All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Teranoid » Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:26 am

Ben as well as quite a few others were injured.. and you only won by 6 points.

But I guess when you're forever irrelevant you need something to hang your hat on :)
Teranoid

Postby Shoju » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:50 pm

Fridmarr wrote:
Shoju wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:zing! You're a braver man than me a week before this particular version of the Steelers plays host to them.

And forgets the 8 turnovers and a loss from last year.

8 turnovers

Really? You're going there? I wouldn't expect a Brown's fan would want to start comparing past resumes. I mean, I don't think you are going to come out very well in a comparison to one of, if not the, most successful franchises since the merger, to... well one of the worst. #KnowWhenToQuit

I was simply going to the "Embarrass twice a year for a decade" comment.

You can say that it was because ben was hurt. but ok. Let's go there. 4 of the turnovers were with big ben's replacement. That leaves 4. And an L. to a team that is embarrassed twice a year for a decade. That's all I'm saying. The key part of the comment was the past decade, because post merger, pre-expansion, it was a damn good rivalry.
Shoju

Postby Fridmarr » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:06 pm

Going back 2 decades (17 seasons due to the move to B'more), Cleveland is like 6-32 against the Steelers (I think that includes today's Brown's loss). One of those seasons in which they got a win, they still lost twice due being eliminated by the Steelers in the playoffs, and in another season (the Brown's only other playoff appearance in that span) they lost 3 times to the Steelers, again being sent home by the Steelers in the playoffs after the two regular season losses (brutal).

So yeah, I guess you're right, congrats...I guess. The hashtag still applies in my opinion.

On another note, I fully expect for SD to easily handle a KC team mixing in backups, but it's still lol worthy to me that after the start the Steelers had that they are still in contention until the afternoon games in the last week. Parity I guess.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Teranoid » Sun Dec 29, 2013 2:32 pm

Million
Dollars

Enjoy that as you sit on the couch this postseason Ravens :D

Also let him be. You know a team is shit is when all the fans have to talk about how good they were 40 years ago.
Teranoid

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:23 pm

The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Sun Dec 29, 2013 5:35 pm

I'm going to warn you right now:

This post is going to be filled with profanity after this warning. I'm really really really unhappy.

The fucking factory of sadness is a joke. jimmy 3 sticks, joe banner, and michael lombardi have no fucking idea how the hell to do shit in the nfl. it's painfully obvious. Start with lombardi's dumbass comments about how gordon isn't a good player, to the double talk about chud (just 6 short weeks ago, they were in love, and very happy with him), to the absolutely asinine dumbshittery that they have done with the qb / rb situations.

if they fucking fire chudzinski, the nfl should step in, look at the front office, and say: Get the fuck out of here. You dont' know what you are doing. one year on the job. when you are trading away the players that were here in training camp, when you are creating derision amongst your players by actively shopping them through the season, This season was abysmal as a fan. It's been soul sucking. It's the second straight season in a row that I have BET AGAINST my favorite team, the team I root for, AND WON MONEY. That's right. I bet against the Browns winning games, and won. WHAT FUCKING FANBASE HAS PEOPLE WHO DO THIS?

Just the clowns. I can't even begin to explain just how soul sucking this season has been unless you are a fan of the browns. It doesn't matter if they were right about richardson. When that happened, it sucked the life right out of the fan base. Followed by the constant trying to trade gordon, followed by the

weeden
hoyer
campbell
weeden
campbell
weeden
cambell
hey we signed a trick shot guy
quarterback clusterfuck

or the
richardson
no he sucks so we'll trade him
and sign an old guy
oh wait he sucks
hey let's try this rainey guy
no he sucks
lets just waive him
oh shit. he really can run
so lets try this muppet
who sucks
so we'll get this other guy
oh hey, he not too terrible! There might be something here.
but we're going to fire the coach, and this guy was a practice squad player, so EFF THIS SHIT, HE'LL BE GONE IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS.
carousel at running back.

Jeezus, I shouldn't have started typing this. I was drinking when i started collecting my thoughts about this shit, and now i'm even more angry, and the glass of rum is gone.

one season. we blew it all fucking up for one god damn season with a new HC, OC, DC, blew up the defense, blew up so much, spent money on shit, all to fucking blow it up one season that we punted on back in september, on my fucking birthday.

The browns are a joke. I'm pretty sure, right now I hate jimmy 3 sticks, and his fellatio giving front office crony shitheads more than art modell, the hoodie, the cry baby brady, afraud, & braun all rolled into one fucking shitburger.

I retain the right to remove this semi drunken alcohol tirade if the browns don't fire chud.
Shoju

Postby Fridmarr » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:57 pm

I gotta think they have someone lined up. I mean they have too right? Otherwise, they are going to be reaching to the bottom of the barrel or taking a big risk on someone unexpected (which isn't all that unusual I guess). No one is going to want to go there...but then I thought that about the Skins a while back and they managed to get Gibbs and Shanahan, which is some pretty good pedigree, so what do I know.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:59 pm

The browns just made it official on the Chud firing.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:23 am

Fridmarr wrote:I gotta think they have someone lined up. I mean they have too right? Otherwise, they are going to be reaching to the bottom of the barrel or taking a big risk on someone unexpected (which isn't all that unusual I guess). No one is going to want to go there...but then I thought that about the Skins a while back and they managed to get Gibbs and Shanahan, which is some pretty good pedigree, so what do I know.

Wow. I just came back and read this in the morning, sober. Yep. Still feel the same way. Now, to respond to your quoted post.

You could think that. You could think that it would be a forgone conclusion that if they are lame ducking a coach who did as well as could be expected given the circumstances, they would have to have someone lined up.

But that completely takes the knowledge of the current regimes past and throws it out the window.

They got rid of TRich, with no clear backup plan in mind. And when it went wrong, they've pinned it on the head coach
They made zero moves as the sucktitude of Weeden, and the injuries to their QB's started piling up until late in the season.
They made zero moves to try and improve the team with existing free agents during the season, when there were players out there who would have at least improved the "backups"

You are right though. NO ONE IN THEIR RIGHT MIND is going to want to come to Cleveland. I mean, who wants to come to a job, where your boss can fuck you as hard as the browns front office fucked chud all season long, and then pin the shit season on him? Are we going to put Bernie Kosar's drunk, concussed ass on the sideline as a coach?
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:52 am

Chud. Fired.
Frazier. Fired.
Shanahan. Fired.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Mon Dec 30, 2013 9:12 am

Teranoid wrote:120
Million
Dollars

Enjoy that as you sit on the couch this postseason Ravens :D

I'll enjoy recent Super Bowl win and a smaller cap hit than if Flacco was franchised.

When the Ravens kick the back-loaded can down the road a few years from now I wonder if they'll get the non-judgmental reporting the Patriots and Brady get for doing the same thing.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:14 pm

Schiano. Out.
Schwarz. Out.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:24 pm

Man, Middle Tennessee state was disgusting in their play against Navy. I think someone told the refs about it at half time, because all the crap they were getting away in the first half, suddenly started getting noticed and flagged in the second. I can't believe the coach didn't clean that up after half time, much less when the penalties starting hurting them. That was very sorry display of college athletics.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Arnock » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:52 pm

Tried to watch the Rose Bowl today, but apparently it was only available on ESPN.

Wasn't that always shown on NBC or something?
Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:01 pm

It's a contract thing, so it potentially changes each time the contract expires. I believe it previously was on ABC (both ABC and ESPN are owned by Disney), but it's been on ESPN for a few years now.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General