Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:58 am

Monday, November 10, 2014.

AFC NORTH
Cleveland - 6 - 3
Cincinnati - 5 - 3 - 1
Pittsburgh - 6 - 4
Baltimore - 6 - 4

Hell Has Frozen Over. The four horseman of the apocalypse roam the countryside, Cats and Dogs are co mingling, it's the end of the world.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:36 pm

And some man has no dick.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak (Retired)
Klaudandus - BE Protection/Retribution Paladin, Feathermoon (Active)
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:41 pm

bwuh?!
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:45 pm

---
Klaudandus

Postby Koatanga » Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:02 pm

Zack Bowman makes a career decision. Clearly in position to step between Lynch and the goal line, Bowman chooses not to become a speedbump:

https://vine.co/v/OimaUrp56ph

Also of note: Look at #26 who has the best possible chance to catch Lynch in the backfield, but bites on the Wilson fake giving Lynch a free release.
Un-Retired. Ish. Koatanga, Cutesy, Shapely, Sultry of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Shoju » Tue Nov 11, 2014 3:31 pm

This must have been the run for a TD after he smashed the LB at the line knocking him down like one of those inflatable punching clowns.
Shoju

Postby Shoju » Tue Nov 18, 2014 12:19 pm

Note:
If you are a cleveland browns player, don't bitch about your role. You will get cut. See: Ben Tate.

In other news, I find it ironic, or idiotic, that a man convicted of child abuse would complain that his punishment for beating his son with a switch, covering 40+% of the 4 year old's body with bruises, welts, and cuts that were visible days later on the legs, genitals, abdomen, and back, would have the audacity to claim that his punishment was too harsh.

Sorry, that might be a "bad joke" but damn Adrian Peterson. Y U SO DUM
Shoju

Postby Nooska » Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:00 am

from across the pond; re the latter.
From the reporting I've seen, the 'issue' is that coporal punishment is legal and accepted in most (?) states; so the abuse here is (according to reports I've seen) only having gone too far - crossed the line for what is acceptable corporal punishment, and what is the early stages of abuse - how far across the line I haven't seen any reporting of.
(let me be clear, I don't condone what was done, and I don't condone corporal punishment, even though I do see some issues with making it outright illegal, as we have seen some discussions of here - but that is a matter for another thread)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Koatanga » Thu Nov 20, 2014 12:26 pm

I read a report that said Adrian Peterson's son had bruises and/or welts over 40 percent of his body including his genitals.

I think by any rational yardstick, that's going too far.
Koatanga

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:17 pm

I was disciplined with a belt when I'd really get out of line, but what he did is Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of line.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Thu Nov 20, 2014 1:42 pm

I was disciplined with a switch as a child. It was part of my parent's fundamental christian upbringing.

BUT.

I was never beaten to a point where I had Cuts, Bruises, and welts that covered such a large portion of my body, including my genitals.

http://dailysnark.com/pictures-adrian-p ... ds-emerge/

THis has some pictures of the evidence that are four days old.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gregorymcne ... texas-law/

Includes quote from peterson where he admits to hitting him the scrotum "I got him once in the nuts" It broke the skin.

He has shown no remorse. At all. The closest he has come is saying "Well, I sort of felt bad, but I'm tearing that butt up when needed!" or something similar.
Shoju

Postby Shoju » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:21 am

And the bench hoyer campaign is in full steam. I was afraid this would happen. He had a couple of bag games. EVERY QB DOES. BUt Johnny fucking benchwarmer is on the sideline, so..... Yeah. Hoyer wont make it another bad game.
Shoju

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:37 pm

Put bae in...
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Koatanga » Mon Nov 24, 2014 8:30 pm

Is the "bench Hoyer" movement still in full force when Johnny Football is brawling at 2:30 am?
Koatanga

Postby Shoju » Tue Nov 25, 2014 12:18 pm

Sadly, yes.

Browns fans have been stuck in this "THE BACKUP WILL BE AMAZING!" mode, since we released Kosar for Vinny T. It goes further back than 1999. It's disgusting. We can't be happy with the fact that we've got a team 3 games over 500, that is playing hard. We can't focus on the fact that we just released a guy we spent a lot of money on to go with the rookies, because they were playing amazing. We constantly focus on "the next guy, who will be the greatest since Kosar".

Here's a hint. Kosar wasn't amazing. He was good, but he was FAAAAAAAAR from Montana-esque.
Shoju

Postby Shoju » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:18 am

Johnny Douchebag is now Johnny Starter.

Marvin Lewis calls him a midget.

A cleveland TV station sends a real little person to the press conference.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... -1.2040836

Great job by Lil jon. He's hilarious. I miss the Big Chuck and Lil Jon Show.
Shoju

Postby Koatanga » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:00 am

So at 30-0, is it still Johnny Starter or is it Johnny Douchebag again?

Meanwhile the Seattle Seahawks continue to play the "just kidding" card after starting the season with a "we haz teh Suberb Owl hangoverz" theme.
Koatanga

Postby Shoju » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:05 am

1st round hype
6th round talent

Merrill Hoge said this about him before the game. I think the game proved him right. And that's really all there is to say about it. He's awful. I'm not saying he can't be good or great, but he wasn't ready.

We benched a QB with a winning record, because the team caved to fan pressure, instead of riding out the QB who had gotten us into playoff contention.

And then Bernie Fucking Kosar had to go and say shit that I agreed with.

That's two guys I can't stand listening to that I AGREED WITH this week.

Kosar said that the names change, but the song and dance stays the same in cleveland. next man up, burn through qb's. no development, not chance to learn a system. just feed them to the wolves, thinking that something is going to change.

I say:
We keep drafting QB's, looking for Peyton, Luck, or another 1st rd stud, but keep drafting Jamarcus Russell clones, while passing over guys in the middle rounds and giving them a chance to develop into a good / great QB.

Until the organization changes it's mentality, the song and dance stay the same, the names don't matter.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:31 am

#BringBackTebow

I'll be honest, at least the Browns are better than Jets, Titans and Bears.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:47 am

#Jamarcustocleveland

Because it can't get worse than what we saw on Sunday.

I'm not sure with Manzielf on the Shelf (youtube that phrase, and rejoice) behind center that we are better than anyone.
Shoju

Postby honorshammer » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:33 am

Shoju wrote:I say:
We keep drafting QB's, looking for Peyton, Luck, or another 1st rd stud, but keep drafting Jamarcus Russell clones, while passing over guys in the middle rounds and giving them a chance to develop into a good / great QB.

Until the organization changes it's mentality, the song and dance stay the same, the names don't matter.

I would challenge your premise. There are not alot of middle round guys playing or winning.

Going back 20 years, exactly 4 quarterbacks drafted after pick #33 (1st to 3rd pick of the 2nd round depending on if pre 1995 or after) have won a Super Bowl: Brady(6th round - won 2001,2003,2004), Warner (undrafted - won 2000), Brad Johnson (9th round - won 2003), and Wilson (3rd round - won 2013) (http://www.drafthistory.com/index.php/s ... rterbacks/).

Of the top 20 quarterbacks this year (by passing yards) all are 1st or early 2nd round picks expect for Brady, Hoyer, Romo, and Wilson.

I'm not sure who these middle round guys developing in good/great QBs you are thinking of. Wilson is the only guy and based on the evidence he seems the very definition of an outlier. Saying you'll find another Wilson is like saying you'll find another Brady. It doesn't appear to happen.

Edit: Missed Wilson in SB analysis, corrected.
honorshammer

Postby Shoju » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:49 pm

As a Browns fan, I'm not looking at just Super Bowl Winning QB's. I'd settle for a QB who has made the playoffs.

Matt Hasselbeck - Rd 6
Matt Schaub - Rd 3
Tony Romo - undrafted
Nick Foles - Round 3

While Schaub has imploded in the past few years, I'd still take his career over what I've had to watch recently. Though, I guess you could put him right there with Hoyer.
Shoju

Postby Koatanga » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:21 pm

The Browns are very much like the Seahawks who use a top-tier defense to keep things under control, and produce enough offense to get the job done. What separates the Seahawks is the combination of a back who requires multiple tacklers with a QB who is, let's face it, THE steal of the past several drafts.

Finding a QB is a tough job. The Seahawks took a chance on a kid with through-the-roof numbers who only lacked height. That opened the door for other short QBs, but the college game relies too much on mobile QBs who run and doesn't produce enough mobile QBs who throw. Wilson was lightning in a bottle.

There are a LOT of potentially good-enough QBs in free agency next year. They could have a look at Ponder, Locker, or Clausen.
Koatanga

Postby Shoju » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:51 am

This site hates me. I had a witty reply, about tennessee ponytails, and manzielf on a shelf, and while typing, the site logged me out, and i'm unable to recover the wit.
Shoju

Postby Koatanga » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:37 pm

So what's going on in the dumpster fire that is Cleveland? Now that the fans have seen Manziel having a historically bad performance, conveniently followed by an IR for a hamstring and subsequently showing up late to treatment and getting fined, are fans still sold on him as QBOTF?
Koatanga

PreviousNext

Return to General