Hallow's End 2011

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Hallow's End 2011

Postby Hrobertgar » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:13 am

Do deathgripepd critters count towards Crittergeddon achievements?....
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby halabar » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:16 am

Hrobertgar wrote:Do deathgripepd critters count towards Crittergeddon achievements?....

Highly unlikely, considering that you don't get credit for things your pets kill.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
halabar

Postby Zalaria » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:19 am

The other non-combat pets that eat critters do count, though. I got a bunch of crittergeddon points by afking near the Uldum sheep groups with my oozeling out.

So this one should count as well.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby Hrobertgar » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:21 am

So.....

Park 10 guildees with critter eaters in IF tram and afk?
Never Pug a random Troll Heroic, always wait for the guild group.

Hrobearina - 85 Healer - space goat
Hrobertgar - 85 Tank - human
Hrobernia - 85 Arcane - human
Hrobanka - 85 BM - elf
Hrobertgar

Postby Shoju » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:22 am

halabar wrote:
Hrobertgar wrote:Do deathgripepd critters count towards Crittergeddon achievements?....

Highly unlikely, considering that you don't get credit for things your pets kill.

Yes. They count. Park yourselves in that tunnel in EPL.
Shoju

Postby bldavis » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:40 pm

O.O
NICE!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Khanakazi » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:40 pm

dont forget the icebergs in northrend off borean tundra that are loaded with penguins. farmed many thousands of critters towards my guilds armadillo out there, :) get 2-3 other people and park them on other bergs so you can force respawns quicker (seemed to be a corelation between exterminating one berg and them popping up faster on one of the other ones, but that could be partially coincidental)

on a side note, i hate having to sit out annual holidays because im studying for the professional engineering exam, which some government prick decided to hold mere DAYS before halloween :evil:
Khanakazi

Postby Tev » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:54 pm

OK, if you want to see something funny; Take your crate next to a low level mob (not a critter). Drop an Explosive Decoy (the one that looks like a rabbit). See Crate eat explosive decoy.... see mobs die from explosive belch.
Tev

Postby djlar » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:08 pm

There are also 2 different brooms, one that adjusts to your riding skill, but it's 1.5s cast, the other is insta-cast and you can only fly with it and I think needs artisan flying.

So you low level toons could use the first broom from level 10 and it drops from candy buckets..

I have been doing HH boss for the horse mount since 2008, I think.. nothing yet.. not even on 8 toons on 3 days, haven't seen a guildie get it or almost anyone showing it off on Orgrimmar.. it seems the drop rate is as low as ever..

I can't also seem to find the thingies that make you orange and run faster, in previous years the boss would drop them by tons (they rained on you) now someone I've gotten only 3 candies total in all toons.
djlar

Postby Flex » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:09 pm

The tricky treats became the currency item and not the sugar rush, did they not remove the achievement for it, or did they shift it to another item?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby bldavis » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:10 pm

Tev wrote:OK, if you want to see something funny; Take your crate next to a low level mob (not a critter). Drop an Explosive Decoy (the one that looks like a rabbit). See Crate eat explosive decoy.... see mobs die from explosive belch.

DAMMIT WHY DO I HAVE TO HAVE PHYSICS LAB IN 15 MIN!

i am going to try this when i get back from class!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Sabindeus » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:11 pm

bldavis wrote:
Tev wrote:OK, if you want to see something funny; Take your crate next to a low level mob (not a critter). Drop an Explosive Decoy (the one that looks like a rabbit). See Crate eat explosive decoy.... see mobs die from explosive belch.

DAMMIT WHY DO I HAVE TO HAVE PHYSICS LAB IN 15 MIN!

i am going to try this when i get back from class!

wow

There MUST be a way to exploit this!
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby KysenMurrin » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:15 pm

Flex wrote:The tricky treats became the currency item and not the sugar rush, did they not remove the achievement for it, or did they shift it to another item?

Tricky Treats still give the speed buff and the achievement for eating until you're sick. They just changed the icon and how you get them (no longer raining from the sky and filling up your bags after each HH kill).
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby djlar » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:19 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:
Flex wrote:The tricky treats became the currency item and not the sugar rush, did they not remove the achievement for it, or did they shift it to another item?

Tricky Treats still give the speed buff and the achievement for eating until you're sick. They just changed the icon and how you get them (no longer raining from the sky and filling up your bags after each HH kill).

I swear I got some of those pumpkin shaped and not the currency somehow.. they were even in different bag slots.. weird..

I'm still 90 treats away from buying the cat.. I did lots of inns (all of the cata ones, half of kalimdor, some others) 2-3 trets per is a long way to go, I have to hit another 30+ inns or set my HS at UC to do some dailies..
djlar

Postby Flex » Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:24 pm

KysenMurrin wrote:

Ah, okay. Without going around to every pumpkin in the known world (lots more than what is listed in the EK and Kalimdor achievements by the way) seems like using them for the achievement and wanting to purchase things are at odds.

I did lots of inns (all of the cata ones, half of kalimdor, some others)

Don't go by the achievement list for Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms. If there's a flight path icon on your map check it out for a pumpkin.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

PreviousNext

Return to General