Remove Advertisements

New talents MoP - tier 3

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: New talents MoP - tier 3

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:59 am

Dantriges wrote:I hope they introduce a few more talents. When I leveled, I liked it that new abilities were showing up every level at the beginning. With the new system, we have quite a few empty levels.

Remember that on top of a talent every 15 levels you still have a new class or spec spell gained roughly every 2nd level. Now that talented abilities are becoming spec or baseline abilities they might be able to fill in the few gaps in that. The example at least had a new spell every 2nd level from 10 to 24 (including one new spell I didn't recognise at 22).
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Dantriges » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:16 am

Yes I know.

IIRC from my levelin experiences it was one talent point or a new skill for the first 60 or so, then it slowed down.

I said you could erase some levels, not every level.

I have 51 skills currently. plus the six mount skills (one more if you cold weather). Minus the 4 granted by spec choice. Minus parry . 52. 6 talents. 58 or so. If they were able to start anew they could shut down Northrend and Outland and let you level from 1 to 60 in the Old reworked world.
Dantriges

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:26 am

I do find the current system a little underwhelming. Getting a talent point every second level means you sit for quite a while on partially filled talents, and when there are prerequisites for a good new talent it can be frustrating having to wait while you fill those. (The feeling's probably exagerrated for me right now because I'm levelling in PvP, which takes a lot longer than questing.)

The new system you'll be getting things even less often, but at least it's one click and you get a full ability, not tiny pieces you have to build up.

Every 2nd level (from 10) a new spell, every 15 levels a new talent, and every 25 levels new glyph slots. Even though it's a lot less frequent gains than when we had a talent point every level, it doesn't seem that bad to me.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Zobel » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:53 am

lythac wrote:I am not feeling the love for repentance. With 5 man Heroics toned down I can't see the need for us spending a talent point on CC which we might not use. And in raids there should be plenty of CC. Would rather take a Stun.

If you can respec talent points on the fly, then CC is something you could spec into situationally (and, the rest of the time, out of).
Zobel

Postby Dantriges » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:09 am

KysenMurrin wrote:I do find the current system a little underwhelming. Getting a talent point every second level means you sit for quite a while on partially filled talents, and when there are prerequisites for a good new talent it can be frustrating having to wait while you fill those. (The feeling's probably exagerrated for me right now because I'm levelling in PvP, which takes a lot longer than questing.)

Yeah instancing of questing gives you new levels quite fast. the feeling I got from leveling was that the new levels with nothingnew were a bit dull.

I don´t say we have to keep the old system. The new one certainly has merits. But I find the hoices underwhelming. Yeah they will be reworked probably a hundred times until release but the general theme is a bit underwhelming looking through them. At the moment they feel more like glyphs and most of them of the major quality. So they feel like they make a minor impact in general with a bit more in some situation. Some are no brainer choices, most of them because the other choice is even less appealing if you look from a PvE raid aspect.
Dantriges

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:16 am

It's going to tkae some getting used to, because it's a major change in the philosophy of talents. Instead of a system of building up small aspects of your character, with gated new-spell acquisition baked in, talents are now about modifying the way you play, choosing whether to have this or that. Maybe they need to put more in that affect main roles and, particularly, dps, but they're probably wary of having to balance three options, hence the heavy utility/pvp feel right now.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Dantriges » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:22 am

Yeah my major complaint is that talents should be major meaningful choices. At the moment they circumvented talent balance issues and cookie cutter by offering minor choices.
Last edited by Dantriges on Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dantriges

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:25 am

Depends whether you look at just one tree, or all of them. Rogues, Priests, and Warlocks have some interesting choices, I think. You can see what the potential of the system is, it just depends on how Blizzard handle specific cases - hopefully Shaman and Paladins will get some more attention.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Levantine » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:41 am

Oh god I get so sad when I look at the first release of the Shaman trees. So so sad; there's not a single choice that actually interested me.
Levantine

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:44 am

I like the idea of having Earthgrab or Repulsion totem, but beyond that I don't find the Shaman talents very interesting. With a little work the burst damage tier could be good, but as Enhance right now it has too much of a spellcaster focus.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Alantor » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:23 am

Repulsion/Windwalk totem plus totemic projection sounds great :)
Alantor

Postby Meloree » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:24 am

fuzzygeek wrote:T6: Hard to say. Holy Avenger = 3 ShoRs in a row or whatever within that 10 second window? Sanctified Wrath = 3 judgements? Might be nice if we get something similar to the Judge Dmg => Shield as baseline. Divine Purpose doesn't look that attractive to me from a tanking survivability standpoint.

Holy Avenger = 6 WoG/Holy Shield in a row while under GAnK. 10 seconds of near invincibility sounds pretty cool to me.
Meloree
Maintankadonor

Postby culhag » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:38 am

Meloree wrote:Holy Avenger = 6 WoG/Holy Shield in a row while under GAnK. 10 seconds of near invincibility sounds pretty cool to me.

That's if there's no CD on WOG...
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Dantriges » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:41 am

And friendly target with Holy Shield includes yourself.
Dantriges

Postby lythac » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:43 am

Meloree wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:T6: Hard to say. Holy Avenger = 3 ShoRs in a row or whatever within that 10 second window? Sanctified Wrath = 3 judgements? Might be nice if we get something similar to the Judge Dmg => Shield as baseline. Divine Purpose doesn't look that attractive to me from a tanking survivability standpoint.

Holy Avenger = 6 WoG/Holy Shield in a row while under GAnK. 10 seconds of near invincibility sounds pretty cool to me.

6 Holy Shield casts under GAnK on other players in a 10 man environment sounds pretty good (Chimaeron).
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
lythac

PreviousNext

Return to General