Remove Advertisements

All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:34 pm

No, the unnecessary roughness part is the hit to the head. You repeat that situation 1000 times with 1000 different players and that punter gets leveled in every single one of them, there's zero question of that. It might be a shoulder to the chest (which is what the NFL wants, but glosses over the fact that it is the most dangerous hit because it FORCES the tackler/blocker to lower his head) which would not be illegal, but he's getting blown up either way. Really it's almost impossible to not level him on that play though. He needs to be blocked because he's trying to make a tackle, and since he's not looking and running upright, he's essentially going to run into a wall without looking which is going to result in a pancake even if the blocker just stands there.

Garvin was indeed fined:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... --nfl.html

Honestly, if the NFL wants to consider punters and kickers as defenseless players, then the NFL should require the punters/kickers to run off the field after they kick. The NFL is setting themselves up for trouble by declaring a player as defenseless and then letting him take part in the tackling/blocking.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Flex » Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:18 pm

Go Cam Go!
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:18 pm

Flex wrote:Go Cam Go!

And the Cardilulz might knock out the Saints with this unlikely win against the Seachickens.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:00 am

I've never seen two teams come out flatter with something to play for than the Ravens and Bears.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:04 am

Flex wrote:I've never seen two teams come out flatter with something to play for than the Ravens and Bears.

I'd say the Detroit Lions as well... hope Schwartz gets fired
---
Klaudandus

Postby Shoju » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:14 am

So the browns lost. again. Shocker.
Denver is the best team in the league.
Indianapolis confounds me.
Philadelphia, and Chip Kelly sure do make for entertaining football. That whole "blitzkrieg" style offense seems to work pretty well as long as you aren't playing against Manning, in the middle of the greatest statistical season in history.
I hate the Steelers. And I hate that they still have a chance at the playoffs.
San Diego making the playoffs would only validate incorrect assumptions that the problem with the team was solely Norv Turner.
Tom Brady would be MVP if not for Manning in the AFC. He's done more with nothing than I thought he would.
Did the Giants / Lions game prove that the Giants aren't as bad as their record, that Lions aren't as good as their record, or that both teams have serious discipline problems? I say D. All of teh above.
ARZ beat seattle in seattle. If RL had achievements, that would be a feat of strength.
Buffalo, I had to watch this game, at a family function. I still say Thad Lewis deserves a chance to be a starter somewhere. He continuously impresses me. His stats may not have been "great" yesterday, but he looked better than the stats.
Pacman Jones plays for the Bengals? WTF?! How did I not know he was still in the league?
STL is going to be a serious threat to that division if/when they ever get a franchise QB not made out of China.
Dallas is going to get destroyed next week. If that is what happens when you face the skins in a must win game, you are going to get run right the fuck over by a better team.
Tennessee beats jax, probably saving their coaches job.
Shoju

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:28 am

Probably because he hasnt been arrested in a while. That said, given his past, its a given he would play for the State Pen. Bengals. =P
---
Klaudandus

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:08 pm

Von Miller is down and out with a torn ACL...weakening even more an already weak Broncos defense.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:12 pm

Having been in DC for the reign of Norv. Norv as a head coach can make any good team mediocre and keep it there.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:45 pm

Flex wrote:Having been in DC for the reign of Norv. Norv as a head coach can make any good team mediocre and keep it there.

I'm not arguing that. He may be a mediocre head coach. But the problems in San Diego didn't start and end with Norv is all I'm saying. They are still a pretty mediocre team, who has one hell of a w17 game to win if they want a chance at a winning season or the playoffs.
Shoju

Postby Teranoid » Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:12 pm

Shoju wrote:I hate the Steelers. And I hate that they still have a chance at the playoffs.

I would hate them too if they did nothing but embarrass my team twice a year for close to a decade.
Teranoid

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:57 pm

zing! You're a braver man than me a week before this particular version of the Steelers plays host to them.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Teranoid » Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:55 am

I highly doubt the stars will align in their favor this week but then again who knows with the NFL this season. No one wants to win the NFC North, the NFC East has been a dumpster fire down to its final week, the AFC North is "The Bengals and a bunch of teams that will apparently explode if they stray too far from .500"

As long as the Ravens don't get in I'll be satisfied by spending the entire offseason laughing at them and their 120 million dollar QB
Teranoid

Postby Shoju » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:30 am

Fridmarr wrote:zing! You're a braver man than me a week before this particular version of the Steelers plays host to them.

And forgets the 8 turnovers and a loss from last year.

8 turnovers
Shoju

Postby Fridmarr » Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:12 am

Shoju wrote:
Fridmarr wrote:zing! You're a braver man than me a week before this particular version of the Steelers plays host to them.

And forgets the 8 turnovers and a loss from last year.

8 turnovers

Really? You're going there? I wouldn't expect a Brown's fan would want to start comparing past resumes. I mean, I don't think you are going to come out very well in a comparison to one of, if not the, most successful franchises since the merger, to... well one of the worst. #KnowWhenToQuit
Fridmarr
Global Mod

PreviousNext

Return to General