook Group Name reference

Postby Amirya » Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:20 pm

Sorry, am on break.

The offenders (who post that stupid shit) are the same ones who ask me if I saw the stupid shit they just spammed.

Also, just caught up on Relationships, and my head hurts. I think.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3935
Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:59 am

Re: Facebook Group Name reference

Postby degre » Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:47 am

Amirya wrote:
Flex wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:because I don't have a Facebook account. :)


I'm so hipster I had one and deactivated it.

Mine's also deactivated. I just never used it, and really really got sick to death of seeing the shitload of "LOL TIHS IZ FUNY GUYS" spam, or people using it as a goddamn IM for lovesick puppies. "I msis u, hunny!" "Aw, me2." "I <3 U!" "<3 U MOAR!"

I hate this crap, that's why I just block from my view all the spammers, for the games is even easier, everytime a new demented FB games pops up you block it at the first invite and you'll never see it again.

Personally before FB I was contrary to social sites, none really hit it in my opinion, with FB on the other hand I find it useful because all in one place we organise parties, fool around and share pictures, so it help me organise the mess we do at the weekend while being able to keep in touch with old friends back in Italy. Being a large and widespread group helps us with organisation, instead of having to call everyone we simply set up an event in our group and see how comes.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
User avatar
degre
 
Posts: 1108
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:11 pm
Location: Oxford, UK

Re: Facebook Group Name reference

Postby Worldie » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:00 am

You shouldn't be happy of facebook, I have compromising pictures of you in there!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13347
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Facebook Group Name reference

Postby degre » Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:26 am

Uh!? Not that I remember of...


*cough*ifyouexcludethecheerleaderone*cough*
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
User avatar
degre
 
Posts: 1108
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:11 pm
Location: Oxford, UK

Re: Facebook Group Name reference

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:39 pm

Bump, need more people to spa... chat with!
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13347
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Re: Facebook Group Name reference

Postby Petrus » Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:41 am

Just put in a request to join the group. My character is Petrus, so it should be no surprise that my name is Peter.
User avatar
Petrus
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 940
Joined: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:45 am
Location: St. Paul, Minnesota

Re: Facebook Group Name reference

Postby Orthien » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:18 am

Just put my request in. Name is Daniel but my page address is Orthien.
User avatar
Orthien
 
Posts: 283
Joined: Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:59 am

Re: Facebook Group Name reference

Postby Arnock » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:46 pm

Micaiah Wells
Image
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
User avatar
Arnock
 
Posts: 3658
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: Everywhere and nowhere

Re: Facebook Group Name reference

Postby bldavis » Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:51 pm

when i get back from my physics reveiw, i will be going through and updating my first post with a consolidated list of names
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7347
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Facebook Group Name reference

Postby Gracerath » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:17 pm

Bye space sword!
User avatar
Gracerath
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 888
Joined: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:19 pm

Re: Facebook Group Name reference

Postby lythac » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:34 am

Bump.

(it is like a recruitment post)
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
User avatar
lythac
Moderator
 
Posts: 2672
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:10 am

Re: Facebook Group Name reference

Postby Fenrìr » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:17 am

heh, just requested to join, name is Terral.
Image
Fenrìr
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1237
Joined: Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:41 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest