Blizzcon predictions?..

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Blizzcon predictions?..

Postby Worldie » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:55 pm

Interesting, but not amused.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:56 pm

Priest talent is nifty: Void Shift, swap health percentage with current friendly target (interesting).
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Flex » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:57 pm

Klaudandus wrote:I'm really torn

Sacred Shield, Ardent Defender or Blessed Life with a 100% proc chance, if Word of Glory has no cooldown and you take Eternal Glory....
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Lieris » Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:59 pm

Orthien wrote:Didn't feel ours had the same punch as some of the others have had.

I perked up when I watched the druid part and then when the paladin part came on by the end I was like "oh.....".
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:00 pm

Flex, Shoju, end this now.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Taeron » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:04 pm

Lieris wrote:
Orthien wrote:Didn't feel ours had the same punch as some of the others have had.

I perked up when I watched the druid part and then when the paladin part came on by the end I was like "oh.....".

Agreed. Lots of stuff we still must take and no new, fun, interesting, playful things. Like the priest star that heals and damages then returns or their HP swap.

Hm...
Taeron

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:05 pm

Flex wrote:Priest talent is nifty: Void Shift, swap health percentage with current friendly target (interesting).

New and exciting ways for priests to wipe the raid... I approve!
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:06 pm

Soooo no one saw the new Seal of Justice I guess
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Passionario » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:06 pm

Worldie wrote:Still not convinced at all by the new talent system.

The more I think about it, the more I like it.

Not only does it resemble D3's skill system (which appears to be very successful), but it's also not entirely unlike Starcraft. Picking talents is like building a base and choosing the composition of your army. (Do I go for Templars or Reavers? Nukes or Battlecruisers? Holy Avenger or Sanctified Wrath?). Then comes the actual battle, where I need to use these units/talents to the best of my ability. And once the battle/match is over, I can pick a different strategy, or try to improve the current one.

Yeah, it's a loss immersion-wise, but a major improvement in regards to actual gameplay.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Flex » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:08 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Soooo no one saw the new Seal of Justice I guess

woo snare! but no stun or longer term CC if picked. Choices be a bitch.
Flex

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:20 pm

You can still order the feed if you are so inclined, and I think you can watch the archive.

I am underwhelmed by the paladin choices right now, compared to some of the Cool Shit they did with other classes.

I actually was reminded of the SC2 skill trees.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Flex » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:22 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:You can still order the feed if you are so inclined, and I think you can watch the archive.

I am underwhelmed by the paladin choices right now, compared to some of the Cool Shit they did with other classes.

I actually was reminded of the SC2 skill trees.

Eh, we got a ton of changes in Cataclysm with HoPo, I actually like some of the choices presented to us.

though prot warriors with Bladestorm might be the best thing ever.
Last edited by Flex on Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flex

Postby Tebin » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:23 pm

I think these talent changes could be great, and really make raids a lot more fun. Right now raiding has a lot of "you really need an X with Y spec to do this role" (subtletey? rogue for V&T hc, hunter for beth hc explodey adds, etc)". Rather, I can see MoP raids to be more like "at this point we need movement speed buffs/snares on the adds/raidwide DR", which one of several classes can handle.
Tebin

Postby halabar » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:35 pm

I wonder if the 4.4 World Event might include some of these changes, or will they do it like Cata and folks who didn't purchase the expansion get changed the same day...
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby fafhrd » Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:38 pm

Tebin wrote:I think these talent changes could be great, and really make raids a lot more fun. Right now raiding has a lot of "you really need an X with Y spec to do this role" (subtletey? rogue for V&T hc, hunter for beth hc explodey adds, etc)". Rather, I can see MoP raids to be more like "at this point we need movement speed buffs/snares on the adds/raidwide DR", which one of several classes can handle.

This isn't going to change though, different specs will still have different abilities, so you'll still have stuff like BM's AoE being poor for say Beth'tilac. The new talents just mean we'll have a different set of things to respec between fights.

I don't understand GC's claim that "the rogue standing next to you will have a different spec". Unless he's doing a different job (like rogue is is dpsing in P4 while rogue B is doing dreadflame), every combat rogue showing up for heroic rag is going to have the same abilities unless the choices are on a tier of abilities none of which are used for that fight. Funnily enough, every subtlety and assasination rogue on the fight will now likely also have the same talents.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

PreviousNext

Return to General