New talents MoP - tier 3

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: New talents MoP - tier 3

Postby Flex » Sun Oct 30, 2011 12:34 am

Theck has been one who has been vocal on some of the failings of the current talent system. Something along the lines of "we don't choose between survival 1 and survival 2 and threat 1 and threat 2 but we get survival 1 and survival 2 while ignoring all threat talents until we can't"

So to me they are a relic in the sense of a different time period and design philosophy that hasn't worked how they wanted. I took a look at the ToR trees a few days ago and was surprised that they took the safest route in their design, trooper healing tree is full of talents with small percentage increases. Amusingly enough I do see the appeal of that style but I find it far more boring and less fun.

As for passives vs abilities remember we will continue getting active and passive and proc abilities as we level so the talents can't be all active abilities for sanity's sake. Also, like meloree mentioned, talents cascade down in effect so you can't look at each one individually, you have to look down the tree for potential interactions.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Koatanga » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:41 am

I don't necessarily need buttons to push, and I am happy with procs, or relating talents to other abilities or talents - all that is good, fun stuff. For example, Grand Crusader links HotR and Crusader to Avenger's shield in a proc-filled way. I am completely cool with that sort of thing, because it creates a bit of flavour.

Some of the talents they have are quite fine. I am happy for interesting spec-specific things to happen when you pop GAnK, for example. Adds flavour.

Percentage boosts and cooldown-shortening? Not so tasty. Resetting the cooldown of our Hands: they just copy/pasted Premeditation from that other combo-point class.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:45 am

Fist of Justice isn't just a cooldown reduction, it's a 25 yard range stun on a short cooldown. That's a pretty huge change from the 10 yard, 1 minute stun it replaces.

Regarding them giving us Flash of Light as our baseline heal: Apart from Crusade procs, FoL is the only cast time heal I use. Holy Light heals for such a small amount that standing around healing yourself with it is just a waste of time.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Previous

Return to General