All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:22 am

[off topic]
I have reinvented them in the 'campagin' I'm a part of, breaking away from the Spider, and looking to return maho to its pure form, that of Isawa before the fall of Fu Leng. Heh, My character even took the name of the Snake who doomed the original clan as his family name.

Shoju is quite possibly the most interesting character from the Clan War era. I miss him :(
[/off topic]

[on topic]
I had tell my son that he was allowed to say pujols last name. He that it was a bad word. (he's 8 now, had this discussion when he was 5 or 6).

Once I got him to understand he could say it, He wanted to know why he didn't just go by Butthole?
Shoju

Postby Gracerath » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:23 pm

bldavis wrote:
Nakama wrote:Anyone else have a bad habit of always cheering for the loser in major sporting events? Besides supporting the Patriots and having them win, just about every other sports team I've ever cheered for during playoffs of any kind seems to lose. :(

--Jed

im a seahawks and mariners fan, that tell you anything?

as for college i am a Oregon State, and U of Idaho fan... (gotta support my school right?)

/brofist

I couldn't enjoy the superbowl the Seahawks made it to cause I was beside myself with anxiety. I also couldn't enjoy it cause they lost.

I cut loose the Mariners a long time ago. I don't really care for baseball in the first place so it wasn't a hard decision but I'll always be a die hard Seahawks fan.
Bye space sword!
Gracerath
Maintankadonor

Postby bldavis » Mon Oct 17, 2011 4:33 pm

i couldnt enjoy after the steelers were handed a TD they didnt get....

but im glad im not the only glutton for punishment!

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Nakama » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:26 pm

bldavis wrote:i couldnt enjoy after the steelers were handed a TD they didnt get....

but im glad im not the only glutton for punishment!

No kidding. To this day I don't really like the Steelers because of that Seahawks/Steelers superbowl. Talk about being given a TD.

And re: Mike and Mike:
I like them and listened to them for years when I was driving home at 8am. I still think they're overrated. :)

I think the sports fans of Cleveland, Kansas City and Seattle should get together and form some sort of super-suffering fan club. :)

--Jed
Nakama

Postby Invisusira » Mon Oct 17, 2011 7:35 pm

Did someone say Seahawks?
Invisusira

Postby bldavis » Mon Oct 17, 2011 9:33 pm

Nakama wrote:No kidding. To this day I don't really like the Steelers because of that Seahawks/Steelers superbowl. Talk about being given a TD.

its pretty dam sad when the night after the game even the QB who "scored" the TD says he didnt think he made it

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:35 am

I like pretty much any sport, but I follow the NFL, NCAAF, and MLB the most. I grew up in PA so I'm a Pittsburgh fan for the professional sports, but Penn State for college. Now that I live near Seattle I also follow the Mariners.

I'm not sure how Mike and Mike are overrated. I mean it's not that they're great, but I never really heard them showered with praise. Seattle actually has a really good morning show host with Mitch Levy. He's one of the best interviewers in sports journalism, imo.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:59 pm

We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:48 pm

I'm expecting the Rangers to win it all in the end.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Skye1013 » Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:17 pm

Even if they do, he's still 125k in the plus...
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Nakama » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:27 pm

Holy crap, that Broncos vs. Dolphins game was crazy.

Dolphins up 15-0, Broncos come back to make it 15-15 and then win in overtime with a field goal.

I was watching the game on RedZone and it was just flabbergasting to see the Dolphins defense just implode. I hate them, but still...

--Jed
Nakama

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:43 pm

They didnt implode, they realized they were supposed to go all the way in for the Suck for Luck bowl
---
Klaudandus

Postby Teranoid » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:06 pm

Someone needs to tell the Saints its illegal to show rape on television. Good lord this blowout shows something people have been saying for years. The Indianapolis Colts are NOTHING without Peyton Manning.
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:10 pm

damn 62!

they're prolly going to criticize the blowout... one of those unwritten rules about not running the score
---
Klaudandus

Postby Fridmarr » Sun Oct 23, 2011 8:56 pm

Klaudandus wrote:damn 62!

they're prolly going to criticize the blowout... one of those unwritten rules about not running the score

In the NFL, that rule doesn't really exist. In college, where the players are kids, not being paid, and the sheer number of teams creates massive mismatches, yeah there will be a backlash. Though even in college that's going away because of the affect of scoring margin on the polls. Just don't be dumb and do onside kicks or 2 point conversions when you are up by 28 in the fourth quarter and you won't hear much.

In the NFL where players are paid, it's treated differently. Not that there won't be complaints, but they'll mostly fall on deaf ears.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General