Remove Advertisements

New talents MoP - tier 3

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

New talents MoP - tier 3

Postby Alantor » Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:44 am

What is more worthwhile Sacred Shield or AD? What do you think about the new talents? I see Holy Shield (tier 4) a bit underpowered, it will stack if you spam it with Holy Avenger (tier 6)? Which talen will you choose from last tier? *.*
Alantor

Re: New talents MoP - tier 3

Postby culhag » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:02 am

These are nice thought experiments, but don't bother yourself too much with these choices until we at least see them in beta. They can change a lot until then and even after.

The talents they showed aren't even supposed to be balanced yet. Most numbers are placeholders.

Here are the new talents for reference :
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Oct 23, 2011 7:50 am

Most likely everyone will be swapping in and out per fight.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:20 am

The ability to change talents as easily as you change glyphs now is a long time coming. The resistance all these years was kind of silly.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:13 am

I will say, I hate that the current tree forces us to give up our stun if we want CC or a snare. At least I'm assuming that Fist of Justice is a renamed Hammer of Justice - I doubt they'd let us have two 6 second stuns. And no cooldown reduction for our stun, either. I rely on HoJ a helluva lot in PvP...

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Flex » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:15 am

Fist of Justice is indeed HoJ but at a 30 second cool down which is shorter than what you can get now.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:17 am

Woops, I didn't notice that. Hmm, that makes things a little different. 30 second stun or a snare...

I guess if I go Long Arm of the Law, the snare is less needed, and you can apply Long Arm without getting into melee range, unlike SoJ (even with 10y Judgement, it's better).
Last edited by KysenMurrin on Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Mukat » Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:19 am

I'm personally expecting the new philosophy to be changing your talents to suit the fight as often as you need. Now if only we can remove the reagent cost for changing glyphs. It seems silly now, to be honest.
As far as stun vs snare vs cc goes, dont forget that snare requires us to change seals and lose our dot, and probably 10 expertise too. Wouldn't surprise me if we lost that glyph though, it's overpowered. I never noticed the stun was on a 30s cd either, so I'll probably go with the stun, especially with heroics going to faceroll mode ala wrath.
Mukat

Postby KysenMurrin » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:49 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v64WAu87H8

There's the full preview of Paladin talents with GC's commentary; the uploader has one up for every class if you're interested in hearing the original info.

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby culhag » Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:46 pm

WowHead made a talent calculator !
Here's my build.
The "control" tier would most depend on what I'm facing.
I also would only take Ardent Defender if I know it will be useful, so again it depends on the encounters.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby melisandyr » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:33 pm

I'm quite hopeful for this new system. I think if you examined the requests for "missing" functionality on this board, you'd see a lot of topics and comments around movement. The first tier seems to present some interesting options to address that.

I do agree that we have a defining ability missing, but I'm sure there will be scope for that to be added in.
I'd really like to see more variation on our hand spells (Clemency seems a good step in this direction). But it would be nice to have something to defines us as a class too - Void Shift is such a fantastic idea, I hope we get something this unusual and innovative too.
melisandyr
Maintankadonor

Postby Jeremoot » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:36 pm

culhag wrote:WowHead made a talent calculator !
Here's my build.
The "control" tier would most depend on what I'm facing.
I also would only take Ardent Defender if I know it will be useful, so again it depends on the encounters.

Eh...

http://www.wowhead.com/mists-of-pandari ... ulator#lYN

That's how I'd go.
Jeremoot

Postby Torquemada » Sun Oct 23, 2011 4:59 pm

Leaning towards this: http://www.wowhead.com/mists-of-pandaria-talent-calculator#liV

Holy Shield and Ardent Defender seem more proactive than the alternatives, and I like the proactive use of cooldowns. And Judgment with no cooldown means a cheap rotational filler and a gap closer and when needed an always available sprint. If people start spamming Holy Avenger to do constant self heals or shields they'll just put cooldowns on them. And I've never been a big fan of RNG so Divine Purpose is out for me.
Torquemada

Postby culhag » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:21 pm

I read the Holy Shield tooltip ("Shields a friendly target") as meaning that you can't cast it on yourself, that's why I didn't take it.
If that's not the case then I'll take it.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Arkesh » Sun Oct 23, 2011 5:28 pm

Torquemada wrote:...And Judgment with no cooldown means a cheap rotational filler and a gap closer and when needed an always available sprint.

Only when AW is up right? Or am I missing something?

With the current talents I'll probably be going the same way as Jeremoot. But you can almost guarentee that by beta they'll have changed quite a bit.
Arkesh

Next

Return to General