Some Vent help

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Some Vent help

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:03 pm

Hai guyse. I have had this issue for a bit, my current guild uses Ventrilo as voice chat, which is all fine. Problem is, their voice is very low, even by raising my pc volume at max, I have issues understanding them, plus the sounds from the game get very high at max volume.
While there are some guides on the net, I can't follow them because I use the Mac version which has a completely different UI from the Windows one.

Anyone who has better insight on Ventrilo options can share his/her wisdom and help me?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: Some Vent help

Postby bldavis » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:23 pm

i was reading this and going oh i know how to fix this!
then i saw that you have the mac version....
if ami hasnt replied to this by the time i see her, ill ask her about it
i know she has a mac too

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby cerwillis » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:26 pm

Worldie wrote:Hai guyse. I have had this issue for a bit, my current guild uses Ventrilo as voice chat, which is all fine. Problem is, their voice is very low, even by raising my pc volume at max, I have issues understanding them, plus the sounds from the game get very high at max volume.
While there are some guides on the net, I can't follow them because I use the Mac version which has a completely different UI from the Windows one.

Anyone who has better insight on Ventrilo options can share his/her wisdom and help me?

I was never able to adjust volumes individually on the Mac version. You should, however, be able to adjust your "incoming volume" in vent to raise it relative to the game sounds and your overall max volume. I don't have the Mac version installed currently, or I'd give better info.

Are you using a headset that is on the main audio driver or a USB type headset?
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:54 pm

I have a USB headset but I have set the output to be the computer's speakers.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby cerwillis » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:59 pm

People have been asking for this feature in the mac version since 2008.
Mistawillis - Cerwillis - Turbowillis - Evilan
<Silent Resolve> Durotan/SW:TOR Shii-Cho
Miniwillis <PK> SC
cerwillis
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:36 pm

I just double checked with Invis... he says it's no different than the PC version. You right click their name > Miscellaneous > Special effect... and then add the volume to the modification area and adjust it.

He says it didn't used to be a feature, but has been for several years.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Kuripari » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:32 pm

Don't forget you can also adjust game volume, either master volume, or music and effects separately from the options, sound menu in the game.
Kuripari - Skywall US Horde
Kuripari

Postby Andurin » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:25 am

Nikachelle wrote:I just double checked with Invis... he says it's no different than the PC version. You right click their name > Miscellaneous > Special effect... and then add the volume to the modification area and adjust it.

He says it didn't used to be a feature, but has been for several years.

This works for me most of the time... Except for the people that know that you turned up their volume 400% and go from talking to wishpering then :roll: Also works the other way around btw, making sure loud people dont kill your ears by lowering their volume :)
Andurin

Postby Skye1013 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:58 am

I have no idea if this works on a Mac, but I use this to avoid having to constantly adjust each persons volume. One of the settings (Gain I think?) allows you to adjust the volume up or down as needed.

http://wow.joystiq.com/2007/08/01/how-t ... o-settings
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Firas » Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:13 am

Link to the best possible fix you can do concerning vent:
http://mumble.sourceforge.net/
Firas

Postby Belloc » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:14 am

Firas wrote:Link to the best possible fix you can do concerning vent:

har har har
Belloc

Postby Firas » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:18 am

Skye1013 wrote:I have no idea if this works on a Mac, but I use this to avoid having to constantly adjust each persons volume. One of the settings (Gain I think?) allows you to adjust the volume up or down as needed.

Yeah its gain that adjusts the volume of everyone. Vent normalization is great for when you use vent.

Just note that it works for MOST cases, not all of them. Some people are just quiet because they keep their microphone in someone elses house down the street, and some people forget what an inside voice is.
Firas

Postby Shoju » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:19 am

Firas wrote:Link to the best possible fix you can do concerning vent:

QFT
Shoju

Postby KysenMurrin » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:23 am

Normalisation's always worked for me to reduce loud noises, but it doesn't seem to help with the really quiet ones.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:42 am

Skye1013 wrote:I have no idea if this works on a Mac, but I use this to avoid having to constantly adjust each persons volume. One of the settings (Gain I think?) allows you to adjust the volume up or down as needed.

Problem is, when i press SFX, I get a message saying "Not supported yet"

Worldie
Global Mod

Next

Return to General