Blizzcon predictions?..

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Blizzcon predictions?..

Postby Jeremoot » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:49 pm

I'm not going to lie, I'd love to play MoP.

I just can't see myself paying for it.
Jeremoot

Postby bldavis » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:55 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:Looking at MMO Champ's coverage of the Q&A, someone asked about getting 11 character slots to make room for the new class, and they've suggested they might look at having the current 50 character cap apply without realm restrictions (so you could have all 50 on one realm).

i would love this!
i have 3 realms of 10 toons, so if i was able to add another one to each, i could roll my 3 monks!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:26 pm

Blinding Shield is a lvl 87 pally ability
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Treck » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:36 pm

Klaudandus wrote:Blinding Shield is a lvl 87 pally ability

Well, actually...
This is not set in stone but Blinding Shield is currently the paladin level 87 ability.

Blinding shield WAS a cata ability aswell, but didnt make it through.
I wouldnt take that as a Yes, or a NO, its just a maybe.
Treck

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:38 pm

point there

Q.Theres lots of people wanting the reskinning for old races, I was over at the art panel and the pandaren just looked so amazing. They were talking about being 10-20 in the fact alone, is that also something they are looking into for reskinning the new races?
A.Its the one thing we really want to see brought up to the pandaren level. There are about 10 times more bones in the pandaren models compared to the current character models. We dont know when this exactly will happen, because we are still not unsure how to roll this out because some people might not like the new models as much as they do the old models.

I call bullshit on that
---
Klaudandus

Postby KysenMurrin » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:43 pm

Blinding Shield might have a btter chance this time, as there are similar (AoE daze effect) spells in other class talent trees they previewed.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Treck » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:04 pm

Make blinding shield a pushback tbh.
Why should the dps deside when they can pushback the mobs?
The tank should be the one taking that action, not to mention its a form of dmg reduction!
Treck

Postby halabar » Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:53 pm

Klaudandus wrote:point there

Q.Theres lots of people wanting the reskinning for old races, I was over at the art panel and the pandaren just looked so amazing. They were talking about being 10-20 in the fact alone, is that also something they are looking into for reskinning the new races?
A.Its the one thing we really want to see brought up to the pandaren level. There are about 10 times more bones in the pandaren models compared to the current character models. We dont know when this exactly will happen, because we are still not unsure how to roll this out because some people might not like the new models as much as they do the old models.

I call bullshit on that

It's true to some degree. Some hunters flipped out when they upgraded or fixed some of older pet models. People will flip out regardless of what they change.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Zobel » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:09 pm

Q&A:
In the Gundrak dungeon there is an area with the stone sentinel guys, and if you look over the rig you see a huge snake tail. There is nothing that massive and snakey in .. its a Chris Metzen answer to just go well look into it so I brought a screenshot of it for Chris.

*Chris looks at snake tail*
Dude just showed you his snake, man. -Dave

That is not the thing that is driving the trolls. Its a super secret WoW storyline. Thrall is going to leave Aggra and start dating Jaina.. in all seriousness I have no idea what it is but its really awesome! Sometimes really awesome stuff shows up ingame and we scramble to explain what it is. Welcome to developing video games. We put the WHAT in WHAT.

One of the biggest loose ends in WotLK (and I'm being at least half serious).
Zobel

Postby halabar » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:25 pm

Zobel wrote:Q&A:
In the Gundrak dungeon there is an area with the stone sentinel guys, and if you look over the rig you see a huge snake tail. There is nothing that massive and snakey in .. its a Chris Metzen answer to just go well look into it so I brought a screenshot of it for Chris.

*Chris looks at snake tail*
Dude just showed you his snake, man. -Dave

That is not the thing that is driving the trolls. Its a super secret WoW storyline. Thrall is going to leave Aggra and start dating Jaina.. in all seriousness I have no idea what it is but its really awesome! Sometimes really awesome stuff shows up ingame and we scramble to explain what it is. Welcome to developing video games. We put the WHAT in WHAT.

One of the biggest loose ends in WotLK (and I'm being at least half serious).

And it shows that sometimes they make it up as they go along. The comments about Varian were interesting too. Getting worked up about lore isn't worth it.

halabar

Postby halabar » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:28 pm

Klaudandus wrote:point there

I call bullshit on that

Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
Art Director Chris Robinson spoke on this just moments ago at the BlizzCon Open Q&A panel. It was in reply to an attendee who brought up that, in the art panel, it was explained that the pandaren model has 10 times the bone structures of the classic races, allowing for many more facial animations.

To paraphrase his statement -- which isn't too different from what I've said here on the forums before -- we absolutely plan on updating the existing models. As Chris mentioned, we want to make sure we preserve the look and feel of the original models players have come to know and love, while vastly improving their model and animation quality to be more in-line with the newer races.

We're not going to hide behind the statement that too many players will get mad if we tamper with their models, but it's a concern -- not a concern that's going to stop us from doing it, however. I want to stress as well that it's a massive undertaking to go back and do this. And to a lot of people it's something that won't be considered shiny new content. But not only do we hear the masses of players calling for this update, we really feel it's time to bring them up to par with newer models as well.

The game continues to age, but as we have no plans of slowing down on development any time in the near future, we want to keep updating and polishing it to stand the test of time (again, without sacrificing the look and feel which has brought players in over the years).

halabar

Postby Teranoid » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:32 pm

Its about goddamn time.
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:33 pm

Well... to be honest, I kind of would have preferred the model thing had been worked on in cata considering they put too many man hours into the low level stuff.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:55 pm

halabar wrote:And it shows that sometimes they make it up as they go along. The comments about Varian were interesting too. Getting worked up about lore isn't worth it.

I don't think not having a plan for the snake in Gundrak is evidence of that.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Nakama » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:38 pm

The best part of MoP?

There is no way they're getting through that expansion without making samurai-eqsue armor.

WOOT! :)

--Jed
Nakama

PreviousNext

Return to General